ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I have to list all my nationalities in the BC application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Marritza wrote:requirement to send the original passports
You only need to submit your current EEA passport, not the US passport or previous passports. I never heard of problems so far, and trust the Royal Mail entirely. When I applied, I even used 2nd class standard delivery, but if you want to play it safe use a signed-for and insured delivery (surprisingly cheap in the UK).

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:22 pm

You can also send the EEA ID card.

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Marritza wrote:Well, I'm only going on my previous experience with the border agency who once tried to tell me that my EEA ID card was bad quality upon entry into the UK and got even more suspicious when I produced a US passport. They wanted to use my US passport to let me in but that would've been illegal in my case so I had to spend quite a bit of time convincing them that the ID card is real and I really need to enter the country on that, not my US passport...

I guess it's the price to pay for multiple citizenships.
You would not blame them for being suspicious . Why having multiple nationalities ?See , they won't refuse you because of that but they might delay the decision because they would need to verify the authentication of your citizenships , and one advise , you MUST truthfully declare everything because after you sign the declaration , you are admitting you have filled in the form in good faith and truthfully , so if they later find out you used only one nationality , you will be refused .
Last edited by trs2011 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:58 pm

trs2011 wrote:why having multiple nationalities ?
Many want the British citizenship, but don't want to give up their original nationality. I am one of those pesky people as well. For some, the second nationality has practical advantages (especially for those outside the EEA), for others it is more a mental thing, the feeling of belonging. There are many reasons for having multiple nationalities, and there is nothing wrong with it.

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
trs2011 wrote:why having multiple nationalities ?
Many want the British citizenship, but don't want to give up their original nationality. I am one of those pesky people as well. For some, the second nationality has practical advantages (especially for those outside the EEA), for others it is more a mental thing, the feeling of belonging. There are many reasons for having multiple nationalities, and there is nothing wrong with it.
I see , well explained

Marritza
Newly Registered

Post by Marritza » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Gyfrinachgar, thanks (also for the explanation of the multiple citizenship issue). Will start on filling out the EEA3 form then...

masterofpuppets

Re:

Post by masterofpuppets » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Marritza wrote:Gyfrinachgar, thanks (also for the explanation of the multiple citizenship issue). Will start on filling out the EEA3 form then...

hi marittza . i found your topic by accidentally when i was searching for dual nationalities . i was just wondering which nationality did u use when applying for citizenship. i am in the same situation as you.