ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension - December 2006 Applicants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srjafri

Post by srjafri » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:26 pm

Hi

I applied for my HSMP extension on 11th December 2006 but still waiting for result.
I called HO today they told me that my application is under consideration and they are still working on backlog. I don't know whats going on.

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:20 pm

I recieved my passport back today . Got 4 years extension. I was on initial 1 year HSMP.

Sent Application: 18 Dec 2006
Refernece Letter Issued :19 Dec 2006
Received Reference Letter: 21 Dec 2006
Application Approved: 16 Jan 2007
Received Application: 18 Jan 2007
Extended until: Feb 2011

Total Points: 95
Qualification: 35
Earnings: 35
UK experience: 5

Best of luck to all the friends.

msb
Newly Registered

Post by msb » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:43 pm

Hi Sherlypk,

Can you please let us know what evidence u submitted for English language req?

Cheers
MSB

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:51 pm

I submitted the following 2 evidence

1) IELTS Report
2) Letter from Univ

Although, IELTS Report sufficient but since I have the Univ Letter as well so I sent them both.

Regards,

SherlyPk

HSMP MESS

APPROVED FLRHSMP

Post by HSMP MESS » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:34 pm

POSTED FOR EXTENSION 17TH DEC
GOT EXT 4YRS
RECEIVED PASSPORT BACK 20JAN

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:53 am

My friend's HSMP extension details:

Applied as self employed under translational arrangements of HSMP.

Appiled on: 28th Nov
Ref Rd on: 2nd Dec
Payment cleared by chq around: 5th Dec
Decision received: 10 Jan

Documents and passport are kept by HO.

Objection is that not enough evidences are provided to qualify under translational arrangement.... Also stated in the letter (standard sentence) that you can apply for work permit under transliatonal arrangements provided he has been working for the employer in skilled job for 8 months before applying.

(I was just wondering, if he is not eligbile to get benefit of transitional arrangment for work permit then why that para is added in refusal letter)

He was in doubt if it is possible to apply wp under tranlational arrangements because he applied as a self employed... and not working for employer for 8 months.... So there is a kind of contradicton in the refusal letter by HSMP team.

My friend arranged a skilled job in order to qualify for work permit under translitional arrangements of HSMP as advised in the refusal letter. So that he can apply for work permit. In order to confirm this he called HO to confirm if she can apply for work permit under transitional arrangement of HSMP. However, HO has clearly told that you can not apply for work permit under transitional arrangments as you need to be working for that employer for 8 months.

He contacted a local consultant in the London to ask for the advise. Consultant told that the only way out is Full Commercial work permit just like any other normal work permit procedure for any other overseas person.

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST: IS THERE ANY WAY OUT (ANY OTHER ROUTE) FOR THE APPLICANT TO STAY IN THE COUNTRY?

So it is quite clear:

If you apply as self employed under tranlational arrangement and your application is refused then there is no way out for staying in the country except applying for full normal work permit.

If you do not score 75 points and you have not been working for full 8 months for any employer then you are not entitled to apply for wp under translational arrangement.

So, the advice for all of you to have all possible outcomes in your mind before applying...

If you score 75 points then no problem you get extensionn.
If you do not score 75 points then you are eligible for transitonal route.. i.e
a) Apply for work permit (if you have been working for 8 months in a skilled job with an employer
b) Apply as self employed (if your application is refused for lack of evidences provided as mentioned in FLR(HSMP) form and guidance then your application is refused and there is no way out apart from applying a normal full commercial work permit as any other work permit.

Please give your thoughts and vieews on the above case........... All comments are welcome.

srjafri

HSMP Extension

Post by srjafri » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:54 am

Hi Everyone.

Does Anyone applied for HSMP Extension before 15th December 2006 and still waiting for decision?

ajani

Post by ajani » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:50 pm

Shockboy,
Have you received any information concerning your application? I understand you submitted on 28th December 2006, homeoffice is now processing applications received on 4th DEC.

Do you know if the timeline for Extension is same as for initial applications?

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:34 pm

they told me i should have decision/doco back this week sometime.

its not strictly processed by reference number / application date - but decisions in general seem to take a full calendar month...so thats why i havent been calling them everyday like most people.

HiMate

Regarding HSMP initial stamping

Post by HiMate » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:25 pm

Hi,

I got my passport stamped for 2 years. In the stamping it says Residence permit. Guys who got initial stamping please can you let me know whether your passport also stamped saying residence permit.

Please let me know..

Cheers
HiMate

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:57 pm

being the extension thread, and assuming you can read having passed the IELTS requirement...i have to ask:

you only got hsmp EXTENSION for 2 years ????????????

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:31 pm

28DEC2006 Sent FLR(HSMP)
29DEC2006 Sent some additional evidence (without reference number)
02JAN2007 Sent some additional evidence (without reference number)
04JAN2007 Received Payment Reference Number in post
04JAN2007 Sent some additional evidence (with payment reference number)
13JAN2007 LTR expired
22JAN2007 Called 01142076016, told it had been assigned to caseworker just that day
25JAN2007 Called 01142076016, told "decision has been made, documents are in mail". I asked if they were allowed to tell me result, they told me it was approved.
Documents were already in postbox when got home
13JAN2011 LTR will expire again

I never received any email communication

I am an IT contractor working through a limited company managed by umbrella company (cXc).
I am not a director of that limited company.
I am paid minimal PAYE income (the 2005/2006 P60 showed my income as 480 pounds only) :)
Rest of income paid as Dividends.
I stated on application form that the Limited company is my employer who is managed by the umbrella company.

