ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon on 10 Oct 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vik30

ILR Success at Croydon on 10 Oct 2012

Post by vik30 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:33 pm

WP (2 and 1/2 years) + Tier 1 General

Have worked with three employers in last 5 years.

One Dependent

Appointment was for 8:15

We got there at 7:30, entered into the building at 7:30 (doors open at this time)
We were out of the building at 10:20.

Case worker asked for all the original & photocopies in one go. She spent nearly 1 hr on the docs and finally handed us the confirmation of ILR letter.

Lessons from yesterday -

1. Make sure your photos shows the latest of you. We dont realise it but our looks do change over the time
2. Carry the photocopies for all the docs
3. Get there as early (within a genuine time span) as you can. The final call from the caseworker depends on your position in the queue for Biometric call (which further depends upon your token number that you get when you enter) and NOT on your actual appointment time.

As everyone else here, i have been through numerous posts while preparing my application. I will be glad to assist my fellow applicants with any queries that i may have the answer to.

Many Thanks to all the participants and organisers of this Forum.

p2kin

Re: ILR Success at Croydon on 10 Oct 2012

Post by p2kin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:55 pm

vik30 wrote: I will be glad to assist my fellow applicants with any queries that i may have the answer to.
Congrats to you...
How did you pay? if by card.. which bank issued it? any problem/experience with transaction?

vik30

Post by vik30 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:27 pm

thx

paid by card, its my wife's bank account with barclays..no problems with the transactions.

However, if you don't do larger (atleast >£1000) very often from you account then i would suggest to inform you bank about this transaction prior to your visit to UKBA office.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Congrats vik30. what documents were U submitted. Did U face any question about P60.
thanks

vik30

Post by vik30 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:18 am

docs submitted were -

1. passport and biometric cards
2. last 12 months payslips & Bank statements for Earnings Proof
3. life in Uk test certificates
4. Homeoffice letters from the past (WP approval , Tier 1 Approval, Tier 1
Extension approval)
5. Master's Degree Certificate
6. Old Payslips , P45s , P60s
7. Miscellaneous Docs for Cohab proof

I had two P45s from my previous employers and i had three years (out of last 5) P60s. For the two missing years, i had a Inland revenue letter confirming the tax & pay for those two years. You know the standard letter that Tax office sends you on request.

No questions asked at all.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks vik30

pal2786
Newly Registered

Post by pal2786 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:59 pm

vik30 wrote:thx

paid by card, its my wife's bank account with barclays..no problems with the transactions.

However, if you don't do larger (atleast >£1000) very often from you account then i would suggest to inform you bank about this transaction prior to your visit to UKBA office.
Was your wife a co-applicant? Was she with you? I'm asking this because my Bank-card is blocked and don't know how to make the payment.Can i use other person's card detail?
My wife is NOT applying with me.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:15 pm

pal2786 wrote:Was your wife a co-applicant? Was she with you?
vik30 wrote:One Dependent ... We got there at 7:30
So, based on what is posted by OP, the answer to both your questions, IMHO, appears to be yes. I am sure OP will correct me if I have misunderstood.

pal2786 wrote:I'm asking this because my Bank-card is blocked and don't know how to make the payment.Can i use other person's card detail?
Using someone else's card at a POS machine when the cardholder is not physically present is fraud. Using card details of another person when sending payment instructions on paper without written authorization of the cardholder and his signatures on the payment page (if the instructions so specify) is fraud. So, tread with caution.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pal2786
Newly Registered

Post by pal2786 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:38 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
pal2786 wrote:Was your wife a co-applicant? Was she with you?
vik30 wrote:One Dependent ... We got there at 7:30
So, based on what is posted by OP, the answer to both your questions, IMHO, appears to be yes. I am sure OP will correct me if I have misunderstood.

pal2786 wrote:I'm asking this because my Bank-card is blocked and don't know how to make the payment.Can i use other person's card detail?
Using someone else's card at a POS machine when the cardholder is not physically present is fraud. Using card details of another person when sending payment instructions on paper without written authorization of the cardholder and his signatures on the payment page (if the instructions so specify) is fraud. So, tread with caution.
got it..thanks for clarification..

nmm

Re: ILR Success at Croydon on 10 Oct 2012

Post by nmm » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:20 pm

vik30 wrote:
2. Carry the photocopies for all the docs
Hi vik30,

Do we need to photocopy all bankstatements and cohab docs? I have around 80-90 pages of bank statements and around same is my cohab docs.

vik30

Post by vik30 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:25 am

@pal2786
yes, we (i and my wife) applied together.
Sushdmehta is correct here, i am pretty sure the payment card must belong to one of the applicants.

i would advise you to wait for your card if you are applying on your own. Other option could be that your wife goes to PEO with you on your day of application and she makes the payment for you. I am not sure if its possible, perhaps seniors can advise here !

@nmm ... i had similar number of docs and i had all the photocopies with me. Again its not required, case workers can make the photocopies for the docs they need to but that will lead to longer processing time and you have to sit there for longer period which i am sure no applicant wants to do :)

if you can, take all the copies with you.

In my case, the caseworker didnt even sort / look at the photocopies properly. she just kept the whole bunch of copies.