ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hua Ling
Newly Registered

Post by Hua Ling » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:09 pm

oakgreendub wrote:We are approaching 8 months now and I am now getting worried about our application. Can anyone recommend the best method of contacting UKBA which will actually let us find out where our application is stuck?

I called them on 0870 606 7766 a few weeks ago after the 6 month date passed and was told that "nothing has been sent out since biometrics" and that I would have to write to UKBA Reporting Center in Liverpool for any more information. Does anyone know if this is true and if it is worthwhile?

My wife is due to give birth in January and she wants to travel back to South Korea to give birth with her mother and sister nearby. I feel heartbroken that I can't give her this option. I am even considering to ask UKBA to just return her old passport and just apply for another Spousal Visa later. It's our worst nightmare.

Thank you Sheford for creating the spreadsheet: http://sdrv.ms/RvZWlC
I can see that there are 11 of us who applied in March still waiting. Because of the long wait we feel it will arrive any day now, but it doesn't.
I would personally contact your local MP,and also an immigration advisor. as this is nothing short of disgraceful,

What reason,have UKBA to hold up an application, IF they cant approve within 6 months,Why they cant give any decision?

Is the target time for this visa 6 months?

Sorry cant advise you anymore.

Best Wishes

Mike.

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:16 pm

thedesihunter wrote:
Hua Ling wrote:
nabil200131 wrote:My application details :

1. Date application posted: 22/06/12
2. Date application received at UKBA: 24/06/12
3. Date payment debited: 26/06/2012. Payment mode : DEBIT CARD
4. Acknowledgement letter received: 03/07/12 (Letter dated 27-06-12)
5. Biometric letter received: 18/08/12 Done same day
6. Status: Waiting

The UKBA acknowledged on Nov11th,2012 that for the week between 18June to 24th, 2012 : 761 SET(M) Applications were received by post. So far, 101 of them were answered ( taking an average of 73 calendar days) and 660 are still pending.
Thank you all for your posts it kept me informed but boys (and Girls) I hate waiting.
Thanks Nabil for your info.

Where is this letter Nabil?, does it say, how long for ,after biometrics taken?

I have just created a spreadsheet for June apps.(Leekybob is red, as its a ? if his docs are received)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/ilr.png/

17 applicants in June on this board.

6 approved - 11 outstanding.
got an update on my case from UKBA that it has not been assigned to a case worker yet :(
As you fall under the June applicants, could it be that they might not have assigned our applications to a case worker yet...?? If that is the case then it will be next year when we hear from them....

19eggs

Re: Delivery attempt - DX

Post by 19eggs » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Leekybob, mrsnzuki, benz710, Happyman and others congrats..now you all can so NOT look forward to Royal Mail....8) 8)
mrsnzuki wrote:I have had a letter from the Uk Border agency this morning..... My Husbands visa has been approved he now has indefinite leave to remain. 16 weeks in total. 8 weeks for biometrics and then 8 weeks now for his card. We had a missed delivery yesterday as noted previously from Dx which is arranged for tommorow.... This must be his residence permit. we had no documents to be returned because we went through the checking service.....

My heart goes out to all those who are still waiting.... For those that are genuine I hope you have swift delivery of your visas.....

Now im going to leap Billy elliott style across the room for a bit....
Leeky Bob best of luck looks like yours is through too...

thanks for all your support everyone...
Leekybob wrote:Mrs Nzuki I too have had a missed delivery today from DX!!! ...I believe this is it... I've rearranged for ours to be delivered to my work on Wednesday, plus I'm still collecting the 'Royal Mail signed for' packet Tuesday afternoon... I 'think' that they send the passports separately from the original documents, so someone can't illegal 'become you' if they get hold of that one packet... so I'm hoping that between those packages my wife and I will finally have our passports back with our documents plus finally her ILR!!!
If so.... I don't think it was that long a wait really....
:D
mrsnzuki wrote:Im now in a similar position to Leekybob we have had a missed delivery attempt today but ours was from DX? I am not expecting anything else to be delivered... This was the people that delivered my daughters passport recently so could this be it???? Anybody that has had there visa recently please let us know??? Its now being redelivered wednesday... fingers and toes crossed trying not to get our hopes up as this could mean we can take a trip home before I return to work soon..... No letter received.
Leekybob wrote:Yep, fingers crossed! Arranged to pick it up Tuesday so we'll see... Although I'm not holding my breath on it being the passports!

