ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Pls, What is COA? and do I need one to apply EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ms.K
Newly Registered

Help Pls, What is COA? and do I need one to apply EEA2

Post by Ms.K » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:36 am

What is COA? and do I need one to apply EEA2

I'm an eu and my husband non eu we will be applying for eea2 when we arrive in the UK. however I see everyone talking about COA before they recieved Residence Card

Please help me understand what COA is, so i dont get my application refused without the COA.

My husband is coming with his family permit and we are married in the mosque in the UK in 2009.

I appreciate your replies.

Thank you.

Ms.K
Newly Registered

Post by Ms.K » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:24 am

anyone here to help me what COA is? is it an application form that I need to fill in? or they give you COA when sending EEA2 Application?

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:14 am

When a non-EEA national applies for Residence card then he need to submit EEA2 form along with the supporting documents such as marriage certificate, passports, pictures and the proof that EEA partner is excercising eu treaty rights by work, study, self sufficient, and self employment etc. After its submission UKBA validate the application and issue COA (certificate of Application) that confirms the application and give working right to NON-EEA national. For better understanding just go through the following links:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cklist.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/

Ms.K
Newly Registered

Post by Ms.K » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:43 am

Englandd wrote:When a non-EEA national applies for Residence card then he need to submit EEA2 form along with the supporting documents such as marriage certificate, passports, pictures and the proof that EEA partner is excercising eu treaty rights by work, study, self sufficient, and self employment etc. After its submission UKBA validate the application and issue COA (certificate of Application) that confirms the application and give working right to NON-EEA national. For better understanding just go through the following links:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cklist.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/
Thank you very much for your reply.

Oh Okay, now I understand. I thought COA stands for Certificate Of Approval the marriage one http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ion-of-coa

and If im correct we dont need that anymore.

Now I understand, I thought we needed to fill another application form before sending eea2 form to UKBA.

we will be self sufficient, Another thing we will need a private health insurance. can anyone recommend me any health insurance that will be acceptable to them.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:06 am

Normally COA means Certificate of Application that is being issued upon the submission of EEA2 application but the other COA (certificate of approval) scheme now does not exist. Yes you can be self sufficient and must need to buy private health insurance. On internet you can search various companies and their plans but all depends on your budget. But try to buy such one that covers you in majority of cases.

Ms.K
Newly Registered

Post by Ms.K » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:31 am

Englandd wrote:Normally COA means Certificate of Application that is being issued upon the submission of EEA2 application but the other COA (certificate of approval) scheme now does not exist. Yes you can be self sufficient and must need to buy private health insurance. On internet you can search various companies and their plans but all depends on your budget. But try to buy such one that covers you in majority of cases.
Thanks you very much Englandd, I understand. would it be a problem if it didn't say 'comprehensive' on the insurance papers but it had major of cases for medical insurance.

I have been searching for health insurance but most sites do not give you quote (price) without a UK address.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:49 am

its does not matter the title/name of insurance plan just make sure it covers all of your family members in majority of cases. For calculating price you can insert the assumed address but the only problem will be as normally the private health insurance companies require the registration with GP(doctor) and some companies even require a certain lenght of registration time with GP e.g 6 months, 1 year etc.

Ms.K
Newly Registered

Post by Ms.K » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Englandd wrote:its does not matter the title/name of insurance plan just make sure it covers all of your family members in majority of cases. For calculating price you can insert the assumed address but the only problem will be as normally the private health insurance companies require the registration with GP(doctor) and some companies even require a certain lenght of registration time with GP e.g 6 months, 1 year etc.
Thanks a lot for the information.

Englandd or hopefully anyone on this forum

Does anyone know of any Private Health Insurance that only need to register with GP only, without the having requirement of certain length of registration time?

has anyone here not being asked by the insurance company how long you were registered with the GP?

I'm registered with GP in the UK but my husband isn't.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Why not you speak directly with the companies and based on your current position discuss about this gp requirement, hopefully they may tell you any other alternate route/criteria. The leading insurance providers are bupa, axa, aviva, tesco, simply health, etc.

ruben7
Newly Registered

Post by ruben7 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi we recently got Insurance with this company through a friend who knows exactly what type of insurance you need, let me know and I will get you in touch with the person.

Ms.K
Newly Registered

Post by Ms.K » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:13 pm

ruben7 wrote:Hi we recently got Insurance with this company through a friend who knows exactly what type of insurance you need, let me know and I will get you in touch with the person.
Thank you very much for your help..Yes I'm interested to know which Insurance company that is. Please give me the detail so I may contact them.

Ms.K
Newly Registered

Post by Ms.K » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Englandd wrote:Why not you speak directly with the companies and based on your current position discuss about this gp requirement, hopefully they may tell you any other alternate route/criteria. The leading insurance providers are bupa, axa, aviva, tesco, simply health, etc.
Sure Thanks, I will contact them after my arrival to the UK and have UK address.