ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very specific case for Dependent VISA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

N Sharma
Newly Registered

Very specific case for Dependent VISA

Post by N Sharma » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:29 pm

Please have a look my case and suggest me.

I stayed in UK from Dec 2010 to May 2012 as I was doing my master degree there. My VISA is valid till Nov 2012 but I left UK in May as I had completed my study.

My boy friend and me were staying in UK together and we have rent agreement in both of our name.

I got married to my bf in July in India and he is in UK and I would like to apply for dependent VISA.

My question is

Q1- Is there any chance that cased worker will think that I got married in order to go UK?

Actually I could have applied PSW but I did not apply because we planned to marry this year.

Is there any problem if I will mention these in my cover letter?

Q2- Can I give rent agreement as a proof that we were in relation?

Q3-My Tier -4 visa is valid till end of November but I am going to apply Tier 1 dependency visa in the 1st week of November. Is there any problem if I do so?

Thanks,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:56 pm

What if your spouse'd current immigration status?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

N Sharma
Newly Registered

Post by N Sharma » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

He is in Tier 1 general VISA.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Very specific case for Dependent VISA

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:14 pm

N Sharma wrote:Q1- Is there any chance that cased worker will think that I got married in order to go UK?
You cannot control what one may think. What you need to concentrate on is that you meet the specified requirements. If you do, you'll be granted entry clearance irrespective of what one may think.
N Sharma wrote:Actually I could have applied PSW but I did not apply because we planned to marry this year.

Is there any problem if I will mention these in my cover letter?
Why would you want to mention irrelevant information in your immigration application?
N Sharma wrote:Q3-My Tier -4 visa is valid till end of November but I am going to apply Tier 1 dependency visa in the 1st week of November. Is there any problem if I do so?
No.

See also Guidance - Tier 1 (General) Dependent application

You are not the first or only applicant changing from one immigration category to another subsequent to your marriage. So, don't worry!

N Sharma
Newly Registered

Post by N Sharma » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:42 pm

thanks every one for sharing information with me.

Thanks indeed

N Sharma
Newly Registered

Post by N Sharma » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Hi,
Thank you sushdmehta for your reply. I have one more concern. Would you guys please help me to clear it.

I am going to apply Tier 1 Dependency visa. I do not have marriage photo and invitation card as I merry only in court and that marriage certificate is apostille by Ministry of External Affairs but I was staying with my husband before marriage in UK and the rent agreement is in our name. That time I had student visa and he had Tier 1 visa. We went together UK and stayed together in hotel. I have Air ticket and hotel bill also. Could I provide these to UKBA?

Is there any problem if i will not provide marriage photo and invitation card etc?

Please help me

Regards
N sharma

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:10 am

If you have evidences of cohabitation with your (now) spouse while you both were staying together in the UK, feel free to provide those with the application, if you wish to.

N Sharma
Newly Registered

Got Tier 1 Dependency Visa

Post by N Sharma » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I applied my visa in 08/11/2012 in Delhi and got visa in 21/ 11/2012

Regards,
N sharma