ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ako
Newly Registered

Post by ako » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Phdswati, 2222 and waitwaitwait - I'm another February applicant still waiting

Date applied/docs sent: 20/02/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 21/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 22/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 21/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 30/03/2012
Date passport/docs received from HO: Waiting
Biometrics card received: Waiting

ken2mj
Newly Registered

Post by ken2mj » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Just an update, after a chance encounter with a local MP last week we asked him to look into our case for us.

His office got back to us today with some information, they had contacted the UKBA on Monday but they had no updates. However, the UKBA called my MP's office this morning to let them know our file is now with a caseworker.

So perhaps it's been nudged along ever so slightly...

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:48 pm

Phdswati, 2222, waitwaitwait and ako - another February applicant here!

My timeline :

Date applied/docs sent: 16/02/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 20/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 23/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 22/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 03/04/2012
Date passport/docs received from HO: Waiting
Biometrics card received: Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Fiancee

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:29 pm

slamminsamuns wrote:Hi all,

My girlfriend and I have been following this forum for a while.

She is Australian and was in the UK on a youth mobility visa (expiring in July 2012). She submitted the spousal visa application in May and we were slightly worried about getting the documents back, as we planned to go travelling in November to Russia.

We were advised that one way to hurry up simple applications was to ask for the passports to be returned for ID purposes only. Apparently the UKBA have to return your docs if you need them for identification. We made sure they understood that the application was not being withdrawn and they were fine with returning both passports.

8 days later the passports arrived, along with notification that the residency permit would be delivered. 4 days later this arrived.

Might not work for everyone, but is certainly worth a try.
Congrates ! When did you submit your application btw?

Meche83
Newly Registered

Re: still waiting

Post by Meche83 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 am

I myself have completed 8 months on 9th of October, just wanna let the Jan, Feb, applicant that you all are not alone, a friend of mine who applied on 6th of Feb received her approver on 1st of October, she was giving two years. I have contacted my Mp Representative but their don’t wanna know. Called ukba on 1st of October to request my passport for ID Purpose and I was inform that I will receive it between 20 working days, Ukba is really playing with peoples life, I have been emotional broken for 8th months because of this. Ukba think that Immigrants are product of an Animal, God sees what we are all going through because of ukba, this is totally indirect discrimination but I pray to God Almighty to repay which an every one of them for their dishonesty. I will recommend this song to any one which is experiencing hard ship at this time of tribulation from ukba. This song has really keep me going, Song title ( I FELL I AM GOING ON), play through u-tube

Date Docs sent: 09/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 13/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 15/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 20/03/12
Date BRP received: waiting
Date Docs received: waiting
Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4

waitwaitwait

Re: still waiting

Post by waitwaitwait » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:19 am

Meche83 wrote:I myself have completed 8 months on 9th of October, just wanna let the Jan, Feb, applicant that you all are not alone, a friend of mine who applied on 6th of Feb received her approver on 1st of October, she was giving two years. I have contacted my Mp Representative but their don’t wanna know. Called ukba on 1st of October to request my passport for ID Purpose and I was inform that I will receive it between 20 working days, Ukba is really playing with peoples life, I have been emotional broken for 8th months because of this. Ukba think that Immigrants are product of an Animal, God sees what we are all going through because of ukba, this is totally indirect discrimination but I pray to God Almighty to repay which an every one of them for their dishonesty. I will recommend this song to any one which is experiencing hard ship at this time of tribulation from ukba. This song has really keep me going, Song title ( I FELL I AM GOING ON), play through u-tube

Date Docs sent: 09/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 13/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 15/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 20/03/12
From - Tier 4
Your dates are so similar to mine, almost identical.
I agree with you its taking so long. It is ridiculous that being newly married couple you cant go holiday or abroad or travel as we dont have our passports. They have our passports and all documents for more than 8 months whoxh us almost 3/4 of a year. Our 1st wedding anniv will be soon and i guess we wont be able to go abroad to celebrate. It a shame that if there is an emergency in the family back home, even then we cant go there cuz ukba hasnt been able to decide our app for 8 months. It has caused lots of stress in our life and i can feel everyone's pain, who is waitig cuz we are goin thru this as well.
I do hope everyone of us gets it soon.
Good luck all

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12

From - Tier 4

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:35 am

Well, my friend's application has already arrived and she just applied on July..while I'm still waiting ongoing 7 months already!!!! :evil:

aditipritam

Post by aditipritam » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:11 pm

whitequeen wrote:... and she just applied on July..
lol.. July was 3 months ago.. too long

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:58 pm

aditipritam wrote:
lol.. July was 3 months ago.. too long
we have members here waiting since February..guess it's not that long for you :roll:

GettingOldWaiting...
Newly Registered

finally!

Post by GettingOldWaiting... » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Finally… I have great news. My long awaited 8 month wait is OVER!
To all applicants who have been waiting since the beginning of this year. Don’t despair, your time will come. Below is my complete and final timeline.

