ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spousal Visa Application, HELP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arobbo
Newly Registered

UK Spousal Visa Application, HELP

Post by arobbo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:39 am

Hello,

I read the forums here quite often and you seem to give ppl such great advice, and was wondering if you are able to assit me.

Long Story Short

I am a UK citizen, that situated U.S since May 2005. I planned on visiting my mother who settled in the U.S in 2002 and stay with her for 3 months. I married an American citizen in November 2005, and planned to stay in the U.S, so we saved up for up for all the fees for my settlement Visa. My wife and I felt very unsettled and wanted to move back to the U.K. As I have been here for over 18 months, all of our savings are in U.S that we plan on taking back with us, Also as I an unemployed in the U.K, I have authentic job offers VIA e-mail to proove that i'll be able to find employemt as soon as we arrive in the U.K, without using any government resources. We are staying in my fathers empty 3 bedroom house, that he has also sent a U.K postmarked letter, that has been signed with his aggreeance.

I'm going to list exactly what my wife have that will be added with the application form and processing fee. If there is anything missing please do let me know.

VAF2 settlement Form

Processing fee $500

2 Passports, mine and my wifes

2 Birth Cirtificates

1 Marriage licence

1 divorce decree from my wifes previous marriage

An up-to date copy of my CV

Authentic job offers

My certificates of qualifications, Assessors award, etc etc

1 Letter from my father in the U.K to support the accommindation

U.S bank statements ( As I have none from the U.K, showing an estimated sum that we intend on taking back)

Photogrpahs, that are dated on the back of my wife and I

2 cover letters from my wife and I with added information for the application.

Is there anything else we need? Do you think because I dont have any U.K funds in my U.K account or employment will this dramatiicly effect our application? Even though we're sending in proof of our U.S savings and U.K job offers? We intend on taking back about $4-6000, and have a place to stay. Funds may be greater as we have bulky things that need selling before we can leave.

I've been with my wife now for 18 months, and would do what it takes to have come back with me. I know normally, the sponsor has to be settled in the U.K, working and have accomindation, but I also have read cases of when the sponsor is also travelling back with their spouse! Are these cases just as sucessful?

I appreciate the time taken, and expert advice.

Sincerely

arobbo
Newly Registered

Post by arobbo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:21 am

Hello,

Is there anyone here able to assist?

:?

arobbo
Newly Registered

Post by arobbo » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:58 am

Hello

Surely there is somebody that can help us? :(

proper_pixie
Newly Registered

Post by proper_pixie » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:02 am

Check out:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 8721067257

I'm pretty sure that you, her partner/husband, has to be present and settled in the UK...

You'll probably have to complete a return form, etc.

Also, you MAY have problems if your accommodation is to be shared with your father, however I'm not too sure on this one.

Good luck
Em

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:08 am

proper_pixie wrote: I'm pretty sure that you, her partner/husband, has to be present and settled in the UK...
British citizens do not have to be living in the UK to sponsor for a spouse visa, as a general rule.

arobbo
Newly Registered

Post by arobbo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:11 am

Hello,

This was qouted from that website.

of someone who is coming to the UK or is already settled in the UK

We did read in most cases the sponsor does have to be settled in the U.K, and other cases where the sponsor is traveling back with the spouse.

The house wont be shared with my father, only my brother who is soon moving back to oz. It's a 4 bedroom house with plenty of room. We were under the impression, as I am with my wife, to be able to bring her back have to show proof that no public funds will get used, ie. authentic job offers....which i have many of, and show them the ammount of savings we plan to take back etc etc.

Thanks for your reply