ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dsin

Post by Dsin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:10 pm

jessica11jessica wrote:
Hi there,

I've just checked the form we completed and it says 2.0.5 in the top right hand corner so I guess that's the version number? We completed this on the 10th June. We answered some questions first which amended the form to suit your application (ie; it didn't ask about us to prove our relationship as we had already done that at the fiance visa stage). We then had to fill in a few pages and yes, we got a printable PDF at the end of it which we posted off along with the payment receipt.

It looks like we had a different form to you but regadrless of that - how could you have completed the wrong form if it was an online application? Surely the links just lead you to the form and you complete it. You don't have an option to choose a 'wrong' version??

Keep us updated - I really hope you make some progress with your application. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you![/quote]

hi,

i noticed you applied on 10th June and i applied on 30 June. i cannot understand that how can you have 2.0.5 from the website while i found the 04/2012 from the UKBA website. this is a totally mess.[/quote]

Did you actually apply online? Did you complete the form online and then print it out or print it out and complete by hand? I was suggesting that the version numbers on the form might be different for the two different ways of completing the form.

As per my post to Roadmaster, the version number on our form was in the top right hand corner of the front page. Roadmaster applied after us but in the same way but has what appears to be an earlier version number. I don't know how this can be. I can only say what we have on our form.

Unfortunately only the UKBA has the answers :?

jessica11jessica
Newly Registered

Post by jessica11jessica » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 pm

thanks for the quick reply.#

actually i only download from internet and then hand fill in. therefore, it says version 04/2012 on the first page top right hand side.

i think you are right. now we can only wait. i have noticed some people applied on 11 June already got their passport back. so it wont be too long for us now :))

Dsin

Post by Dsin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:46 pm

jessica11jessica wrote:thanks for the quick reply.#

actually i only download from internet and then hand fill in. therefore, it says version 04/2012 on the first page top right hand side.

i think you are right. now we can only wait. i have noticed some people applied on 11 June already got their passport back. so it wont be too long for us now :))
Fingers crossed we all hear soon :D

ygy103
Newly Registered

flr application. help

Post by ygy103 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi.
I applied set (o) in march and my wife applied flr at the same time. She was a depentant before hand. Then both of our application came back because ukba said those applications were out of date. Since then my application re submitted with the correct form and so did my wife's. Now i am stilwaitinf for thedecision on my application. Since my application sent we had a baby girl in april.
I think i should hearing back from ukba about my application soon. can anyone advise me whether i should send my passport to ukba with a covering letter to support my wife 's application? Also, our baby needs dependent visa. Should this be seperate application? Waiting time is so long until hearing the decision. Id most grateful,if anyone give me some advis. I am lost.
Many thanks[/quote]

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:07 am

Phdswati wrote:I m another feb applicant and today I received a letter from UKBA asking for my original last degree and my partners passport. Seems like they have started working on feb application now.
Hey I am feb applicant too. If you dont mind can i ask you as you mentioned ukba is asking you for your original degree, is it because you are claiming exemption for english language requirement or some other reason?
If you wont like to share it as it is personal info then I will understand dont worry:)

Phdswati
Newly Registered

Post by Phdswati » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:08 am

Hello

Yes I have asked for exemption but I m very much qualified before my last degree so I don't think my exemption is based solely on my last degree. But I was on student visa for 6 years now and I had recently completed my degree and through this forum I cam to know that UKBA is definitely interested in your progress if you did a university or college here in uk. So when I got my degree officially, I just write UKBA a letter confirming that I have completed my degree , i didn't wanna give them my original as I m going through interviews so need it any way.
Hope this help

Skonky

To Jessica

Post by Skonky » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 am

In reply to Jessica

The new form Is 9/2012 because the rules changed in the ninth month

You filled in the correct for, 4/2012

Nothing to worry about because you applied before July 9th

Roadmaster
Newly Registered

Re: To Jessica

Post by Roadmaster » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:23 am

Skonky wrote:In reply to Jessica

Jessica - I agree with Skonky. Somehow the online application I completed on the 3rd July loaded the FLR (M) form dated October 2011. With the new forms released on the 6th April 2012 the UKBA only gives you 21 days after 6th April 2012 to use the forms released in October 2011. So if you submitted in June the April form was the current version at the time so you should be fine.

The battle is that you have no comeback with them about the incorrect version, even if you applied online on the UKBA website. They deem your application as invalid not refused, but you have to re-file and start all over again, after months of waiting.

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

Post by TnT-FreaK » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Dsin wrote:

Not to through a spanner in the works, but has anyone looked at the freedom of information (FOI) request at:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 05V1.0.pdf

The scary thing is that they have only processed 23% of May applications and the rest are still pending.

This is also the first time I've seen a formal acceptance from the UKBA that they are way far back in the queue and currently processing applications who sent their biometrics data in end of March ...

