ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

njpal
Newly Registered

UK spouse visa

Post by njpal » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:41 pm

My wife and I got married in Delhi in July 2012. I’m a UK British National working in full time employment.

From what I’ve read from the UKBA website and from this forum I understand the required documents for Spouse visa application are as below. What I wanted to know is which documents need to be originals, which need to be certified. Thanks.

1. Online Visa Application form printed (as its online no need for VAF4A personal details form to be filled in separately)

2. ??Additional Appendix?? I believe in my case I would only need Appendix 2 i.e. financial requirement form. I believe I don’t need Appendix 1 Adult dependant relatives (I may be wrong)

3. Her Indian passport
4. Her 1x passport sized photograph ??Attested
5. TB certificate – ORIGINAL
6. Religious Marriage Certificate - ORIGINAL
7. Registration of Marriage Certificate - ORIGINAL
8. Letter to state she is currently studying for MBA
9. English Requirement – Pearson’s English Test Score Report- PRINT OUT
10. ?? Her 6 months bank statements - ORIGINAL
11. My 6 months bank statements - ORIGINAL
12. My Current Bank Balance with stamp from bank
12. Letter from My Current employer stating duration of employment, annual salary
13. Started current job 2 months ago so Letter from My Previous employer stating duration of employment, annual salary
14. My Last 6 months payslips
15. My Last P60
16. My Sponsorship declaration/letter – ATTESTED BY SOLICITOR

17. My Dad owns house so letter about accommodation and us staying there ATTESTED BY SOLICITOR
18. Dad’s Land Registry documents ORIGINALS
19. Dad’s Council Tax statements ORIGINALS
20. ? Dad’s Utility Bills ORIGINALS

21. Photocopy of my passport: Outer cover, first and last page
ATTESTED BY SOLICITOR

22. Birth Certificate ORIGINAL
23. Evidence of contact: Telephone records, Emails, Facebook messages, Whatsapp Messages,

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:28 pm

Sponsors passport is the only one that needs to be certified by a solicitor ,the rest must be originals and do not need to be certified at all.

janata
BANNED

Post by janata » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Hello njpal my husband live with his parent like u he send me passport certifie and originals documents not certified like leter from his parent accomodation

njpal
Newly Registered

Post by njpal » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:26 am

I dont know if my application will be rejected because of the below and if its therefore worth applying or not.

Dilemma:

Monthly salary is 2,800 after tax on a 3 year contract. I only started this job 2 months ago hence only have 2 payslips confirming the above.

Prior to this I was employed only from Jan 2012 – June 2012 with a monthly salary of 2500 after tax.

And before this was working from Aug 2010 – Apr 2011 with a salary of 2,000 monthly after tax

My P60 from July 2012 shows:

Total for year Pay: 16664.50 Tax deducted 1837.00 alongside it says Previous employment Pay 8732.57 Tax deducted: 1123.20

I think this means I don't meet the financial requirement of 18,600.
I have savings of 5,000 pounds although in the past 7 months I have easily earned above the requirement.

So does this mean I cant apply or I am thinking:

1. should I just write a letter explaining that I have to rotate jobs every 6 months. I am of course including last 7 payslips and statement showing how much is coming through > 18600

2. Don't include P60 as it clearly states total earned in year 16,666 and surely they will reject as soon as they see this

3. Any other way of meeting financial requirement????

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Is this your gross or net earnings?

njpal
Newly Registered

Post by njpal » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:36 am

thanks for your reply.

I am not very clued up about P60s but thats the figure on it. I presume its gross.

This is the only thing holding me back from sending the bundle of docs to my wife in India :(

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:27 am

The way of thinking about it is that since you've been employed for less than 6 months - you have to follow the route of proving your income over the last 12 months.

That means they're going to look at your gross income over the last 12 months.

Your income in the last 2 months has been £7600 (simple rough calculation - £2800 + 1/3rd to allow for tax * 2 months). Your income Jan to June was £20000 (same calculation based on £2500 over 6 months).

April 2011 is too far back to count. What makes no sense to me is your P60 based on what you've said.

Your p60 will be from the dates April 2011 to March 2012. Based on your employment information - your 'previous employment' should have only been around £2.5k, yet it's £8732. And the amount you earnt from Jan to March should be around £10k and yet it's £16k.

