ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is UK born child need Indian passport for applying BC(MN1)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

babysmith
Newly Registered

Is UK born child need Indian passport for applying BC(MN1)

Post by babysmith » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi

I have a query regarding naturalisation of my kids through MN1. I'm on Tier1 visa and due to get my Indefinite Leave to Remain on Feb. 2013. I'm planning to apply indefinite Leave to remain only for me and my Husband. I have two kids, both are born in uk. Elder one is 3 years old and younger one is only 5 week old. Elder one has Indian passport and Tier 1 dependent visa. But for my younger one I haven't applied Indian passport till now. My query is that do my younger one need Indian passport for applying naturalisation through MN1? or she can take without passport? Are both my kids eligible to apply for naturalisation through MN1 after I get indefinite Leave to Remain?

Waiting for your reply.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:06 am

Minors apply for registration, not naturalisation.
Reading the MN1 form and guide will help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

MSR75
Newly Registered

Post by MSR75 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:54 am

You do not need Indian passport for your daughter to register her BC.

I had a similar case like you. My son is born in the UK in Dec 2011. I never even registered him with Indian Mission for his Indian Citizenship. Therefore he did not have Indian Citizenship and Indian passport.

I applied for ILR only for myself and my wife in April 2012 and once we got our ILR in Aug 2012, I applied for my Son's BC registration in Sep 2012 and got his registration certificate on 13/10/2012.

The only word of caution here is that if you have not registered her with Indian Mission then you cannot call her and Indian Citizen and cannot specify "Indian" in Current Nationality question in form MN1. I spoke to UKBA and they advised me to write "No Nationality" in that question as he has a UK birth certificate.

As both your kids are UK born so they will be registered and not naturalized.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers

yallow

Post by yallow » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:09 pm

If she didn't travel abroad she doesn't need to show her passport.

babysmith
Newly Registered

Post by babysmith » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:06 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Minors apply for registration, not naturalisation.
Reading the MN1 form and guide will help.
Thanks....I've checked MN1

babysmith
Newly Registered

Post by babysmith » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:07 pm

MSR75 wrote:You do not need Indian passport for your daughter to register her BC.

I had a similar case like you. My son is born in the UK in Dec 2011. I never even registered him with Indian Mission for his Indian Citizenship. Therefore he did not have Indian Citizenship and Indian passport.

I applied for ILR only for myself and my wife in April 2012 and once we got our ILR in Aug 2012, I applied for my Son's BC registration in Sep 2012 and got his registration certificate on 13/10/2012.

The only word of caution here is that if you have not registered her with Indian Mission then you cannot call her and Indian Citizen and cannot specify "Indian" in Current Nationality question in form MN1. I spoke to UKBA and they advised me to write "No Nationality" in that question as he has a UK birth certificate.

As both your kids are UK born so they will be registered and not naturalized.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers

Thanks very much for your info...

babysmith
Newly Registered

Post by babysmith » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:09 pm

yallow wrote:If she didn't travel abroad she doesn't need to show her passport.
okie...we r not planning to go abroad now.