Date Applied/Docs Sent: 09/02/2012
Ack. Letter Received: 17/02/2012 (Dated 13/02/2012)
Biometrics Letter Arrived: 16/03/2012
Date Biometrics Submitted: - Liverpool PEO 27/03/2012
Contacted MP: 17/09/2012
Letter from MP: 01/10/2012
Received BRP: 11/10/2012
Passport/Docs Received from HO: 11/10/2012

I don’t know if it was thanks to my MP or just my turn had finally come and the dust was wiped off my application, either way I thank my MP and certainly not UKBA for their speedy response!

I am puzzled though as to why they had printed my maiden name on my BRP card???
I’m thinking of emailing them to have this changed. has anyone else had this problem?
:D

jbm

Biometric invitation

Post by jbm » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi,
me and my wife is bit worried now as we applied on 15 August 2012 and still no biometric invitation letter. anybody in same situation plz share what should we do or its normal? as i now ur actual timeline for application start from date you enroll ur biometric (i think)

thanks

Dsin

Re: Biometric invitation

Post by Dsin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:27 pm

jbm wrote:Hi,
me and my wife is bit worried now as we applied on 15 August 2012 and still no biometric invitation letter. anybody in same situation plz share what should we do or its normal? as i now ur actual timeline for application start from date you enroll ur biometric (i think)

thanks
Hi jbm,

We applied back in June and it took 9 weeks for our biometrics letter to arrive. Others that applied around the same time waited about 9 weeks too I think. Check back through the last few pages on here - I think someone said you could call up and request a biometrics letter if you have waited a couple of months....

jbm

Post by jbm » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Dsin wrote:
me and my wife is bit worried
I think someone said you could call up and request a biometrics letter if you have waited a couple of months....
thanks Dsin for quick reply yes i am planing to call them on monday. see what happen.

Dsin

Post by Dsin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:30 pm

jbm wrote:
Dsin wrote:
me and my wife is bit worried
I think someone said you could call up and request a biometrics letter if you have waited a couple of months....
thanks Dsin for quick reply yes i am planing to call them on monday. see what happen.
Good luck with the call - let us know how you get on :D

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

Post by TnT-FreaK » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:33 am

whitequeen wrote:Well, my friend's application has already arrived and she just applied on July..while I'm still waiting ongoing 7 months already!!!! :evil:
Not that I want to be too intrusive with your friend's application, but would you mind sharing what date did she get her biometrics done...?

The reason I ask this question is that I am trying to estimate the turn-around time for this second queue. Clearly it seems there are 2 queues here, one which is the Feb / March applicants and its taking UKBA around 7 to 8 months to get through those applications and the other one where there seem to be quite a few examples of applicants receiving a response in roughly 45 to 60 days after they enrolled in their biometrics ...

It is a guessing game, but one would imagine that there would be some system at UKBA to go through applications rather than a lottery wonderball selection....

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:33 pm

TnT-FreaK wrote:
Not that I want to be too intrusive with your friend's application, but would you mind sharing what date did she get her biometrics done...?

The reason I ask this question is that I am trying to estimate the turn-around time for this second queue. Clearly it seems there are 2 queues here, one which is the Feb / March applicants and its taking UKBA around 7 to 8 months to get through those applications and the other one where there seem to be quite a few examples of applicants receiving a response in roughly 45 to 60 days after they enrolled in their biometrics ...

It is a guessing game, but one would imagine that there would be some system at UKBA to go through applications rather than a lottery wonderball selection....
I'm not really sure of the exact date but she applied July and got her biometrics letter around mid August. By the way, she applied for ILR and not FLR(M) though. I'm guessing ILRs are being processed faster compared to FLR(M)s, maybe there are more case workers for ILR? or maybe they are putting on hold most of the FLR(M) applications? I'm not sure. I can only guess. I know someone who applied FLR(M) on May and she got it on July. And some applied for ILR on June & July and got their visas in September.

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

Post by TnT-FreaK » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:50 pm

whitequeen wrote:
I'm not really sure of the exact date but she applied July and got her biometrics letter around mid August. By the way, she applied for ILR and not FLR(M) though. I'm guessing ILRs are being processed faster compared to FLR(M)s, maybe there are more case workers for ILR? or maybe they are putting on hold most of the FLR(M) applications? I'm not sure. I can only guess. I know someone who applied FLR(M) on May and she got it on July. And some applied for ILR on June & July and got their visas in September.
Oh yes, if it was ILR then it would have a different processing time. Why that is, I have no idea. I assume its probably because them have a dedicated number of staff for a particular type of application and as the government is generally on a cutting spree, it means the increased number of applications are still addressed by the same staff. I think currently, FLR M would be probably the longest queue...

Best of luck with your application...

kingishaussie
Newly Registered

Post by kingishaussie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:22 am

I am a February applicant here!

I have been following this forum for a while.

My timeline :

Date applied/docs sent: 22/02/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 23/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 27/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 22/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 27/03/2012
Date passport/docs received from HO: 12/10/2012
Biometrics card received: 12/10/2012
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Tier 1 [General]

We were just getting ready to see the member of parliament for this case and received the good news!!

