ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitted the wrong application form to extend VISA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

myzah2002
Newly Registered

Submitted the wrong application form to extend VISA

Post by myzah2002 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Hello

My current VISA is "Discretionary Leave to Remain" which I was granted in September 2010. I was granted this VISA after my application for Asylum had been declined, but because I have a child who is British and my fiance who is British too, I was granted discretionary leave.The VISA is nearing expiring (20.10.12), and to extend it, I applied using the HPDL form on 25.09.12. After waiting 2 weeks without any reply/acknowledgement from the UK Border agency to say that they have recieved my application, I decided to give them a ring. The lady (who works at the UK Border Agency Croydon), I spoke to the first time is the one who enlightened me that I should have used the FLR(O) form. I asked her for advice on what to do but she was not helpfull AT ALL and told me to go and see a lawyer "because she was not a caseworker and that she was not an advisor".

I called again the following day and spoke to a different lady who was helpful this time around and she gave me options and the option I chose was to send an application on the correct form (with the right fee) even though I had already sent another application form (which according to them had not registered on their system yet, but had recieved the application form though).

Basically I have two applications at the home office: 1) the one I applied using the wrong application form & (2) the one I used using the right application.

Could you please advise on any implications this might have?

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:42 am

You seem to have done everything. All that remains to is wait.

myzah2002
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by myzah2002 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:28 pm

Thanks Lukapooka. Really appreciate the support