ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements Issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jk2007
BANNED

Bank Statements Issue

Post by Jk2007 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:39 pm

I found from another forum that an application for HSMP was rejected because the Bank Statements did not have company name on the salary credit entries.

http://www.hsmp-services.co.uk/phpBB/vi ... php?t=4000

This looks strange because, employee does not normally have control on which company account the salary is credited from. The applicant says he has provided pay slips matching the entries.

Any comments?

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:46 pm

That's right, the bank statement should show the company that the payment came from, otherwise, in they eyes of a caseworker, the money could have come from anywhere.
________
Spam vaporizer
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:55 pm

Fully agree with WoodieG. This is not strange as Jk2007 refer to, but common sense.

In this case bank statement could not used as salary evidence.
Pantaiema

WoodieG wrote:That's right, the bank statement should show the company that the payment came from, otherwise, in they eyes of a caseworker, the money could have come from anywhere.

kinjiru

Post by kinjiru » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:12 pm

Woodie G, Pantaiema, You may well say it's common sense and explain that away.

How do you explain another person in the same thread whose application was rejected because his P60 covered only three months? To me, this just gets even more confusing.

Can someone attempt some sort of explanation. Perhaps briefly enter into the mind of a case worker?

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:19 pm

"I was rejected as my P60 only covers 3 months of my claimed salary earnings. I supplied salary slips, employers letters AND bank statements. My salary earnings where over ?48,000 but still rejected.

I don't think that their process is working correctly. They obviously just looked at the P60, and as it didn't cover the right timeframe rejected it on that. " - From that thread.

Assuming that is the actual reason and all his evidence was corroborative and on the right paper etc, it seems a bit strange - maybe he didn't complete the exceptional consideration section properly.
________
Volcano Vaporizers

Zee_Zee

Post by Zee_Zee » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:23 pm

My bank statement shows salary transaction narration as "Salary Transfer" only and doesn't have company name anywhere. And it got accepted without any problems. The transaction amount matches the net salary mentioned in the employer's certificate and salary slips. How come one ask bank to change the transaction narrations on the bank statement to include employer name???
Regards,

Z Z.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:26 pm

I work in company say "xyz".
Few of my bank statements say "TRF from xyz"
and, few say "Salary from xyz".

So, what should I expect as a result? Would this be OK? Is it necessary to mention "Salary" term?

Has there been any case when application got rejected due to this discrepencey?

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:27 pm

Zee_Zee

Yes, some banks issue statements simply with entries such as "Salary". Probably if the entry is "salary", HO accepts. On the otherhand if the entry simply says "Transfer", even if that entry matches with the entry in the pay slip, HO appears to be not accepting such payments as salary..
Last edited by Jk2007 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:28 pm

"How come one ask bank to change the transaction narrations on the bank statement to include employer name???"

Obviously you can't but the text that appear is controlled by your employer not that they'll be able to change it either. Seeing as bank statements are exceptional, can you send pay slips, tax document and a letter from the employer? Add the bank statements too if you want, explaining that you've sent the letter because the employer name is not on the bank statements. You could get a letter from the company too, stating that they do not include their name in the information they send to the bank(s).
________
GIRLFRIEND PICTURES

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:34 pm

Jk2007 wrote:Yes, some banks issue statements simply with entries such as "Salary". Probably if the entry is "salary", HO accepts. On the otherhand if the entry simply says "Transfer", even if that entry matches with the entry in the pay slip, HO appears to be not accepting such payments as salary..
Thanks JK! Do you have any case where application got rejected due to not mentioning "salary" term, where "TRF from <company name>" was mentioned?

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:39 pm

lack of company name was the original issue, so paid from/transfer from would be fine

mine just say the company name and nothing more.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:40 pm

I am not quite sure whether there is an aplicant was rejected beacue their P60 only cover 3 months. Caseworker know that you just get P60 once in a year around April.

I believe in this case you couls also submit P60 from previous year which also cover part of income.

Pantaiema

kinjiru wrote:Woodie G, Pantaiema, You may well say it's common sense and explain that away.

How do you explain another person in the same thread whose application was rejected because his P60 covered only three months? To me, this just gets even more confusing.

Can someone attempt some sort of explanation. Perhaps briefly enter into the mind of a case worker?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:42 pm

I think the main point here is tp convince them that salary is come from company and not from anywhere else.

Pantaiema

]
Zee_Zee wrote:My bank statement shows salary transaction narration as "Salary Transfer" only and doesn't have company name anywhere. And it got accepted without any problems. The transaction amount matches the net salary mentioned in the employer's certificate and salary slips. How come one ask bank to change the transaction narrations on the bank statement to include employer name???

