ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Significant achivement claimed points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hp
Newly Registered

Significant achivement claimed points

Post by hp » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I recently applied HSMP and waiting for +ve response from HSMP.I need some clarification from experts.I claimed 15 points in achivements cateogry .I am working in SAP and got excellent contribution certificate from SAP in one of their implemenation project.

My doubt here will get 15 points which I claimed in achivements category or else they need much more contribution in national level / company level to get these points. SAP is also one of biggest software company ,they do not give certificates very easilly.

Thanks in advance

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:34 pm

hp wrote:SAP is also one of biggest software company ,they do not give certificates very easilly.
Is that verifiable then?

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:43 pm

I doubt if you get points for that. HSMP team are very "stingy" when it comes to giving points for achievements and experience (especially now when they are literally flooded with applications). Many employees from respectable companies get esteem letters. Nothing special in that. You have to show something special and unique.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:03 pm

Well even if you get a certificate from SAP, they are not going to give you the points as there are 100 thousands consultant who are working for ERPs like SAP, JD Edward and Oracle financial and have successfully implemented ERP solutions and have certs with them and its not basically fullfuling the criteria.
Regards,
Afzal

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:21 pm

HP,

You will need to show "a body of evidence" for claiming achievement points. At least 3 if not more types of achievements mentioned in the form might be a good starting point. What other documents have you provided for this?

tgs

Post by tgs » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:38 am

I think you will only be able to get significant achievement points if you proof that an external party recognize your achievement. Proof would include things like you are been invited to conferences and/or articles of your achievement/work in scientific magazines. The party who gave you the recognition should be independent from you, so I don't think an employer would be classify as independent. That is how I interpret it.

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:41 pm

Friends,

Home office is very strict in allocating points to Achievements and senior level experience.
Personal experience, I claimed 110 points including significant achievement and senior level experience. Without considering those two, I still qualify for HSMP, but they asked me more information about my senior level experience.

"Body evidence" of 3 supporting documents are very important in achievements category. I have three National and International publications and I submitted 3 supporting documents (including invitation letters from the conference conveners) for two of them as proof but only 2 supporting documents for one.

After receiving HSMP documents packet, I observed one thing. The case worker ticked on my covering letter against every evidence and supporting document ( I clearly mentioned the list of documents attached) and a ‘ X ‘ where I submitted only two supporting documents.

So, I believe applicants should be more careful when claming points in these categories.

Hope this info will help the members.

Regards,
Puti