ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW job and wait for TIER 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

golekipro

NEW job and wait for TIER 1 Extension

Post by golekipro » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:16 pm

I have applied for tier1 extension for 3 years in september2012. In the meantime i got a new job. all i got from UKBA is acknowledgement letter. I am joining on 1november. My new employer asked me to present passport and visa on the day of joining. can i present my letter of acknowledgement or biometrics letter only?

jonbca

Post by jonbca » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:28 pm

If you have some other form of ID (a national insurance card and driving licence, e.g.) you could use these to satisfy your employer of your identity.

You should also show them a photocopy of your bio data page from your passport, your old residence permit, and the original letter from the Border Agency acknowledging your application, and the biometrics letter if you have it.

The Border Agency operates an "Employer checking service" that the employer can use to establish your right to work in the UK based on a pending application.

The form is here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... equestform

More details on the ECS is here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... pport/ecs/

golekipro

Post by golekipro » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:47 pm

Thank you very much it is really great reply. thanks for your time