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Justiceseeker wrote:It seems that SET(M) applications are assessed quicker than SET(O).
Yes, it looks like so...

Leekybob
Newly Registered

Post by Leekybob » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Finally I can confirm that we've had our passports back and the confirmation letter that my wife's ILR has been approved after applying on the 26th June and biometrics taken 18th August. It's certainly a nice relief and weight off our shoulders. The envelope was sent via royal mail signed for and strangely had our address hand-written on the envelope from the Liverpool office... Maybe that's why it all takes so long... Wasting time hand-writing! Haha.It was attempted to be delivered Saturday 13th but we weren't in. The DX service who deliver the actual residence permit tried to deliver Monday but we've rearranged for tomorrow. All in all just under 16 weeks start to end. Might arrange a nice long weekend in Italy now before winter and our new arrival due in January :) ...great stuff!

Kam123
- thin ice -

Post by Kam123 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Congrats

Leekybob
Newly Registered

Post by Leekybob » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Finally I can confirm that we've had our passports back and the confirmation letter that my wife's ILR has been approved after applying on the 26th June and biometrics taken 18th August. It's certainly a nice relief and weight off our shoulders. The envelope was sent via royal mail signed for and strangely had our address hand-written on the envelope from the Liverpool office... Maybe that's why it all takes so long... Wasting time hand-writing! Haha.It was attempted to be delivered Saturday 13th but we weren't in. The DX service who deliver the actual residence permit tried to deliver Monday but we've rearranged for tomorrow. All in all just under 16 weeks start to end. Might arrange a nice long weekend in Italy now before winter and our new arrival due in January :) ...great stuff!

Kam123
- thin ice -

Post by Kam123 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:43 pm

My timeline for a postal application is as follows:

Application Type: - ILR(O) + 1 Dependant
Date sent: - 16/06/2012
Biometrics Done - 15/08/2012

Good luck to all who are waiting. Keep calm, it will eventually come through!

nabil200131
Newly Registered

Post by nabil200131 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Leekybob wrote:Finally I can confirm that we've had our passports back and the confirmation letter that my wife's ILR has been approved after applying on the 26th June and biometrics taken 18th August. It's certainly a nice relief and weight off our shoulders. The envelope was sent via royal mail signed for and strangely had our address hand-written on the envelope from the Liverpool office... Maybe that's why it all takes so long... Wasting time hand-writing! Haha.It was attempted to be delivered Saturday 13th but we weren't in. The DX service who deliver the actual residence permit tried to deliver Monday but we've rearranged for tomorrow. All in all just under 16 weeks start to end. Might arrange a nice long weekend in Italy now before winter and our new arrival due in January :) ...great stuff!
Congratulations . Good news and buon viaggio !

nabil200131
Newly Registered

Re: Just got my BRP! June 2012 applicant

Post by nabil200131 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Happyman wrote:Alhamdulillah!!

Hi all, I am a silent follower of this forum. Just got my BRP.
For all the June applicant :
Applied:14.06.12
Biometric letter received:10.08.12 done same day
BRP received:16.10.12,
Alhamdulillah!!

Hua Ling
Newly Registered

Post by Hua Ling » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Leekybob wrote:Finally I can confirm that we've had our passports back and the confirmation letter that my wife's ILR has been approved after applying on the 26th June and biometrics taken 18th August. It's certainly a nice relief and weight off our shoulders. The envelope was sent via royal mail signed for and strangely had our address hand-written on the envelope from the Liverpool office... Maybe that's why it all takes so long... Wasting time hand-writing! Haha.It was attempted to be delivered Saturday 13th but we weren't in. The DX service who deliver the actual residence permit tried to deliver Monday but we've rearranged for tomorrow. All in all just under 16 weeks start to end. Might arrange a nice long weekend in Italy now before winter and our new arrival due in January :) ...great stuff!
Nice one Leeky :D

