ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application on hold - Sheffield PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rd409
Newly Registered

ILR Application on hold - Sheffield PEO

Post by rd409 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:49 am

First of all thanks for all the helpful advice I have received in arranging the documents for the SET(0) application form.
My case was straightforward, atleast I thought so.

WP (2.5 Yrs) + Tier 1 (3 Yrs)
Limited company director for 2 years.
Total absence from UK 70 days.

Documents submitted for the financial
Self assessment for year 2011-12
Letter from Accountant for sal and div.
Invoices from all the client for past 12 months
personal bank statement.
business bank statements.
contracts for past 12 months
vat returns
summary sheet to highlight salary and dividend on statements.
dividend vouchers
salary slips
annual company accounts.

After waiting for around 4 hours, was told that they need to verify the financial documents. The case worker told me that she will send letters to all the clients who received the invoices to confirm. I thought if you book a premium appointment, they should be able to make some phone calls to verify the invoice amount. She said that this is very common and frequently done for applicants with Personal Service Companies.

The good thing is I have very good terms with all my past clients, and they have told me that they will respond to the query asap. What if one of them doesn't bother to respond? What are possible outcomes?
Please advice.

Ash147
Newly Registered

Post by Ash147 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Did they give any time line?

rd409
Newly Registered

Post by rd409 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:06 pm

She said that once she receives the form back from the clients, she will make a decision. No time frame given.
I am quite anxious and worried. Is it just me or this is quite common? Seniors please help.

Ash147
Newly Registered

Post by Ash147 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:23 pm

It happens with few people like us who r not lucky onough to get the decision on same day.i went to Cardiff on 10 sseptember 2012 and was told as my application is based on self employment earnings it would be decided in 5 days.i have been waiting for 5 weeks.no contact with me ,my customers,accountant and employer by UKBA.
I went to Cardiff office on 28/09/12 again to get update and a new story was told that they are not capable to decide self employment based application and my application is forwarded to another office.NOW I don't know in which queue my file is and when it will be decided.
Your case is strange as I don't know how many customers you had.If they would start doing it,some ppl drive taxies and they give invoices to 100s of customers.How will they verify it?
I would say it is rubbish on their part to do it.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:54 am

Hi Ash,

add you timeline on this thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=760

thanks.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:16 am

Sorry to hear about your situation mate, You could have included Remittance Letters from your clients, that is a strong evidence than your invoice.I am not sure,but may be you can call/email ukba and see if you can include those(remittance letter) documents .

rd409
Newly Registered

Post by rd409 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks Rajuk09. This confuses me now. I included invoices, bank statements from business account which shows the money remitted, letter from accountant, and even VAT returns. But still I will try and contact UKBA if they will accept remittance letters now. Am also going to keep on asking clients if they have received letters.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:43 pm

rd409 ? any update ?

rd409
Newly Registered

Post by rd409 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi Ryan,
No updates from my side as on yet. I have queried all my contacts and none of them have received anything as yet. I am thinking of contacting the case worker somehow to find out whether they have actully posted anything out.

rd409
Newly Registered

Post by rd409 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Just received a letter today from the case worker stating that my ILR has been granted, and we should receive the Biometric cards in next 7 days.

Funny enough, none of my clients received any letters from the case worker. What I think worked for me is constant emails to the case worker. I kept on emailing her almost every other day asking what information they want, and kept on insisting she contact my client via fax or email.

Please PM me if you want to know how to get your case worker's email address.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Congratulations rd409. waiting time is over.
Thanks