I'm a July applicant and reading these forums / FOI requests only depresses me...

jessica11jessica
Newly Registered

Re: To Jessica

Post by jessica11jessica » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Skonky wrote:In reply to Jessica

thanks Skonky and everyone who followed this topic. i will give another couple of weeks wait.

Dsin

Post by Dsin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:07 pm

TnT-FreaK wrote:
Dsin wrote:

Not to through a spanner in the works, but has anyone looked at the freedom of information (FOI) request at:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 05V1.0.pdf

The scary thing is that they have only processed 23% of May applications and the rest are still pending.

This is also the first time I've seen a formal acceptance from the UKBA that they are way far back in the queue and currently processing applications who sent their biometrics data in end of March ...

I'm a July applicant and reading these forums / FOI requests only depresses me...

The FOI request makes interesting reading (if a little depressing!). Some people who applied in late June are posting on here that they have received their visas already. Clearly this doesn't fit with the 'all applications are decided in date order' line that we keep hearing so its hard to know what to think.

It is depressing, you're right, but we are trying to remember that we will make it through and although waiting this long is ridiculous, time goes quickly and we'll have the visa before we know it.

Phdswati
Newly Registered

Post by Phdswati » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Dear. All

Thank you very much for your support throughout the most depressing time. I finally got a letter from UKBA confirming that I will receive my card in next 7 days. Here is my timeline once again
Applied on 27 feb
Biometric letter 16 march
Biometric done 27 march
More doc requested by UKBA 14 oct
Sent same day first class
Received my letter confirming my bpr 17 oct.

During the time I have written quite a few letters plus involved my mp but nothing worked. Hope everyone get their bpr soon. My case was very straight, married to British, have son of 2 years old who is British too. Been in uk for 6years. As a student visa and had completed my degree few months ago. Wish you all best of luck.

kid13

Post by kid13 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi All,

We also got our visa, and we were May applicants:

Application Sent: 22/05/2012
Ack. Letter Received: 06/06/2012 (Dated 31/05/2012)
Biometrics Letter Received with name mispelt: 15/06/2012 (Dated 11/06/2012)
Called asking them to rectify spelling: 20/06/12
Corrected Biometrics Letter Received: 22/06/12
Biometrics Taken: 27/06/12
Documents returned: 03/10/13
BRP received: 03/10/12

When I queried waits in September, I was told that they were still dealing with applications where biometrics had been given last November (don't know how true that was), and that we could guess how long we would be waiting... We asked for my husband's passport back (applicant) for ID purposes only (no travel allowed out of the country) - we needed to send it off to the DVLA because it is the only ID he has. We had no reason to think it would speed up the application, as I had needed my passport back for a new job a few weeks back, and it didn't affect the application.

We were shocked to finally get our visa decision, but happy the wait is finally over!! Thank you to everyone for posting their info here. The UKBA provides next to no information on anything. I am shocked how they can continue to claim applications are dealt with in date order, when it's blatantly not the case - I'm sure certain nationalities are bumped up the queue, as is evident by reading through these pages. On top of that, it's clear that Jan/Feb/Mar applicants are left languishing whereas July etc applicants get approved within mere weeks. I'm following a few FOI requests, and will be making a complaint to the UKBA. Suggest contacting Keith Vaz too.

kid13

Post by kid13 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Phdswati wrote:Dear. All

Thank you very much for your support throughout the most depressing time. I finally got a letter from UKBA confirming that I will receive my card in next 7 days. Here is my timeline once again
Applied on 27 feb
Biometric done 27 march

During the time I have written quite a few letters plus involved my mp but nothing worked. Hope everyone get their bpr soon. My case was very straight, married to British, have son of 2 years old who is British too. Been in uk for 6years. As a student visa and had completed my degree few months ago. Wish you all best of luck.
Congratulations Phdswati!!

FLR M waiting time

Post by 2222 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:35 pm

The latest update for my FLR M

FLR M applied on 27th February 2012
Payment out of the bank: 29th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric letter received on 16th March 2012
Biometric completed on 28th March 2012
Requested my partner’s passport: 10/10/2012
Partner’s passport received: 17/10/2012
Document return: still waiting!!!
Biometric card: still waiting!!!

Any February applicants are still waiting????

Merianz
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M waiting time

Post by Merianz » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:52 pm

At last i received my Flr(m)on saturday 13th october waiting for yy brp in 7 days.was along wait tho.i waited for exactly 8 months. Hope yhe rest of Feb will receive theres soon.All the best

LE80
Newly Registered

Post by LE80 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:53 am

Congratulations to all those receiving their visas!

Our biometrics appointment date was March 31st. It's nice to see people getting their visas but I don't know whether it's making me more hopeful or more worried!

ako
Newly Registered

Post by ako » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:23 am

LE80 - I'm in a similar position to you... my biometrics was completed on 30th March. I've given up on hoping as it only messes with your head

jummy
Newly Registered

FLR(M)

Post by jummy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm in a similar position to you. my biometrics was completed on 28th March. :(

kingishaussie
Newly Registered

Post by kingishaussie » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:24 am

Congratulations Swati. Yours and mine case is similar. So I think the applications are in order. Mine was last week and I applied on 22 Feb and week after you got.

