ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted Cos

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Post by ska.omer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:23 am

WaitingontheUKBA wrote:Ross123 quite a few people on this forum are facing major delays in their COS approval. My company applied back in Mid may and the UKBA has not even started processing it yet.
Hi WaitingontheUKBA,
Did your company apply for COS on May or they applied for sponsorship license? Please confirm. Also if you lets us know how you got the information that ukba hasnt yet started processing for your cos application?

It is quite alarming if the application from May is still pending which means we(who applied in june or july) will not get our cos this year.

Thanks.

sha23

answer

Post by sha23 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:28 am

ska.omer wrote:
WaitingontheUKBA wrote:Ross123 quite a few people on this forum are facing major delays in their COS approval. My company applied back in Mid may and the UKBA has not even started processing it yet.
Hi WaitingontheUKBA,
Did your company apply for COS on May or they applied for sponsorship license? Please confirm. Also if you lets us know how you got the information that ukba hasnt yet started processing for your cos application?

It is quite alarming if the application from May is still pending which means we(who applied in june or july) will not get our cos this year.

Thanks.
even i got alarmed when i read what i read like u, but when i read his earlier posts i could make sense. his company has applied for tier-2 sponsor license, in ICT category. this hence comes with a default cos which can be assigned....

I am sure the person addressed would come and respond, but just wanted to calm your nerves...as i can emphatise..

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Sorry for not being more clear. My company applied for a sponsorship license under ICT Category. My company's HR tries to follow up with the UKBA and still gets the same run around on how there is a back long and they can't provide any updates for applications that were recieved after April.

santoshimaa
Newly Registered

David/Ech can you please help me?

Post by santoshimaa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:30 pm

My visa is due to expire on the 9th of December this year and my employer has requested for an unrestricted COS in the forst week of July. As you know, UKBA are processing allocation requests made in March. I am 5 months pregnant and will not be able to air-travel after 1st week of November. This is causing stress to me. I've asked my employer to chase on the COS allocation and I've sent a letter from my mid-wife. The Customer Service Agent has replied to my employer with the below.

" Thank you for your enquiry,
Your information has been passed to the appropriate team for consideration.
Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.
I do hope this helps."

1) Do you think UKBA will my case as a very urgent one?

2) If not, what else should my employer do to expedite it?

santoshimaa
Newly Registered

Post by santoshimaa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi david1955 and ech please help me with the above question. Thank you very much in advance...

Ross123
Newly Registered

Post by Ross123 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi everyone!

My organization has applied for a license in almost end of May and we haven't heard from the UKBA. My visa will expire soon (3 weeks) and I am quite anxious with timing.

I would like to ask if any of you submitted their Visa application without COS number? And if anyone did has he/she got any reply from the UKBA caseworker?

many thanks!

Ross123
Newly Registered

Post by Ross123 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi everyone. I have an idea which I would like to share with you and find out your opinion.

I am on the same "boat" as many of you. My organization has applied in May for a license for under "unrestricted migrant category" and we haven't gotten a reply back yet. Coming week we are planning to ask for a special procedure to speed up the process but my visa expiration is soon, in 2-3 weeks, and I am seriously worried to submit my visa application on time with COS number.

Given the fact that the UKBA is taking for ages to issue the license I also expect that it will take some good time to get the COS number and I am not sure if in 2 weeks you can get the license for your organization and at the same time to get your COS (if you ask for a special procedure). If you get COS number on time then you are lucky, if not then you have to leave the UK before your current visa will expire. Which of course will be a huge disappointment for you because to apply for a work permit visa outside of the UK will be almost impossible.

So my idea is next, for example if I do not receive my license or lets say my COS number 1 day before my visa will expire, I will nevertheless submit my visa application to the UKBA with one letter from my organization explaining that we are currently waiting for a license and one letter from myself also explaining the situation and will ask the case worker to freeze my application.

Yes, there is a high chance that your visa application will be rejected (maybe the case worker will indeed freeze your application) but even if you are rejected you will be given a time to appeal, your visa application fee money will be reimbursed and on the top you will be given some time 2-3 weeks to leave the UK if you decide so, even if your visa is expired. But at the same time everything is in accordance with the law and regulations.

You know that it take some good time for UKBA case worked to decide on ur visa application case, so I am sure by that time your organization will get the license and a COS number for you! And if your initial visa application will be rejected (most probably on the basis of incomplete application) then in your visa appeal you will submit your full visa application with COS number and BINGO!

opinions????

