ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long to get the UKBA Acknowledgement Letter?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

questionguy65
United Kingdom

How long to get the UKBA Acknowledgement Letter?

Post by questionguy65 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:03 am

I have a situation here, I am currently under a Tier 4 General Visa which expires 31/12/2012. I got an offer from my Uni to study my Master degree. The latest enrolment date is 12 Oct 2012.

I could not find any available appiontment for the In-Person Premium Service . So, if I apply for visa by post it is not going to be issued by 12 Oct 2012. Uni said an Acknowledgement Letter from UKBA would be enough for the enrolment. Just wondering How long does it take to get the Acknowledgement Letter from UKBA after sending my application?

Do you thing if I send it tomorrow, I will get the Acknowledgement Letter before 12 Oct 2012?

FYI: I am paying them by postal order so there would not be any waiting time for payment clearance.

Acknowledgement Letter from UKBA meaning a letter confirming UKBA has received my application. Is it possible to ask them to send me one ASAP with regard to my situation?

Molten Gold
Newly Registered

Post by Molten Gold » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:35 pm

You will receive the acknowledgement letter once the payment is deducted. So it'll take a max of 7-10 days.

You'll definitely get it before the 12th of October if you send your application this week.

katie.pham
Newly Registered

Re: How long to get the UKBA Acknowledgement Letter?

Post by katie.pham » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:23 pm

ciscosoft wrote:I have a situation here, I am currently under a Tier 4 General Visa which expires 31/12/2012. I got an offer from my Uni to study my Master degree. The latest enrolment date is 12 Oct 2012.

I could not find any available appiontment for the In-Person Premium Service . So, if I apply for visa by post it is not going to be issued by 12 Oct 2012. Uni said an Acknowledgement Letter from UKBA would be enough for the enrolment. Just wondering How long does it take to get the Acknowledgement Letter from UKBA after sending my application?

Do you thing if I send it tomorrow, I will get the Acknowledgement Letter before 12 Oct 2012?

FYI: I am paying them by postal order so there would not be any waiting time for payment clearance.

Acknowledgement Letter from UKBA meaning a letter confirming UKBA has received my application. Is it possible to ask them to send me one ASAP with regard to my situation?
Hi there,
I have the exact same situation. My visa expires on the 31/12/2012 and I sent out my application on the 13 September, already got my acknowledgement letter but still waiting for the biometric lettter. Have you got yours?

mat1055
Newly Registered

Post by mat1055 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Silly question - my girlfriend posted her T4 application last Tuesday by RMSD but the RM tracking system still says it's on its way. Is it because she posted it to the UKBA Tier 4 PO Box hence there is no one to sign the letter? She also enclosed a cheque payable to Home Office, will it take longer than postal order or debit card payment? Payment has not been deducted from her account.

Thanks