ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success - PEO Cardiff (11/10/2012)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

legendz
Newly Registered

Success - PEO Cardiff (11/10/2012)

Post by legendz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:29 pm

We went to apply for our ILR today in Cardiff. I was the main applicant and my husband and two sons (7 and 1 years old) were dependants on the application.
Our appointment was for 08:30. We arrived at 08:00 as they request that you arrive 30 mins early. We waited for approx 10 minutes before going through security, very much the same as at the airports.
Inside, we waited for maybe another 10 minutes before I was called to a desk - the man took all my paperwork and said we should take a seat and wait to be called for our Biometrics to be done. Shortly after, we were called in and all our Biometrics were recorded. This took about 20 minutes as it was for the four of us plus our baby had to have his nappy changed :)
09:15 they told us we could leave and that they would call us when they have decided our case. 10:45 I received the call so it took an hour and a half in total! On our return we waited around for about an hour, and this would be my only complaint about the day. I was called to the counter and was told our ILR has been approved!

PS: I applied on the basis of two work permits; I was on one permit for about a year and then changed jobs. There was no break between my two employments. I completed form SET(O).

Documents submitted with my application:
Last 3 payslips
Last 3 months' bank statements
Last 5 year's P60'S
Letter from Employer including SOC code
Last 5 years utility bills in joined names
Tenancy agreement
Birth certificates for both children
Marriage certificate
Life in the UK test (pass letters for my husband and I)
Original work permit
Letter from UKBA approving change of employment
Letter from UKBA approving further leave to remain after change of employment
Cover letter
Copies of all documents submitted (except for the application form and my cover letter)

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this forum, it has helped me to complete my application!
Last edited by legendz on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p2kin

Re: Success - PEO Cardiff (11/10/2012)

Post by p2kin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:35 am

Congrats to you...!

Since you went to cardiff.. Can you please tell was it a credit or debit card & which bank issued it..? was there any problem with transaction limit etc?

legendz
Newly Registered

Post by legendz » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 am

Hi there

I used a credit card from Santander. No problem with the payment, I just phoned them two days before and told them that I will make a big payment and it will show up as Home Office or UKBA.

brian78

query

Post by brian78 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:04 pm

hi there

did you submitted the documents as asked by the case worker or you submitted them according to what you thought would be fine

cheers

brian

legendz
Newly Registered

Post by legendz » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:18 pm

You don't actually meet your caseworker until after a decision has been made. I submitted the documents that were listed in the guidance of SET(O).
The only document that I submitted that might not have been necessary was our tenancy agreement as I had proof of us living together for the past 5 years in the form of utility bills. I think they require at least 2 years worth of proof of co-habitation.

The rest of my documents are all required; you will see that as you work through the application form (if using SET(O)). I submitted copies of everything as well as that is required too.

Good luck!