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:51 pm

hsmp28122006 wrote:
Jk2007 wrote:Yes, some banks issue statements simply with entries such as "Salary". Probably if the entry is "salary", HO accepts. On the otherhand if the entry simply says "Transfer", even if that entry matches with the entry in the pay slip, HO appears to be not accepting such payments as salary..
Thanks JK! Do you have any case where application got rejected due to not mentioning "salary" term, where "TRF from <company name>" was mentioned?
If the company name is there, HO will not care if the entry is Salary or transfer. I was discussing about cases where company name is missing in the statements. In that case, if the entry says "Salary", then HO may accept, but if it says "Transfer", HO may not accept.

melimango

Post by melimango » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:35 pm

Oh wonderful, another new thing for me to worry about. I was alreay refused once because my bank statements were printed from my online account. My bank statements don't show my company name. It says
AUTHORIZED TRANSFER XXX PAYROLL, with XXX being a name that is not my company's name (it's a name of another company the company that owns my company also owns). If the amounts are the same, could they refuse me on that??

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:39 pm

melimango wrote:Oh wonderful, another new thing for me to worry about. I was alreay refused once because my bank statements were printed from my online account. My bank statements don't show my company name. It says
AUTHORIZED TRANSFER XXX PAYROLL, with XXX being a name that is not my company's name (it's a name of another company the company that owns my company also owns). If the amounts are the same, could they refuse me on that??
Does the Owning company has a similar name.. the first word atleast..? Then you can explain that the payments are coming from a group ompany.

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:43 pm

just get a statement from company stating they are owned by the other company - and that payroll is handled by the big company. On letterhead etc.

melimango

Post by melimango » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:49 pm

I just looked and the name on my bank statement was of a company that doesn't even exist anymore. It used to be owned by my company's parent company. Ridiculous

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:54 pm

you really are trying to make this difficult arent you ? :)

get a letter from the current parent company, stating they used to own the other one who paid you.........

this cannot be the only time this has happened in history of HSMP applicants. until you throw in some other factors...

melimango

Post by melimango » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:56 pm

I guess I can ask if absolutely necessary but HR will think I'm completely insane as I can't tell them the real reason why.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:33 am

Hi,

One can get the letter from employer stating the "ABC" amount was paid in your "DEF" Bank, in "GHI" account number for the 12 months period that was claimed for.

Since the Bank statement will bear your name and Banks name and Bank account number That way once can proove that the transaction entry is pertaining to the salary or payment made to the applicant by the employer.

I have some entries as "SALARY", some as "Transfer", some as "company Name", some as "Payment" etc. Hope this does not go against me.

NNJ10

umeshsethi

Post by umeshsethi » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:31 am

WoodieG wrote: Obviously you can't but the text that appear is controlled by your employer not that they'll be able to change it either. Seeing as bank statements are exceptional, can you send pay slips, tax document and a letter from the employer? Add the bank statements too if you want, explaining that you've sent the letter because the employer name is not on the bank statements. You could get a letter from the company too, stating that they do not include their name in the information they send to the bank(s).
Bank Statements are not exceptional. I don't know which country you belong to but here in India you cannot really control what entry name the salary will go with into your account. And this cannot really be termed as out of this world. Mostly does not go with company name since the account is itself a corporate salary account, something specifically created by company with a bank it has relationship. To me it seems the HSMP team is committing highway robbery by not having a caseworker manual made public and then interpreting letters and statement whichever way the seem to like it. We can send them a 100 page Income and Banking regulation guide but they seem pretty illiterate as it is !
Umesh Sethi

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:09 am

umeshsethi wrote: Bank Statements are not exceptional.
Bank Statements are required only in exceptional situation if you cannot provide both payslips and IT return. However, in most cases you will not be able to provide Income Tax return for the whole year, therefore you need to provide Bank statements as additional evidence.

The reason why two evidences (Pay slips and Bank statements) are provided is to clearly establish that the payment shown on the payslip is credited into your account. Even when the entries (date and amount) match, rejecting a case -because the company name does not appear in the entries in the Bank statements - is very unfortunate. As we see from the feedback from many members, employees do not always have control on how the salary credits are stated in the Bank statements.

The other alternative is to obtain a letter from the employer stating the wages paid to you. (The payslips issued by the employer already provide this fact any way.)

Pooya
Newly Registered

hsmp application sent on 28th December 2006

Post by Pooya » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:17 am

Hi Guys

I recieved my application result today.

It is refused.

I am preparing a new fresh application as soon as possible.

Do you want to know the reasons?
* I didn't put P60 form for "Tax Return", so they didn't accept my income at all -- 0 points
* Although I had put mY original degree certificate, they didn't accept it as 5 points for studying in the UK, they said you needed to have additionally a letter from your university saying that you have studied there, this reason was rediculous.
* I had put notarized copy of my passport for my birth certificate, but they didn't accept the reason to consider the exceptional considerations.

Please help me, I am going to make another fresh application:
* I will get the P60 form from my employer, then my salary will be approved
* I will obtain the formally translated page of my original birth certificate (Iran)

My questions:
* Do they acccept the formaly translated page of my original birth certificate at all? Is it acceptable it will be translated in Iran, orit should be translated in UK in a company?!
* Payslips should be signed and stamped?
* I have 1500 pounds Bonus in one of the months, should it be stated in the company letter as well?

Many thanks

Thanks