Asim3210
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Sponsor License Application

Post by Asim3210 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are well. My company did apply for Tier 2 Sponsor application on 17.04.2012 and we are still waiting for the license. I did call them few times and email them and they informed us that we are working on the applications for the first week of April. It is nearly 6 months now. is it a normal time limit? my visa is expiring at the end of November 2012, should i ask them for urgent treatment ?

I have also few other questions:

I am on post study work permit currently. When my company will get license, will they have to apply seperately for Unrestricted Certificate of Sponsorship (COS)? how long this will take?

Thanks

Asim

UKkumar
BANNED

hi

Post by UKkumar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Time line is normal my compnay also applied on 23/04/12 and still no answer.

when you applied new lice you have to mention that how many restrcted or unrestricted CSO you will need and explanation for that.

cheers
ukkumar

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: Tier 2 Sponsor License Application

Post by hashmil » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Asim3210 wrote:Hi everyone, hope you are well. My company did apply for Tier 2 Sponsor application on 17.04.2012 and we are still waiting for the license. I did call them few times and email them and they informed us that we are working on the applications for the first week of April. It is nearly 6 months now. is it a normal time limit? my visa is expiring at the end of November 2012, should i ask them for urgent treatment ?

I have also few other questions:

I am on post study work permit currently. When my company will get license, will they have to apply seperately for Unrestricted Certificate of Sponsorship (COS)? how long this will take?

Thanks

Asim
you shouldn't worry. Currently they are on April 2nd. And you have a couple of months. even if you get yours a day before your expiry still you can send your application via post. As long as they have your passport you can still remain in the country and work as well.

good luck!

sha23

updates if any?

Post by sha23 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:55 am

Hi All,

Any updates on Unrestricted Cos from UKBA to Anyone?

Did anyone check with them on by when will they clear the requests of unrestricted cos if a sponsor already has an A rated license?

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Re: updates if any?

Post by ska.omer » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:54 pm

sha23 wrote:Hi All,

Did anyone check with them on by when will they clear the requests of unrestricted cos if a sponsor already has an A rated license?
My employer emailed them on 28th sept and ukba replied yesterday saying the following:

"Thank you for your enquiry,
There are no service standards for these requests. I am unable to advise when any particular request will be completed.

The progress of this request can be viewed through the Sponsorship Management System. To do this, go to the ‘View and edit sponsor profile’ section, then ‘request renewal of annual allocation’ (for renewal requests) or ‘view recent and outstanding requests’ (for increase requests). If there is an urgent need for it to be processed that is listed below please let us know as these are the only circumstances that we will consider dealing with your request as a priority:
• A migrant currently employed by the prospective sponsor or switching to the prospective sponsor, who has valid leave expiring in 10 working days (or has an urgent need to change their leave status within 10 working days). Ideally provide evidence of expiry of leave in your e mail. For example a scanned copy of the relevant vignette / Biometric Residence Permit.
• Applications more than 4 weeks old which have a Resident Labour Market Test expiring in the next 6 weeks.
• Applications more than 4 weeks old where there is an urgent business need for a licence within the next 10 working days, for which justification must be provided. Such requests will be considered on a case by case basis.

If you have proof that any of those criteria apply to your situation please attach it onto an email and send it back here. I can then forward it on to the right team for consideration."

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Post by ska.omer » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi sha23,
Did your employer try to contact them? What kind of response you received?

sha23

Post by sha23 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:33 pm

ska.omer wrote:Hi sha23,
Did your employer try to contact them? What kind of response you received?
my employer has no updates as of yet.

logix88
Newly Registered

Post by logix88 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:16 pm

ska.omer wrote:

My employer emailed them on 28th sept and ukba replied yesterday saying the following:

"Thank you for your enquiry,
There are no service standards for these requests. I am unable to advise when any particular request will be completed.

