ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Polish family applying for citizenship.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ceecee
Newly Registered

Polish family applying for citizenship.

Post by ceecee » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for Irish citizenship along with my husband and daughter who is 14. I have a 2 year old son that was born in Ireland.

On the application form it asks for an GNIB number. As I am from Poland can I leave this box blank? Or must I get a number from the Gardaí?

Also how many witnesses do I need. I am confused, do I need 3 or just 1? Can I use my friend that is Irish or must it be a solicitor/professional.

Thanks for your help in advance.
CeeCee :D

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:25 am

Hi ceecee,

As u r from EU therefore you can leave the GNIB number blank. The witnesses should be a solicitor . u can go to any solicitor along with the original documents.

Good Luck

ceecee
Newly Registered

Post by ceecee » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm

zafarzafar80 wrote:Hi ceecee,

As u r from EU therefore you can leave the GNIB number blank. The witnesses should be a solicitor . u can go to any solicitor along with the original documents.

Good Luck
thank you :)

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:10 pm

if you are living in ireland over more than 5 years.yes you can apply for irish citizenship.but you need all the proof from last 5 years .because your already hold eu passport so you dont had to register with gnib.only non eu nationals have to register with gnib(garda national immigration bureau).so you hadnt gnib card.you can leave that box empty.your 2 years old kid can apply for straight away irish passport if you was living in ireland more than 3 years at the time of his/her birth and excerise eu teaty rights.you have to pay for 175 euro per person for making application.if your application is approved you have to pay 950 euro later on per person.good luck

ceecee
Newly Registered

Post by ceecee » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:44 pm

IQU wrote:if you are living in ireland over more than 5 years.yes you can apply for irish citizenship.but you need all the proof from last 5 years .because your already hold eu passport so you dont had to register with gnib.only non eu nationals have to register with gnib(garda national immigration bureau).so you hadnt gnib card.you can leave that box empty.your 2 years old kid can apply for straight away irish passport if you was living in ireland more than 3 years at the time of his/her birth and excerise eu teaty rights.you have to pay for 175 euro per person for making application.if your application is approved you have to pay 950 euro later on per person.good luck
what is the 950 euro per person for? thank you for reply

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:53 pm

that's the fee for the certificate of naturalisation when you are granted irish citizenship

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:54 pm

if your granted irish citizenship you have to pay 950 euro fee per person

ceecee
Newly Registered

Post by ceecee » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:39 pm

do i need three forms for my husband, me and my daughter. or do i have one form with my husband number one. do i need all forms from my jobs or is it just my husband??

what are the copies of your residency stamps in your passport??plus copies of your residency permissions stamps??what are these and where can i get them?

one form with our three names and pay 175 or do i need 3 forms. we have been here 7-8 years.

must i get letter from my employer and lots of documents like my husband??

thank you. please help.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:43 pm

As you are an EU citizen, you do not have any immigration stamps in your passport, and you do not need them.

You need 3 application forms and 3 fees of 175 euros.

Husband's application should have all his documents, including his employment, etc.
Your application should have all your documents, including your employment.
Your child's application should have all her documents enclosed.

ceecee
Newly Registered

Post by ceecee » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 pm

thank you all.

this is very hard process

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm

well, if you are polish, thus EU citizen, you do not need another EU passport, do you?

Irisheddy

Post by Irisheddy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Good Luck
You do not have to go to a solicitor. It can be any Irish citizen. At least they will not charge you for it

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Irisheddy wrote:

Good Luck
You do not have to go to a solicitor. It can be any Irish citizen. At least they will not charge you for it
Correcto.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.