ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 G Extension date if i apply 33 days before expiry date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immigrantx
Newly Registered

Tier1 G Extension date if i apply 33 days before expiry date

Post by immigrantx » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:49 am

Hi everyone

Please help me with the issue i am having

I got PEO appointment on Nov 12 2012. My Tier 1 General Visa is expiring on Dec 14 2012.

PEO appointment is exactly 33 days before the expiry date. I know that home office recommends to apply 28 days before of your visa expiry date.

I have read several posts in this forum but couldn't come to a conclusion. Some members even if they applied 2 months before the expiry date got their extension from expiry date but i saw a post today where the member got his extension from the applied date(Oct 5) rather than his expiry date(Dec 1).

My question is will i get extension starting from Dec 14 (Visa expiry date) or Nov 12 (PEO appointment date) considering i am applying 33 days before expiry date?. or it entirely depends up on case worker?

Please help me with this. As you know how hard to get a PEO appointment again.

click on the link to see the post where the applicant got extension from the date applied rather than expiry date http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#717611

Thanks very much.

sharmao
United Kingdom

Post by sharmao » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:55 am

Hi immigrantx,

It all depends on the case worker. I think the member you are referring to is me as I got my extension from 05/10 instead of 01/12 but for me it does not matter as I have a gap of more than 90 days in my initial entry and would need to go for a second extension.

Another friend of mine applied on 04/10 and got his Visa extended from 01/12 which was his expiry date for the initial Visa so it all depends on the case worker.

immigrantx
Newly Registered

Thanks sharmao

Post by immigrantx » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:01 am

Thanks Sharmao for quick response

yes i was referring to your post which i saw in the morning.

Sorry but few more questions

did the case worker warn you saying that he/she extending from the applied date instead of expiry date?.

what would you suggest me. to apply on Nov 12 or to book another appointment.

Thanks

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:12 pm

This sticky should answer all your questions.

If you apply early, they give you from TODAY.

As your first entry was late (like mine :wink: ), you will have to take another extension (like me :wink:)

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=68561