Qualifications evidence (30points):
BSc (Ordinary) certificate, Flinders University of South Australia
BSc (Honours) certificate, Flinders University of South Australia
NARIC letter
Academic transcript

Previous Earnings (45points) (I claimed the 8 months 01APR2006-30NOV2006) evidence:
Original Bank statements from UK and Australian accounts for 8months
- on letterhead
- showing employer name on every transaction
- no stamp or signature from bank
- no exchange rate information
Payslips AND Dividend Vouchers for 8months
- all on black and white A4 paper
- rubber stamped with company name + address
- rubber stamped by director, and signed by director
Letter from Umbrella company stating total gross earnings for 8month period
Reconciliation from Umbrella company showing gross/net/tax paid for each of the 8 months
Letter from Contracting agency showing total amount (gross) invoiced for 8 months
Contracts showing my name, rate per hour, who my agent is, the umbrella company name
P60 for 2005/2006, even though it is not relevant to my 8month period
Tax return 2005/2006 signed by accountant, even though it is not relevant to my 8month period

I did NOT tick the tax return box on the application form. I stated exceptional circumstances as: "There is no P60/taxreturn for 2006/2007, so i cannot supply this until April 2007"

English requirement:
Letter from university, stating EXACTLY what guidance notes ask for, nothing more, nothing less

Covering Letter for application:
- Explaining my work situation (i.e. who the agency/umbrella company/limited company are etc)
- Asking for a 4year extension
- Stated employer name, contact name/address/phone number
- Stated agency name, contact name/address/phone number
- Stated university name, contact name/address/phone number

Age + UK experience = 15points
Total claimed = 90points (approval letter doesn't state points awarded)

Yes, i submitted additional evidence 3 times. Twice without reference number. Those 2 times i stated my Name, Nationality, Passport Number, Date of FLR(HSMP) application.
All evidence was returned to me together today, so reference number is NOT required to send in additional documentation.

Sorry for long post, just thought i would state everything to save any questions by people with similar working situations as me.
Last edited by shockboy2000 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:42 pm

Great News!! Congratulations Shockboy!!!

vasumahan
Newly Registered

PLZ URGENT REQUST FOR EVERYONE

Post by vasumahan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi shockboy i applied for by extention on dec25th got rejected due to reason that i haven't provided them my consecutive 8 months pay slips.i have claimed for march2006 to dec2006.in that i have left 2 of my payslips for april because i had unpaid absance which will reduce my earnings and i lost june payslip. so caseworker rejected me on this.and for english language requirment i have sent exacltely same letter as u did but as in 1999 there is a change in karnataka universites where all the engineering colleges need to come under visvaswaraya tecknologies but mine is gulburga university .the letter i got from my college has new letterhead states affliated to visvasvaraya university so,caseworker told he can't the letter because by bachlors degree says affliated to gulburga and letter says affliated to visvasvraya.so now what can i do in this situation.plz anybody suggest me........and they sent me a letter saying i can switch on to work permit but comapany will not do that for me.....plz suggest can i go to get review done for me..........

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:15 pm

Cheers JK.

Hello vasumahan

I am no expert, this is just my opinion (because you asked):

For the 8months, my understanding is that it must be 8 consecutive months.
Someone on this forum has said, for their INITIAL hsmp application, that they did not use consecutive 12 months - you will need to ask them what their reason/exceptional circumstance was that was accepted by HO.

If you lost the June payslip, why can you not get a replacement from the company?
i.e. if you get the June payslip, will you have enough income for 8 consecutive months even if you have $0 for april ?

Regarding the university situation:
I would email/call Home Office and ask them exactly what evidence they want to see for this situation. As you said, the Degree says one thing, your letter says another thing. Maybe you need a letter from the current university that better explains the situation - but you shouldn't be penalised for something that is out of your control.

I am not sure an appeal is any option for you - because you will need to send additional evidence to prove the university situation + missing payslip for June. Appeal can only be done on the evidence already sent in.

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:43 am

guys,

tell me one thing...if i get 2 yrs initial hsmp visa EC...
after 2 yrs, whats required to be submitted for extention...
i have MBA 35 points and english letter equivalent from my uni..and NARIC certificate..
apart from this, for earnings, we need to get 40 points..i think..if so, we need to earn around 36k pounds per annum..i think am not wrong..

so for extention after 2 yrs, do we need to submit the last 12 months payslips for extention or do we need to submit earnings proofs for all 2 yrs..

am not able to read all the posts...hence asking for simple advise...

pl advise

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:13 am

not to sound lazy, but best thing to do is download the Guidance notes for the FLR(HSMP) extension as it answers everything in 1 document.

as the current rules stand, you need 40points in addition to your 35 qualification points.
But you get 5 points for having earnt some $$$ in the UK and some points based on your age too.

You will need to earn minimum 20K, but that amount depends on your age.

Its just 12months you need to show earnings for, out of the 15months immediately before your date of application.