ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Sucess - Set(O) ILR @ Solihull 8th October 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

PEO Sucess - Set(O) ILR @ Solihull 8th October 2012

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:10 pm

Alhamdolillah. My ILR has been granted by the grace of almightly Allah.

Appointment was at 9 a.m. Got there around 8ish.

Was let in 8:30 sharpish. Got my token number @ 8:39 and was called in by CW 9ish.

He quickly went through all the docs and literally took about 10 minutes to say everything looks in order and it is approved.

The only question asked were about 2 x SP50 Penalty Points which I mentioned, he asked, whether I had to go to court for those to which I said NO.

He asked for all photocopies. Then Payment and then Biometric.

Had to wait for 15 minutes after biometrics for them to let me know that payment went through fine and come and collect your docs in an hours time.

collected docs around 11ish.

Now MN1 for Kid and FLR(M) via post for the wife.

Thankyou all for contributing to this forum. Any questions, I will be glad to give my input.

jack902

Post by jack902 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Any significant absences? Did caseworker ask for specific docs one by one?

Congrats!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:58 pm

ozair, innocentdevil - Post queries in the relevant forum .. or use PM for 1:1 discussions.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:11 pm

sushdmehta wrote:ozair, innocentdevil - Post queries in the relevant forum .. or use PM for 1:1 discussions.
Sorry about that!

Congratulations innocentdevil!

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:26 am

Congratulations innocentdevil.

@shushdmehta which forum should we use to ask him any question?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:39 am

nmm, you can ask questions here I do not think there should be any problem.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 am

Hi Innocentdevil,

You have been an outstanding contibutor to this forum and I'm so happy that all your help, contributions assistance etc you've provided to everyone here has been rewarded my the Lord. Its great to see good people being rewarded for their kindness. Congratulations once again and dont abandon us because you've now gotten your ILR :D

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:41 pm

no mate I will be here to return back the help I got from here. Just ask if you require any info. ;)

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:29 pm

innocentdevil wrote:nmm, you can ask questions here I do not think there should be any problem.
Thanks innocentdevil, Its really nice to know that you have got your ILR!

I just want to clear some confusions:

1. How old was your bank statement? I am going on 18 Oct and I have my latest bank statement dated 4th Oct. Do I need to bring a latest online print before going to PEO?

2. You kept your 5 years P60's & payslips, did you need to show them to CW?

3. How you presented your case? Did you included any covering letter or checklist? Which docs you presented to CW and which you kept for backup?

4. I have still not received my dependent's passports from Pakistan embassy and I am afraid I might not receive it before my appointment. The last date the passports are valid is 16 Oct. Is it better to add a covering letter to explain this situation to CW? Or leave it on his discretion, he might not check or notice it? Do you think they check the expiry dates on dependent's passports?

Thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:12 pm

nmm wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:nmm, you can ask questions here I do not think there should be any problem.
Thanks innocentdevil, Its really nice to know that you have got your ILR!

I just want to clear some confusions:

1. How old was your bank statement? I am going on 18 Oct and I have my latest bank statement dated 4th Oct. Do I need to bring a latest online print before going to PEO?

I went to the bank on 29th September and got them to print me the statement and I used that. No problem.

2. You kept your 5 years P60's & payslips, did you need to show them to CW?

No, he did not ask for those.

3. How you presented your case? Did you included any covering letter or checklist? Which docs you presented to CW and which you kept for backup?

Nothing. I had no covering letter, just all docs in one file. I gave him whatever he asked for.

4. I have still not received my dependent's passports from Pakistan embassy and I am afraid I might not receive it before my appointment. The last date the passports are valid is 16 Oct. Is it better to add a covering letter to explain this situation to CW? Or leave it on his discretion, he might not check or notice it? Do you think they check the expiry dates on dependent's passports?

I do not think that should be a problem. He took my passports, checked the vignette pages, typed something on the computer from them and once he said ILR is approved, he gave them back to me while he kept the rest of the documents which I was given back later with the decision letter.

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:35 pm

nmm wrote:
4. I have still not received my dependent's passports from Pakistan embassy and I am afraid I might not receive it before my appointment. The last date the passports are valid is 16 Oct.
Who are the dependents?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:48 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
nmm wrote:
4. I have still not received my dependent's passports from Pakistan embassy and I am afraid I might not receive it before my appointment. The last date the passports are valid is 16 Oct.
Who are the dependents?
My wife and three children. Actually their current passport are expiring on 16 Oct. I already applied for their passport renewal 2 months ago, normally it takes 12 days to get the new passports but due to some problem the embassy is still not able to provide it.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:43 pm

which country ??

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:15 pm

innocentdevil wrote:which country ??
pakistan

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:19 pm

nmm wrote:
pakistan
which consulate you went to? MRP or Manual. I went to bradford where they do manual passport and it was ready within 2 weeks.

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:11 pm

innocentdevil wrote:
nmm wrote:
pakistan
which consulate you went to? MRP or Manual. I went to bradford where they do manual passport and it was ready within 2 weeks.
i went to london and applied for MRP, but actually it was 2 months ago. I never knew that it can take so long

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:15 pm

whats the reason they gave you for being that late?

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:38 pm

innocentdevil wrote:whats the reason they gave you for being that late?
They told me that its due to printing problem and late shipments but actually i read on news that they don't have enough passport machines in Pakistan, everyday 20000 to 25000 people apply for passport but they can issue only 5000. So they are behind their schedule

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:44 pm

you should have mentioned it earlier. its nearly thursday now. you need to chase them up big style ring them every day. you may get something out of them.

on another note, I have received my BRP today within 3 days.