Kam123
- thin ice -

Post by Kam123 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:24 pm

[quote="Leekybob"]Finally I can confirm that we've had our passports back and the confirmation letter that my wife's ILR has been approved after applying on the 26th June and biometrics taken 18th August. It's certainly a nice relief and weight off our shoulders. The envelope was sent via royal mail signed for and strangely had our address hand-written on the envelope from the Liverpool office... Maybe that's why it all takes so long... Wasting time hand-writing! Haha.It was attempted to be delivered Saturday 13th but we weren't in. The DX service who deliver the actual residence permit tried to deliver Monday but we've rearranged for tomorrow. All in all just under 16 weeks start to end. Might arrange a nice long weekend in Italy now before winter and our new arrival due in January :) ...great stuff![/quote]

Hi ,

could you kindly confirm whether you made an a set (o) application or set (m) please?

i gather from your posts that your wife applied through set (m)?

thanks

Leekybob
Newly Registered

Post by Leekybob » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:19 am

Yes - Set (M)
...originally when I was checking this forum months ago it seemed the Set (O) were quicker... but somehow it seems there's been a load of approvals all around this same current time for some reason... maybe they suddenly employed a load more staff due to everyone's complaints!?
Kam123 wrote:
Hi ,

could you kindly confirm whether you made an a set (o) application or set (m) please?

i gather from your posts that your wife applied through set (m)?

thanks

fsixteen

Post by fsixteen » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:16 am

Is anyone got a Biometric Invitation letter for SET(O) during July application

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 am

Please share your timeline for July, August and September applications.

SET (M)

applied through post on 19.09.2012
Application received by UKBA 21.09.2012
Payment gone from a/c on 24.09.2012
Acknowledgement letter received on 27.09.2012 dated 21.09.2012

dadageer
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dadageer » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:42 am

fsixteen wrote:Is anyone got a Biometric Invitation letter for SET(O) during July application
Not yet! applied 16/07
Not all those who wander are lost...

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:04 pm

Congrats!!
Have a holiday, you need it! (before the baby, I mean!)

nikon
Newly Registered

result

Post by nikon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:57 pm

today I got news from my legal consultant, ILR approved no documents received yet.

my current application:
application sent: 21/05/2012
biometric & done: 1/06/2012
ILR approved: 17/10/2012 (almost 22 weeks)
documents: waiting.

manish mehta
Newly Registered

Post by manish mehta » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:14 am

Applied 06/07/2012
Bio done 11/09/2012

angelsoul
Newly Registered

Post by angelsoul » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:17 am

Hello, anyone from April set(O) applicants have got the documents back? I still.waiting in two Weeks my 6 months will complete,, praying for all of us, with help of God this waiting game will be ended soon in a positive way.

pareshchop
Newly Registered

Post by pareshchop » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:47 am

fsixteen wrote:Is anyone got a Biometric Invitation letter for SET(O) during July application
Just received my biometric enrolment invitation, so u and other July set-o apps should receive yours as well.
Last edited by pareshchop on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hua Ling
Newly Registered

Post by Hua Ling » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Another week of waiting gone by,

Still no news.......... gutted to say the least.

UKBA state applications are done in date order, total BS, some people applied on SETM after my wife,and have had their decision.

nabil200131
Newly Registered

Post by nabil200131 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:54 pm

Hua Ling wrote:Another week of waiting gone by,

UKBA state applications are done in date order, total BS, some people applied on SETM after my wife,and have had their decision.
Same same from this end . Have no choice but waiting...

prince1108
Newly Registered

Post by prince1108 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Hua Ling wrote:Another week of waiting gone by,

Same here, I have applied on 14 June (set M) STILL WAITING and now geting frostrated...

Still living on good hopes !!!!1

leo_sangha

Post by leo_sangha » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:31 pm

dadageer wrote:
Not yet! applied 16/07
Not received invitation for BRP . I applied on 26th July by post. SET(O).
Is there anybody who got invitation for BRP ?