We requested return of passport for the sponsor on 08/10/2012.

Thank you all for providing valuable information via post and good luck to everyone who is waiting.

ako
Newly Registered

Post by ako » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Congrats kingishaussie!

A story of contrasting fortunes... we requested my wife's passport back for business travelling purposes also on 08/10/2012 and received only her passport back today. I seriously don't get it... it's absolute rubbish that they process in application date order as quite clearly they do not.

Official compliant on route to UKBA

bustednotch

Post by bustednotch » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Congrats to all that have received their visas - great news!

Did you get word through the post or by email?

Phdswati
Newly Registered

Post by Phdswati » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:51 pm

I m another feb applicant and today I received a letter from UKBA asking for my original last degree and my partners passport. Seems like they have started working on feb application now.

jessica11jessica
Newly Registered

Post by jessica11jessica » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Dsin wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:Dsin - I agree. At the time of my application I chose the FLR(M) application document that was available online.

When I say Online application - it is an electronic form that you can fill in like an active /editable PDF document. After the document is completed you pay online and it generates the PDF document that you then print out and post to them with all your supporting documents.

I did seek legal advice today and will make a decision in the morning. I am on a ICT tier 2 visa at the moment but will have to stop work with no income until this is resolved. It feels unbelievable that their actions can have such profound impacts on people’s lives.

I will really appreciate if anybody that applied in July can share their document version number with me. The form I completed was version 2.0.4.
Hi there,

I've just checked the form we completed and it says 2.0.5 in the top right hand corner so I guess that's the version number? We completed this on the 10th June. We answered some questions first which amended the form to suit your application (ie; it didn't ask about us to prove our relationship as we had already done that at the fiance visa stage). We then had to fill in a few pages and yes, we got a printable PDF at the end of it which we posted off along with the payment receipt.

It looks like we had a different form to you but regadrless of that - how could you have completed the wrong form if it was an online application? Surely the links just lead you to the form and you complete it. You don't have an option to choose a 'wrong' version??

Keep us updated - I really hope you make some progress with your application. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!
Yes - I completed in the same way you have described here. My options were different as I was switching from Tier 2. Anyway as stated my version was 2.0.4 and was turned down as invalid. I will update hopefully soon.
Hi,
i am so worried about mine now. i applied in June and the version said Version 04/2012 from the website when i downloaded. does it mean that mine is wrong as well??

Dsin

Post by Dsin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:44 pm

I will really appreciate if anybody that applied in July can share their document version number with me. The form I completed was version 2.0.4.[/quote]

Hi there,

I've just checked the form we completed and it says 2.0.5 in the top right hand corner so I guess that's the version number? We completed this on the 10th June. We answered some questions first which amended the form to suit your application (ie; it didn't ask about us to prove our relationship as we had already done that at the fiance visa stage). We then had to fill in a few pages and yes, we got a printable PDF at the end of it which we posted off along with the payment receipt.

Keep us updated - I really hope you make some progress with your application. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you![/quote]

Hi,
i am so worried about mine now. i applied in June and the version said Version 04/2012 from the website when i downloaded. does it mean that mine is wrong as well??[/quote]

Hi, we both applied online so perhaps the version numbers are different depending on whether you completed the form online and then printed or printed and then completed.

It does seem to be very difficult to know what is right as the UKBA website and the information that comes out of the UKBA themselves is confusing at best. You could try calling them but from other posts in here it sounds like those answering the phones don't have access to the info you would want.

Hard as it is, waiting seems to be the only option for now. Once we hit the six month mark we can file complaints and see if that prompts some action. Stay in touch and fingers crossed your application makes some progress soon :D

jessica11jessica
Newly Registered

Post by jessica11jessica » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:56 pm

[quote

Hi, we both applied online so perhaps the version numbers are different depending on whether you completed the form online and then printed or printed and then completed.

It does seem to be very difficult to know what is right as the UKBA website and the information that comes out of the UKBA themselves is confusing at best. You could try calling them but from other posts in here it sounds like those answering the phones don't have access to the info you would want.

Hard as it is, waiting seems to be the only option for now. Once we hit the six month mark we can file complaints and see if that prompts some action. Stay in touch and fingers crossed your application makes some progress soon :D[/quote]

hi,

but i still cannot see 2.0.4 or 2.0.5. all i can see is 04/2012. so do you know on which page that i can see 2.0.4 or 2.0.5?

thanks

jessica11jessica
Newly Registered

Post by jessica11jessica » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:33 pm

[/quote]

Hi there,

It looks like we had a different form to you but regadrless of that - how could you have completed the wrong form if it was an online application? Surely the links just lead you to the form and you complete it. You don't have an option to choose a 'wrong' version??

Keep us updated - I really hope you make some progress with your application. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you![/quote]

hi,

i noticed you applied on 10th June and i applied on 30 June. i cannot understand that how can you have 2.0.5 from the website while i found the 04/2012 from the UKBA website. this is a totally mess.