ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I work as a temp emp @ morgan mckinley on Tier1 Entre?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oneforu
Newly Registered

Can I work as a temp emp @ morgan mckinley on Tier1 Entre?

Post by oneforu » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi,

I am on PSW visa now (expiry Dec 2012) and getting offers of temp jobs from morgan mckinley recruitment work. Can I continue doing the same job once I am on Tier 1 Entepreneur visa? A quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:32 pm

You can work there as a contractor either by registering as self employed or a limited company :)

oneforu
Newly Registered

Post by oneforu » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:53 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Ali. But will I have to tell them as self employed? Or work as isual as I will be under my PSW.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:58 am

You can only work for the business you have set up/invested in.

oneforu
Newly Registered

Post by oneforu » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 am

Thanks Greenie - so if I work on temp contracts, I will be working for myself and that can is possible under the visa guidelines?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:56 pm

You can only work for the business you set up as part of the entrepreneur application. You cannot be someone else's employee.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Can I work as a temp emp @ morgan mckinley on Tier1 Entr

Post by bruteforce » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 pm

oneforu wrote:Hi,

I am on PSW visa now (expiry Dec 2012) and getting offers of temp jobs from morgan mckinley recruitment work. Can I continue doing the same job once I am on Tier 1 Entepreneur visa? A quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Are you trying to impress the world that you got an offer from Morgan Mnkinley? :wink: Come on, you are injecting £50,00 in the UK to do business and yet you are thinking about working for somebody. 8)

makingastart
Newly Registered

Post by makingastart » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:54 pm

bruteforce wrote:
oneforu wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
Are you trying to impress the world that you got an offer from Morgan Mnkinley? :wink: Come on, you are injecting £50,00 in the UK to do business and yet you are thinking about working for somebody. 8)

oneforu
Newly Registered

Post by oneforu » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 pm

:lol: the reason I was asking was because if I take up a contract that overlaps with my Tier 1 Ent period after PSW; would it be legal. But I am not taking any chances, as the comments above suggest, will not go ahead with it.

Thanks again for the responses to all.

[quote="bruteforce"][quote="oneforu"]Hi,

Thanks,[/quote]

Are you trying to impress the world that you got an offer from Morgan Mnkinley? :wink: Come on, you are injecting £50,00 in the UK to do business and yet you are thinking about working for somebody. 8)[/quote]

xtong
Newly Registered

How about IR35?

Post by xtong » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:13 am

alimohmand wrote:You can work there as a contractor either by registering as self employed or a limited company :)
Has anyone considered being caught by IR35 when working as a contractor on Entrepreneur visa?

If we are caught, we would be seen as employee under the disguise of limited company. Will that hurt our chances of renewing our visa?