ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the uk test

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Coffee10

Life in the uk test

Post by Coffee10 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:38 pm

What is the best and quickest way to pass this test.do i need to read the book or maybe there are some ready test i could use to learn?i found some tests on line there is quite a few over 55 test with 24 question each if i go over them is that will be enough to past the real test? Thank you and all the best

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:10 am

http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/1

Also with that official 400+ question book will do.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:55 am

you do need to read the book, chapter 2-6 because I have generally seen inconsistencies in the preparatory material. I went through the book and used the website mentioned by arifaahmed to practice about 20 tests and found it sufficient to pass the test.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:55 am

pied_piper wrote:you do need to read the book, chapter 2-6 because I have generally seen inconsistencies in the preparatory material. I went through the book and used the website mentioned by arifaahmed to practice about 20 tests and found it sufficient to pass the test.
I can only recommend this book. It contains everything you need to now (including annotations of inaccuracies in the original study materials and what to learn). Has also a section what to expect, how to prepare, what to take along, common questions, etc. Basically, everything you need to pass the test with flying colours. If you want to test yourself, there are plenty of websites around offering surprisingly realistic test questions.

mrneo

Post by mrneo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:03 am

hi,
Read the book Completely . there are a lot of new questions which is not in the above mention website. But the website helps a lot.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:52 pm

tejomon wrote:Read the book Completely . there are a lot of new questions which is not in the above mention website. But the website helps a lot.
On what source do you base that? To my knowledge, the test has not been changed recently. Considerable changes are planned - for example, the planned version will focus less on the practicalities and require more knowledge of British history, as well as correct some factual errors. Read this BBC report on some of the proposed changes. While these changes have not yet been implemented yet, they can come into force any minute now. Read this interesting warning.

The test is, and probably always will be, based on the official study materials. Currently that is the Life in the United Kingdom handbook, 2nd edition. Relevant are only chapters 2-6, which are reproduced (with or without annotations) in licenced 3rd party books like the one from Dillon & Sandison, published 2011. The official study materials are currently in the 2nd edition and have been published in 2007 and 2011. Since then, there have been no new questions and the official study materials have remain unchanged. I assume the 3rd edition is likely to be published sometime in 2013.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
tejomon wrote:Read the book Completely . there are a lot of new questions which is not in the above mention website. But the website helps a lot.
On what source do you base that? To my knowledge, the test has not been changed recently. Considerable changes are planned - for example, the planned version will focus less on the practicalities and require more knowledge of British history, as well as correct some factual errors. Read this BBC report on some of the proposed changes. While these changes have not yet been implemented yet, they can come into force any minute now. Read this interesting warning.

The test is, and probably always will be, based on the official study materials. Currently that is the Life in the United Kingdom handbook, 2nd edition. Relevant are only chapters 2-6, which are reproduced (with or without annotations) in licenced 3rd party books like the one from Dillon & Sandison, published 2011. The official study materials are currently in the 2nd edition and have been published in 2007 and 2011. Since then, there have been no new questions and the official study materials have remain unchanged. I assume the 3rd edition is likely to be published sometime in 2013.
this ^^^^

mrneo

Post by mrneo » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:22 pm

hi,
i did my test last month and my wife did on 9th this month. i had 3-5 new questions those are not in website. but it was there in book. i was sure that i will fail because of new questions. but i passed. just letting you know that i didnt read book at all. :).