ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of location with same sponsor, same salary & same

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

teryor77
Newly Registered

change of location with same sponsor, same salary & same

Post by teryor77 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:04 am

please i need help here, my current contract with my sponsor has ended and i have been able to secure another job through interview with the same sponsor, same salary , same occupational code, the only difference is i am moving from crewe to london ( change of location)
1) am i suppose to do change of employment in which i have to apply again for COS and visa or
2) do technical change of employment which will only be for informing home office
3) please advise on the best action to take

thank you

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 am

assuming your current visa remains valid, see paragraph 188 onwards and paragraph 210

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

teryor77
Newly Registered

Post by teryor77 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks manci, i have read the guidance but am still a little confused, do i need to apply for a fresh COS and visa or do i just need to inform home office of the change of location and do they reply or how do i know its been approved to change location?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:27 am

Only you and your sponsor can decide on the basis of the T2 policy guidance (link above) whether it is a change of employment or not.

If it is not, you just inform the HO of the change of your address, it doesn't require any approval. Your employer must of course also keep a record of your new address.

Change of employment is also covered in the T2 sponsor guidance, para 523 onwards:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary