ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant extension - main migrant applying ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 pm

I am bit confused. let me explain my immigration history.

I entered UK in Year 2004 on student visa.

Got HSMP in Nov 2007
Tier 1 in OCT 2009

My wife joined me in July 2010. She has not finished 2 years yet.

What application she needs to apply for? my understanding is FLR(M).
Could you pls confirm?

Thanks & Regards
T

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:12 pm

currydixon wrote:My wife joined me in July 2010. She has not finished 2 years yet.
How? July 2010 to October 2012 is more than 2 years!!

Q12, Q16.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Sorry. Apologies, She joined me in July 2011.

Could you please confirm, she needs to apply for FLR M or not?

Thanks in advance.

T

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Can you please advise?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Have you done so?

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:46 pm

My wife visa expire same as my visa on 3rd week of November. I have checked that link. and according that My wife has not completed 2 years yet , so she needs to apply for FLR(M). Is that correct?

Thanks
T

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 am

Can you please anyone help to clarify?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:55 am

On sushdmehta's link above, re-read:

b) If the PBS dependant's current leave will expire before he/she completes the qualifying period then the dependant can extend their PBS dependant leave until such time that he/she becomes eligible for settlement (319C and 319D).
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi Dear

Thanks for feedback. I read the link and i am saying same thing that she is not completed her 2 years qualifying period , so she will go for FLR(M).

Is that correct understanding?

Thanks
T

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:34 pm

One easy way to satisfy yourself would be to ask at the PEO itself on your appointment date.

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:37 pm

I am sorry if i wrote anything wrong mate. My understanding was FLR(M) for my wife but then i got confused myself. So just want to clarify with some one.

I think this forum created for same purpose. I am apologise if i did anything wrong mate.

Regards
T

readingboy
Newly Registered

Post by readingboy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 pm

I have the same question. My wife will not be completing 2 years and has to fill in FLR(M) form. Section 8 of this form talks about English language requirement however this was not asked when she joined me in Feb 2012 as a Tier 1 dependent?

Is my understanding correct?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:49 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:One easy way to satisfy yourself would be to ask at the PEO itself on your appointment date.

In case you misunderstood,i meant your own peo date, which I understand is one week before your wife's

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:02 am

currydixon please concentrate your ILR now. Later on you have 1 week time to think about your wife case.

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:52 am

I am asking very simple question and expecting simple answer in return. I will appreciate if some one kindly give simple feedback.

I will apply based on HSMP+Tier 1. My immigartion history is.
Got HSMP in Nov 2007
Tier 1 in OCT 2009
My wife joined me in UK in July 2011. She has not finished 2 years yet.

My understanding is, she need to apply for FLR(M) application. Is that correct?

Many thanks in advance.

T

vreddy16
Newly Registered

Post by vreddy16 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:51 pm

vreddy16
Newly Registered

Post by vreddy16 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 pm

When i contacted UKBA they asked me to apply with FLR(O) so was really confused.

I didnot book appoinment date till now . May be i will try book dates with 10 days gap.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:01 pm

currydixon: yes but make sure you must have your ILR at time of FLR M application.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-in-uk/

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Please keep your queries regarding your wife's extension under one topic.

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:19 am

Hi Dear Moderator

I will apply for my ILR next week, My wife has not completed 2 years yet on Tier 1 dependent visa and her visa expire same date as my visa. I have option of FLR(M) and PBS dependent But i will go FLR(M).

My question is £18600 income criteria.
I am in single employment since 3 years and i earn about 21k/Year. My wife also work full time but she has changed hre employment 3 months ago.

In FLR(M) ---->7.3A as a sponser only fulfilling finacial requirment as my salry around 21k/year. Category A to choose.
My wife started her recent job just 3 months ago so she has to put old employment detail. OLd employment job was part time and weekly pay.

My question is, Do i need to mention about my wife jobs? Because my employment fulfil finance requirment would be ok to put my detail only to make things simple.

