ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Mandarin wrote:
king2be98 wrote:Mandarin,

What stage are you now at? You still not heard anything? If not, I would suggest you have another crack at emailing them, but this time with more emphasis on why you need your documents back fast. I know of someone who said he needed his Degree certificate back fast and they responded by giving his passport back the following week and apologising for the lengthy delay.
King, I am still awaiting the call letter. One month is up, and now the 5th week of waiting begins. I just got a very general response to an email I wrote some time ago... that my appeal is undergoing further processing, and that I should wait. As for documents, that would have been a great idea but they returned all originals at the time of refusal.

Thanks again for the advice :)

therez-jus-no-consistency-here-really-i-got-a-call-from-bhc-on-8th-aug-sayin-my-refusal-has-been-overturned...then-on-9th-they-called-me-again-to-ask-for-my-email-address-n-i-was-sent-the-call-letter-thro-email-the-same-day...
u-should-email-them-saying-please-email-me-the-call-letter-or-smfn
visa-grante:25.10.12

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Yes Syma, I will. I am sad to hear you are still waiting.

I confess, it makes me feel bad to write to them over and over again. I dislike being an annoying/badgering person. I swear if I hear nothing by tomorrow, I am asking the MP to take notice. Then I will calm down and bide my time in peace.

The MP is a considerate person, willing to help.

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:22 pm

See this link Syma, I am quoting the para from this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /apl/apl2/

APL2.15.1 What is the timeframe?
Once Post is notified of an allowed appeal, a visa should be issued within 8 weeks from the date of receipt at Post. To issue a visa the appellant will be contacted to resubmit their passport. On the very rare occasions, when an ECO decides not to issue a visa after an allowed determination, any re-refusal and / or revocation should be completed within the same timeframe of 8 weeks.

However, according to the Tribunal, you must receive a visa within 12 weeks.

I guess 12 weeks is then the true limit.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Mandarin wrote:See this link Syma, I am quoting the para from this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /apl/apl2/

APL2.15.1 What is the timeframe?
Once Post is notified of an allowed appeal, a visa should be issued within 8 weeks from the date of receipt at Post. To issue a visa the appellant will be contacted to resubmit their passport. On the very rare occasions, when an ECO decides not to issue a visa after an allowed determination, any re-refusal and / or revocation should be completed within the same timeframe of 8 weeks.

However, according to the Tribunal, you must receive a visa within 12 weeks.

I guess 12 weeks is then the true limit.
thanks-for-that...so-thats-8wks-from-the-day-i-submit-passport??
where-does-it-say-about-they-can-take-12-wks??

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:20 pm

No, within 8 weeks, after the Post (BHC) receives the determination from the Tribunal.

I called the AIT and they said 12 weeks. The following also confirms this taken from this link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... o/appeals/

If the judge allows your appeal, his or her determination will be sent to the relevant visa section, which will in turn contact you.

It can take up to 4 weeks for determinations to reach the relevant visa section, and a further 8 weeks for them to be processed. The visa section will write to you using the contact details provided on your appeal form.

Please do not contact the visa section until 12 weeks after the date when you or your representative received the judge's decision. This date will be stated on your written determination.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Mandarin wrote:No, within 8 weeks, after the Post (BHC) receives the determination from the Tribunal.

I called the AIT and they said 12 weeks. The following also confirms this taken from this link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... o/appeals/

If the judge allows your appeal, his or her determination will be sent to the relevant visa section, which will in turn contact you.

It can take up to 4 weeks for determinations to reach the relevant visa section, and a further 8 weeks for them to be processed. The visa section will write to you using the contact details provided on your appeal form.

Please do not contact the visa section until 12 weeks after the date when you or your representative received the judge's decision. This date will be stated on your written determination.
but-ur-appeal-never-went-to-court-the-decision-was-overturned-by-the-ECO,so-the-above-doesnt-apply-to-me-right??

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:24 am

I would believe that our cases should then be processed quicker than their stated time frame. We did not have to wait for a judge's determination. Nevertheless, they have 12 weeks to process our appeals, as the AIT said to me.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:11 am

Hello there,

I have a rather complicated situation that I'd like your opinion on:

-My brother-in-law applied for spouse visa in April this year
-At the time, his wife was employed at the shop of a relative
-Shortly after the application had been submitted, the shop was sold and she was unemployed for several months
-She did not inform UKBA of this
-in late August, she found a job that is 'ongoing temp' and again did not inform UKBA of this
-UKBA tried to contact her employer (the shop) numerous times and could not reach them, as the business did not exist any longer
-in September, UKBA decided the application and refused it

My brother-in-law wants to appeal but she is/seems to be dragging her feet, saying she did not get her P45 when the shop closed, she is waiting for papers from HRMC, etc.

She also says that she won't be able to show her new employment contract, as it is temp, but she will show her payslips. (What??)

All of this sounds a bit strange to me.

Does anybody know whether an 'ongoing temp' job through an agency would be alright to show?

I have a sinking feeling about this appeal.

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:46 pm

I am sorry but according to this link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /apl/apl7/

New evidence which postdates the decision cannot be considered by the ECM.  This evidence should be acknowledged in the Review and the ECM should indicate that this should be used to support a fresh application.