The progress of this request can be viewed through the Sponsorship Management System. To do this, go to the ‘View and edit sponsor profile’ section, then ‘request renewal of annual allocation’ (for renewal requests) or ‘view recent and outstanding requests’ (for increase requests). If there is an urgent need for it to be processed that is listed below please let us know as these are the only circumstances that we will consider dealing with your request as a priority:
• A migrant currently employed by the prospective sponsor or switching to the prospective sponsor, who has valid leave expiring in 10 working days (or has an urgent need to change their leave status within 10 working days). Ideally provide evidence of expiry of leave in your e mail. For example a scanned copy of the relevant vignette / Biometric Residence Permit.
• Applications more than 4 weeks old which have a Resident Labour Market Test expiring in the next 6 weeks.
• Applications more than 4 weeks old where there is an urgent business need for a licence within the next 10 working days, for which justification must be provided. Such requests will be considered on a case by case basis.

If you have proof that any of those criteria apply to your situation please attach it onto an email and send it back here. I can then forward it on to the right team for consideration."
This is exactly what my employer received as a response and 10 days is not giving you much room to work with and I am not a fan of taking things down to the last minute but we made a mistake in the first CoS and to be fair, shouldn't have done that and it would be sorted by now. Damn my luck!

sha23

Post by sha23 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 am

Hi All,

The SMS System for my employer shows "requested" for unrestricted cos.

@Mods/Gurus on the Forums, its been 10 weeks since this request, any idea of hiring any solicitor/Agent to help solve this would help? UKBA seems to be making us wait for eternity for this. How long should an individual wait for such small requests? please suggest.

@logix88, ska.omer:- can u please post what is it appearing as in ur sponsor's SMS system.

Regards

Ross123
Newly Registered

Post by Ross123 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:45 pm

The SMS System for my employer shows "requested" for unrestricted cos.

@Mods/Gurus on the Forums, its been 10 weeks since this request, any idea of hiring any solicitor/Agent to help solve this would help? UKBA seems to be making us wait for eternity for this. How long should an individual wait for such small requests? please suggest.

@logix88, ska.omer:- can u please post what is it appearing as in ur sponsor's SMS system.

Regards

Hey did you get your SMS account and password after getting the license or did you get it from the moment you applied to the license?

sha23

Post by sha23 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:14 am

Hey did you get your SMS account and password after getting the license or did you get it from the moment you applied to the license?[/quote]

@Ross123;- Once your employer is granted Tier-2 sponsorship, they send across ;login username and password. So in my case my employer has applied for additonal allocaiton since they made a mistake in first unrestricted cos they got from ukba in JUne mid.

SO if u have applied for sponsorship, keep checking the sponsor register for ur company. its updated daily.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi guys,

I also used their sponsor progress inquiry email and it suggests applications can be prioritized on the basis of the fact that the RLMT is expiring within six weeks which is very much the case with me.

Does anyone know how can one send an priority case to them? Is it the same email address (i.e. sponsorprogress@.....)?

santoshimaa
Newly Registered

Ukkumar

Post by santoshimaa » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi Ukkumar,

Have UKBA replied to your employer after requesting for a high priority application? Any updates from your side?

sha23

Re: Ukkumar

Post by sha23 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 am

santoshimaa wrote:Hi Ukkumar,

Have UKBA replied to your employer after requesting for a high priority application? Any updates from your side?
hi santoshimaa,

did u get ur cos? i have read ur case on the forum online. u had asked for urgent treatment a while back citing ur condition right?

please update

santoshimaa
Newly Registered

Post by santoshimaa » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:39 am

Hi

sha23

any news??

Post by sha23 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:47 am

@santoshimaa:- ur answer is not clear, could u please edit ur earlier post and give the update if any

@ska.omer, logix88, is there any update from u guys on the unrestricted cos? none from my side yet.

regards

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Re: any news??

Post by ska.omer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:35 pm

sha23 wrote:@santoshimaa:- ur answer is not clear, could u please edit ur earlier post and give the update if any

@ska.omer, logix88, is there any update from u guys on the unrestricted cos? none from my side yet.

regards
Hi,
Nothing from my side as well. I am now extremely frustrated. It has been exactly 16 weeks today.

sha23

Re: any news??

Post by sha23 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:57 pm

ska.omer wrote:
sha23 wrote:@santoshimaa:- ur answer is not clear, could u please edit ur earlier post and give the update if any

regards
Hi,
Nothing from my side as well. I am now extremely frustrated. It has been exactly 16 weeks today.
@ska.omer:- can u pls find out from ur employer, what status is it showing online in the sms system. in my case as i said its showing "requested"

mods/gurus advice please...on ppl waiting for unrestricted cos...when will ukba ever take it up? it seems we need some miracle now. they are now focussed only on licenses at the moment i think , where too performance is slow.