Please advise.
T

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Can you please any one help? i would be really appreciate your kind support.

Rgds
t

admiring
Newly Registered

Just thought I would write a hopefully short post to answer

Post by admiring » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:45 am

currydixon wrote:Can you please any one help? i would be really appreciate your kind support.

Rgds
t
Just thought I would write a hopefully short post to answer the questions that many people have asked as to who the changes will apply to

Some key points about the changes.

1. The new rules will primarily only affect those who apply for leave as a spouse/CP/unmarried partner/fiance of a settled person or a PBS dependent AFTER 9th July 2012.

2. If you applied for and were granted either leave as the spouse/partner/fiance of a settled person/British citizen or as a PBS dependent before 9th July 2012, you will still be subject to the current immigration rules (e.g. - two year probationary requirement and not the new 5 year probationary requirement). When you apply for ILR the current rules in your category will apply for you. This is the case even if you have to make another application for 'leave to remain' before qualifying for ILR for example

- PBS dependent needs apply for further leave so that their spouse can complete his or her 5 years as a PBS migrant,

- a fiance has to apply for further leave as a spouse once the marriage has taken place,

- a spouse of a settled person does not pass the Life in the UK test so needs to apply for further limited leave before applying for ILR

In all of the above scenarios as long as the application which resulted in the original grant of leave as a spouse/partner was made before 9th July 2012, the 2 year probationary period, and (for partners of settled persons) the current accomodation and maintenance reqiurements, will continue to apply.

3. If you have made an application as a PBS dependent or spouse/partner etc of BC/settled person before 9th July 2012 and you are waiting for a decision your application will be considered under the current rules and if successful you will be granted leave under the current rules (pre 9th July 2012 rules). If your application is refused and you appeal, your appeal will be considered according to the current rules

4. If you made an application before 9th which has been refused and you appealed], your appeal will be considered according to the current rules

5. For PBS dependents who do not qualify for ILR at the same time as the main PBS migrant because you haven't completed your two year probationary period:

- If you will complete your two years within the validity of your PBS dependent leave, you no longer need to apply for FLR(M), instead you will be able to apply directly for ILR on form SET(O) once you have completed your two years
- If your leave will expire before you complete your two years, you will need to apply for further leave on form FLR(M) and then for ILR on form SET(M) once you complete your two years. You will not be subject to the new minimum income thresholds but will be subject to the current 'adequate accomodation and maintenance' requirements.

6. All applicants, regardless of of when they applied for their leave, will be subject to the new English language/Life in UK test requirements if they apply for ILR after October 2013 (

7. The changes to the income thresholds (i.e. the minimum income of £18,600 for a couple) only apply to applications for ILR as the spouse of a a settled person. They do not apply for PBS dependents applying for ILR as PBS dependents.

8. Anyone who is applying for leave to remain/a visa in one of the relevent categories on or after 9th July will be subject to the new rules, and probationary periods. This includes if you have previously made an application before 9th July under the old rules, which was refused, and any appeal was also dismissed.

The changes to the rules are set out in detail in the statement of intent and the statement of changes

These documents are detailed but they do include summaries and it would be helpful if you could read them and have a look around the board first before posting a question about the changes. As you can understand we have all had as much notice as you of these changes and experience members/moderators are also trying to get to grips with the new rules.

mat101
Newly Registered

Post by mat101 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:16 am

Hello admiring,

Under point "5" of your post, second clause, where the dependant leave expires before qualifying for ILR 2 year requirement, and they have to apply for FLR(M). Do you have any link to the rules or policy guidance that says this?

As per rule 319C and 319D, dependant of PBS system under the new rules should apply for extension as PBS Dependant. I cant find any date and words like old/new in these rules. Also, the PBS Dependant policy guidance refers to these rules.

Hello sushdmehta, Any expert advice from you, please?

Thanks
M@