Examples of new evidence

Sponsor obtains new employment that was not engaged in / expected at the date of decision.

Your brother in law should make a fresh application. His sponsor should have informed the UKBA immediately of her change in circumstances. It will probably not be considered at all on appeal.

prince007

Post by prince007 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:37 am

HELLO HOW YOU ALL DOING? ANYONE WITH ANY UPDATES EMAILS CALLS OR LETTERS. PLEASE UPDATE US HERE. THANKS

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi :) MP has written to the UKBA regarding when the visa will be granted. Will inform you of any response.

prince007

Post by prince007 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Salaam to all, wish every the best for tommorow, May Allah Swt Shower his Blessing on our Visa Review Cases Ameen. Hope every1 gets a positive reply this week. Inshallah.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:15 am

I have been reading and following the thread, don't assume I've gone away. It's just we haven't had many people updating here, or new appellants, we need appellants from the other thread to post in here for advice so we can advise them.

fsaleem
Newly Registered

Post by fsaleem » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi All,

Aslaamu Alaykum hope you are all well... I have been following this thread for some time now and it is the only thread that has given me a ray of hope! Inshallah that our application will get through in the review stage.

Basically my timeline is below in my signature, my application was refused due to the error on UKBA, I believe they disregarded the letter given to them in the application which was directed to the Entry Clearance Officer, which clearly stated that my husband has met the set criteria for the English Requirement. My husband did the City&Guilds test and I know now that a lot of people have had similar issues but wanted to see if any of u lot have been rejected on a similar situation and if you have heard anything from the BHC in Pakistan... Please let me know if anyone's application was resolved in the review?! And how long that took?

I will really appreciate any response. I will make dua for everyone.

Thanks

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Welcome to the thread fsaleem

I had my visa refused due to the English Test on 19 Jan. I had only submitted the original Key English Test certificate at the time of application and not the statement of results. I sent the required statement of results with my appeal on 6 Feb.

The ECO did not review my appeal due to resource issues at Islamabad. I was given a hearing date of 10 Sep.

The ECO then withdrew his decision on 7 Sep, three days before the court hearing.

fsaleem
Newly Registered

Post by fsaleem » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know... Did the BHC tell u they don't have the resources to review ur application? And hav u submitted ur passport now? It looks like they take the same amount of time to stamp the passport as the review, which is ridiculous!

I have heard they have employed more people, so hopefully this will bring back the time frame... However who knows, Allah knows best! Inshallah we will hear soon, but its just soo hard! :(

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:06 pm

fsaleem wrote:Hi,

Thanks for letting me know... Did the BHC tell u they don't have the resources to review ur application? And hav u submitted ur passport now? It looks like they take the same amount of time to stamp the passport as the review, which is ridiculous!

I have heard they have employed more people, so hopefully this will bring back the time frame... However who knows, Allah knows best! Inshallah we will hear soon, but its just soo hard! :(
When your appeal has been reviewed by an ECM, he either overturns his decision or sends an appeal bundle to the Tribunal explaining why he upheld the original decision. In the appeal bundle regarding my case, the ECM stated that he had been unable to review my file due to resource issues and that a judge should decide the matter.

I will be submitting my passport tomorrow InshaAllah.

Yes, if we truly realize that everything is according to Allah's will, it becomes easier to wait. The day He has written you will join your spouse is the day you will, not a day before or after. It is not in mortal hands.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:11 pm

its-going-to-b-9-wks-this-week-since-ive-submitted-my-passprt,still-no-news:/

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:47 am

syma wrote:its-going-to-b-9-wks-this-week-since-ive-submitted-my-passprt,still-no-news:/
Syma any luck with the MP? Ask the MP to contact the BHC. What did you put in as intended date of travel?

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:39 am

Mandarin wrote:
syma wrote:its-going-to-b-9-wks-this-week-since-ive-submitted-my-passprt,still-no-news:/
Syma any luck with the MP? Ask the MP to contact the BHC. What did you put in as intended date of travel?
MP's-team-said-they-have-a-huge-backlog-they've-got-are-request-in-their-data-system,they'll-get-back-t-us..dont-thnk-they-will-anytime-soon:/
i'd-put-5th-SEp-as-my-intended-date-of-travel,-ive-already-changed-my-ticket-twice..

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Yes, MPs are slow to respond these days. Keep writing to the BHC, see what they have to say. Be very firm in your email and demand an explanation for the delay. Also point out you had to change your ticket twice.

This is really very worrying to hear.

prince007

Post by prince007 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 pm

May Allah Swt Bless you All with Visa's Ameen.

2weeks left for the deadline still no answer from the BHC about wifes case, dont know whats gonna happen, but i have full faith in Allah Swt and i pray my wife get the Visa with the Blessing's and Rehma from Allah Swt Ameen. plz keep me in ur Dua's. thanks

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:29 am

What was your decision making post Prince? I feel Abu Dhabi is quicker in sorting appeals. I wish you luck.

prince007

Post by prince007 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:04 pm

its Islamabad

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:14 pm

prince007 wrote:its Islamabad
what is your appeal deadline..... mine is the 5th of novemember.
I have not heard anything, I even called tribunal services just to check and they said not even my bundle has come back...so no decision has even been made.
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?