ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about the timing of FLR(HSMP) application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

full nelson
Newly Registered

Questions about the timing of FLR(HSMP) application

Post by full nelson » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:01 pm

I have 2 questions about the timing of FLR(HSMP) application to those who obtained it recently

1) If the visa s granted, what date visa is valid from (what is written on the visa) - is it the date of the expiry of the previous visa or the date when FLR is granted (the date when application is considered?

2) what is the current FLR processing time?

My initial HSMP visa expires on 15 Feb and I activated it on 9 Apr last year. So in 4 years I will only be able to apply for ILR on 9 March and if my visa expires on 15 Feb I will have to apply for FLR again or find another way to stay in the country for 3 weeks.

So if I delay FLR for 3 weeks, then effectively my FLR will be converted into ILR in 4 years

Please advise
Thanks

Markie

Post by Markie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:14 pm

new guidelines for ILR is now 5yrs. if your are short then you need to file another FLR

full nelson
Newly Registered

Post by full nelson » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:49 pm

Anybody got FLR recently? Please respond

Jk2007
BANNED

Re: Questions about the timing of FLR(HSMP) application

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:14 pm

full nelson wrote: 1) If the visa s granted, what date visa is valid from (what is written on the visa) - is it the date of the expiry of the previous visa or the date when FLR is granted (the date when application is considered?
Thanks
I recently got FLR approval for 4 years. The 4 years period is from the date of expiry of my previous leave, not from the date of FLR approval.

I too am in a similar situation, when my FLR expires, I would have completed only 58 months of stay in UK, 2 months short of 5 years requirement. This is because I arrived in the UK two months after my EC was granted.

Somewhere in this forum, a member has commented that if a candidate arrives within three months of the grant of Visa, we can still apply for ILR without going for another FLR for these three months. Can anyone confirm this?
Last edited by Jk2007 on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

full nelson
Newly Registered

Post by full nelson » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:03 pm

Thanks for your comments Jk2007

So it is previous visa expiry date, not the date when it was approved. Then there's no point delaying my application

Could you please comment on the processing time please