So something isn't adding up - please don't give us the POST-tax numbers as they simply aren't important - please get your payslips and report the PRE-tax numbers on your payslip. If necessary as you don't understand - just give all the numbers from one payslip for each employment.

M.

njpal
Newly Registered

Post by njpal » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:57 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. It's really helped me. On the financial requirement form I'll be following Part 3A Category B, and including with the app 12 months payslips and statements.

For the application I have made a financial statement and table summarising my income over the past 12 months before tax as follows:

(previous employment)
Feb '12 = £4,690.80
March '12 =£3635.37
Apr'12 =£3816.35
May '12 = £3882.17
June '12 = £2990.92

(current employment)
Aug '12 = £3769.59
Sep '12 = £3769.59

So Total for past 12 months = £26,554.79

Do the figures on the P60 add up now? If they dont shall I just take out the P60 as it might confuse things?

Thanks a lot

njpal
Newly Registered

Post by njpal » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:37 am

One more important question which I posted elsewhere but havent received a reply for. Would be grateful for your help:

Wife has diploma qualifications in IT. She is currently in her last year of MBA. Her last exam is in February 2013.

Is it advisable to mention this on the application. I'm just apprehensive about this because

1. they may say why are you leaving without finishing your course?
2. ??need to get letter from university re aware student is going to London (running out of time for this)
3. May ask for evidence that she is pursuing the course here in London (which she's not)

One option is not mentioning her MBA on the application, but they might think why isnt she studying/working in India currently? they may think she probably wont work in the UK either = Rejection of application

The other option is mention the MBA on the application form and say she'll fly back to Delhi in Feb '13 to give the exam.

Any suggestions friends?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:56 am

The p60 still isn't making sense to me - but I don't think that matters.

Your income from the payslips - and that's what you need to highlight in a covering letter - is over the threshold.

Oh - and I'm afraid I can't help on the MBA - there's no 'best practice' for this. I'd personally be open and upfront about everything.

M.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:40 am

If you are showing that your finances are in order and meeting the requirements of the Spouse VISA. The UKBA does not care about the employability of your partner as long as she passes the English requirement she is good to go.

There is no need to specifically mention anything unless asked, if there is a question on the form about her education be clear and upfront. It does not matter whether she was working or not as it is irrelevant to the application due to her being outside of the UK.

In terme of her education not completing until Feb 2013. You should get a letter form her University mentioning they do not have any objection in her going to the UK before this date.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

njpal
Newly Registered

Post by njpal » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Wow thanks harv big fan of yours. Read loads of your posts. I've sent off all the documents to my wife today by courier succccch a good feeling.
So still have some time to think about docs before submitting.

Our religious wedding is on Nov 25th and hoping that by any chance we may get the Visa approved by then, go on a honeymoon and be back in London by Mid Dec (wishful thinking I know)

I'll speak to her re how quickly she can get the no objection from her uni otherwise we can perhaps just chuck in her enrolment.
but yeah there is a section in the app if you recall re current status
supported by parents/spouse, student, working etc.
and in your app I remember you put down supported by father. So I will put down her status as student. "Honesty - Best Policy"

As MPH80 says P60 doesnt make sense. I've followed advice and put in covering letters supported by payslips I might just tell her to take the p60 out of the app.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:49 pm

I would say if your payslips are from a good company (not a small firm that could be dodgy). Payslips are more than enough to show your elgibility in terms of finances as they also have your NI number on it. Rules prior to July the 9th required P60 but in the new rules I do not see any mention of it. It shoud only be added if it makes sense and does not contradict the numbers on your payslips and create unwanted confusions.

Yes putting down supported by father is a good thing. This is what I put down for my wife as well as she was not working.

Hope this helps.

PS - I am no consultant/advisor in immigration matters, infact I have almost limited knowledge learnt all from this forum. There are great people on this forum!
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

njpal
Newly Registered

Re: UK spouse visa

Post by njpal » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:11 pm

Have made it so far without any problems thanks to this forum.

Wife's BLR is about to expire next month.

Which form are we meant to fill in for ILR? Is it Set-M and is there a direct link to fill this in online??

Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: UK spouse visa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:12 am

njpal wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:11 pm
Have made it so far without any problems thanks to this forum.

Wife's BLR is about to expire next month.

Which form are we meant to fill in for ILR? Is it Set-M and is there a direct link to fill this in online??

Many thanks
What do you mean by 'BLR' :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.