Phdswati wrote:Dear. All

Applied on 27 feb
Biometric done 27 march

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:26 am

Hard to understand the criteria as im still waiting.
Im extremely happy for everyone who has received good news esp feb applicants as i m goin thru the same pain.
I hope i can join the feb applicant list soon, who recvd good news

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12
Date BRP received: waiting
Date Docs received: waiting

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4

FLR M waiting time

Post by 2222 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:45 am

Still no changes to my waiting time.

FLR M applied on: 27th February 2012
Payment out of the bank: 29th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric letter received on: 16th March 2012
Biometric completed on : 28th March 2012
Requested my partner’s passport: 10/10/2012
Partner’s passport received: 17/10/2012
Document return: still waiting!!!
Biometric card: still waiting!!!
[/b]

backagain

Post by backagain » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:24 pm

My UK wife called today to follow-up on the return of her passport and marriage cert. We requested the docs so she could travel for work. We requested on October 9 and they were sent by Royal Mail on October 18. We should have them tomorrow.

While talking with the UKBA person (who was very pleasant and as informed as she cold be), my wife asked some questions. The person affirmed that no FLR(M) visa applications are jumping the queue. All applications are processed in the order received. An applicant may obtain a visa by some other application form or process, but postal applications for FLR(M) are managed by date received. A caseworker is assigned a case and works on it to completion. If cases are rife with challenges, that can slow the process. That is no different than having to be patient standing at a customer service desk at any big box store with somebody at the front returning Umpteen items following Christmas sales.

As I cannot work under my fiance visa, I've given this a lot of thought over our nearly seven month. Apart from a MP supported request based on compassionate grounds, you cannot by any effort of your own speed your visa. There is no luck of the draw or Divine intervention. You are looking at a massive bureaucratic machine that is understaffed, overwhelmed, under resourced, and operating on an archaic filing system of paper trail documentation.

Until your file is sitting on the desk of a case worker the UKBA knows nothing except that your application is received, a biometric letter is sent, the file is sent to a casework unit, and where that file is physically located in the unit's filing system. When that magical moment when your file is assigned to a caseworker, then your status changes from some code that its received to one of actively being reviewed for a decision. I suspect that some of those applications probably take no more than an hour or so to decide. Other applications are much more complicated, thereby chugging a caseworker's progress to a near halted state.

Deal with the reality that those folks are doing the best they can under the conditions they have been dealt. You are trying to settle in a country that is in high demand among immigrants. That says something of the quality of life that this country offers. As hard as it is for my wife and I, we just have to be patient. At nearly 7 months....our wait is much closer to end than it was 6 months ago. We are on the downhill side of the wait.

finallydone12
Newly Registered

Post by finallydone12 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:42 pm

backagain wrote: The person affirmed that no FLR(M) visa applications are jumping the queue. All applications are processed in the order received. An applicant may obtain a visa by some other application form or process, but postal applications for FLR(M) are managed by date received. A caseworker is assigned a case and works on it to completion.
I am very sorry, and it is massively unfair, but this is just not true. My timeline:
Nationality: USA
Posted: end of May
Acknowledged: mid-June
Biometrics done: first week of July
Requested sponsor's passport: last week
Sponsor's passport received: yesterday
Documents returned: today
BRP: waiting

My British husband needed his passport back to travel for work, of course I am thrilled we received the approval but I do not think it's right that I have effectively jumped the queue. I can understand that when the applicant needs his/her passport returned for ID purposes, it is more efficient to just process the application. However very little needs to be done with the sponsor's passport than have a quick glance that the names/numbers match then take a photocopy.

My theory is the same as many on this board, your application is sitting in a box somewhere. When they are forced to dig it out and look at it, they can either put it back in the box when they are done, or assign it to a caseworker. I sadly suspect that my "good" previous visa, nationality, and the simplicity of the case meant that my file was assigned to a caseworker, whereas others are put back in the box. It has also been over 3 months since I did my biometrics, and the link someone posted awhile back mentioned that +3 months since biometrics=grounds for priority when documents are requested back (for some other kind of application!).

The fact that there ARE loopholes is what makes the process even more infuriating, I felt much better that I missed my best friend's wedding because I knew there were applicants from February who were also frustrated and had been waiting longer. But look at the FOIs, the numbers show that either there must be an awful lot of people with compassionate reasons, or they aren't entirely processing in date order.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:00 pm

@finallydone12 Thank you for your information. I submitted my application end of June but i can't remember the exact date because i could not find my letter. How did you request for your passport because my wife will be travelling in December and she has been disturbing me to request for it for sometime but i just couldn't be bother but i need to do it because December will soon come. Did you request for it on the phone or online.

Thank you