ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply Tier 1 Extension via solicitor?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sezzoh
Newly Registered

Apply Tier 1 Extension via solicitor?

Post by Sezzoh » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:50 am

Hi,

i need opinions please.

I've got a PEO appointment for Tier 1 General extension.
Is it a good idea to go through a solicitor? they cannot attend the appointment with myself as I've arranged the appointment, but they can ensure i cover all the requirements and get a cover letter.
It's obviously a bit more costly, but I don't care to be honest.

Is it a good idea to go via solicitor or are the PEO office perception of going via solicitor might be worse? I just wanted to make it as 'bullet proof' as i can if that makes sense.

Thanks!

santhoap

Post by santhoap » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:59 am

As for as I know UK immigration applications are in simple english and detailed. Also this forum is excellent in supporting you. If you think your case is quite complicated then go ahead.

Sezzoh
Newly Registered

Post by Sezzoh » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks for this.

Well I'm a contractor via umbrella company - so they told me 'you're our full time perm employee'.
So the application is fairly straight forward - i just got difficulty getting tier 1 initial application that got me paranoid to be honest.