ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 180+ days rule - continuous residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mingon
Newly Registered

ILR - 180+ days rule - continuous residence

Post by mingon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:56 am

[reposting after asking in an old thread]
I have been absent from the UK for ~250 days (excluding 2 short business trips), the longest are some 2-week paid holidays and a lot of them are weekends away (leave the UK on Friday night, come back Monday morning).
Would much appreciate if fellow forum members could advise:
+) do weekends count as "paid leaves"

+) I first entered the UK on 05 Aug 07, on section 6, Immigration History in SET (O) form, q6.2, should I list all days off from 05-aug-07 or 10-oct-07 (5 years counted back from today), only saves 6 days though. The question states "since [the date you first entered the UK - q6.1] have you had any absences from the UK ? If yes, give details etc.".

+) don't think I can ask for a letter from our HR dept to confirm those "weekends" (or even holidays as I simply asked my manager verbally for his permission, nothing recorded), any advice in this case ?
Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:00 am

First, have you excluded departure arrival days from your total count? Only full days away are absences.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

mingon
Newly Registered

Post by mingon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:17 am

I have excluded departure/arrival dates from the total count

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:36 am

Yes, weekends, or any day away from UK counts as a day away.

Also read http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

It is going to be very difficult to convince that your 'weekends' away deserve discretion.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

mcove
Newly Registered

Post by mcove » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:02 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Yes, weekends, or any day away from UK counts as a day away.
It is going to be very difficult to convince that your 'weekends' away deserve discretion.
I wonder why.
The guidance says "short absences may be disregarded provided the applicant has clearly continued to be based in the UK". Most people sandwich their holidays between weekends to have some extra time when they are going on holidays abroad and employers have no problem with it as long as they are back to work in time.
My opinionis that if he can prove he did not take any unpaid leave he should be alright.