ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Sponsored Visa Question. (Urgent)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dillingerband
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Sponsored Visa Question. (Urgent)

Post by dillingerband » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:57 pm

I am an American applying for a Tier 2 sponsored visa, and I will be bringing my wife. From what I can tell from the UKBA, it is best if we apply together. However, I applied online through visa4uk and indicated that my spouse would be travelling with me, but it never prompted for her to fill anything out or for me to include documents regarding her.

Does she just need to fill out a completely separate online application, or should we just print and fill out the VAF10 form and include it in my mailed in documents for my application?

Thanks in advance for any help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Sponsored Visa Dependent Question. (Urgent)

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:53 pm

dillingerband wrote:Does she just need to fill out a completely separate online application,
Yes, if only online applications are accepted in the country you are applying from.
dillingerband wrote:or should we just print and fill out the VAF10 form and include it in my mailed in documents for my application?
Only if paper applications are accepted in the country you are applying from.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dillingerband
Newly Registered

Post by dillingerband » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:27 pm

The UKBA site says that the main applicant is required to apply online, but that the dependant can do either. My issue comes in with trying to figure out what "applying at the same time" means. Does that mean we fill out separate online applications but mail it all in together, or am I missing something where we can actually file a joint online application.

I want to ensure that we're applying together so I can use my maintenance of funds paperwork to cover us both, but I'm not sure how to do that. I thought that when I filled my application out online it would prompt me to complete hers as well and submit them together, but it didn't.

Sorry if that sounds confusing. Trust me, I'm confused too.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:54 pm

The completed VAF9 and VAF10 forms will cross refer to each other. The easiest way is probably for you to apply online and for your wife to apply using the paper form and then to post all paperwork together in one envelope.

dillingerband
Newly Registered

Post by dillingerband » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 pm

manci wrote:The completed VAF9 and VAF10 forms will cross refer to each other. The easiest way is probably for you to apply online and for your wife to apply using the paper form and then to post all paperwork together in one envelope.
If I do it that way, how do I pay for her application? Is there a payment form associated with the VAF10 that I'm missing? I feel like I've looked at so many pages on the UKBA site, they're all starting to look the same.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:09 pm

send a cheque (or check, if you are in the US)?

dillingerband
Newly Registered

Post by dillingerband » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:39 pm

One more (hopefully) final question. Do I send in a printed copy of my CoS along with my Appendix 5, or is just the reference number (along with my other supporting documentation, of course) sufficient?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:31 pm

Isn't CoS nothing but a reference number?
A certificate of sponsorship is not an actual certificate or paper document, but is a unique reference number, which holds information about the job and your personal details.
When you mention that number on the form / appendix (as the case may be), there is nothing more to be done.

dillingerband
Newly Registered

Post by dillingerband » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:07 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Isn't CoS nothing but a reference number?
A certificate of sponsorship is not an actual certificate or paper document, but is a unique reference number, which holds information about the job and your personal details.
When you mention that number on the form / appendix (as the case may be), there is nothing more to be done.
Thank you for the quick reply, and my apologies for creating too many separate threads earlier for my questions. I will keep any further inquiries regarding my application in this thread in the future.

dillingerband
Newly Registered

Post by dillingerband » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Anyone have any idea how long it normally takes for the British Consulate in New York to e-mail confirmation they have received my application and supporting documents in the mail? I sent it certified mail and someone signed for it, but I haven't been contacted by the consualte yet.

dillingerband
Newly Registered

Post by dillingerband » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:47 pm

I received my Visa in the mail today (thanks for the help so far), and noticed something that I'm afraid will be a problem for my wife's spouse application. In the section that said ""Dependant name" it just says "0". Now, I understand that she hasn't received a Visa yet, but will this need to be changed once she has applied? Did I mess up by not doing both of our applications at the same time? When I applied, I was told that I could apply at the same time as my wife or that I could go ahead and do mine then hers. I chose to apply for mine, so I could hurry things along then deal with her application. I did, however, indicate that she would be travelling with me in my application. Any advice?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:33 am

No, it is as it should be.

I am given to understand that that figure is for dependants (usually infants) who are included in an adult passport (some countries do not issue or did not issue passports to infants and they are/were included in parents passports until they reached a specified age). For such dependants, the figure would have denoted the number of dependants issued leave on the same (adult's) passport.

dillingerband
Newly Registered

Post by dillingerband » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:22 pm

sushdmehta wrote:No, it is as it should be.

I am given to understand that that figure is for dependants (usually infants) who are included in an adult passport (some countries do not issue or did not issue passports to infants and they are/were included in parents passports until they reached a specified age). For such dependants, the figure would have denoted the number of dependants issued leave on the same (adult's) passport.
Thank you very much for the quick response! That makes me feel a lot better. Hopefully things will go smoothly with this part of the Visa process as well. Wish me luck.