ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone with ILR and Single person discount?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

p2kin

Anyone with ILR and Single person discount?

Post by p2kin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:56 pm

I read posts that Council Tax Single person discount is not counted towards public fund benefits, but still I want to know if anyone who really has claimed single person discount ever in his tenure was able to get ILR?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:08 pm

The single person discount for Council Tax isn't a Public Fund. Claiming as a single person however, when there are other occupants could well affect an ILR application. If you're entitled to claim the discount then this will have no adverse affect on your ILR application as this would be a fraudulent claim.
Here's a link to the official list. Note that 'Council tax benefit' is not the same as 'single person discount'
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Casa wrote:The single person discount for Council Tax isn't a Public Fund. Claiming as a single person however, when there are other occupants could well affect an ILR application. If you're entitled to claim the discount then this will have no adverse affect on your ILR application as this would be a fraudulent claim.
Here's a link to the official list. Note that 'Council tax benefit' is not the same as 'single person discount'
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Thanks for your reply Casa, I saw your reply & above link in other post too. Document in that link lists "what can be counted as public fund" & absence of "single person discount" in that list makes case stronger, however I wanted to see if anyone who claimed discount did actually get ILR..

And yes I'm being honest in claiming this discount, I used this discount just for 3 months when I was living alone... I can prove that with wife's immigration stamp if required.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:06 pm

i use to claim SPD when I use to live alone. no issues as long as you are single person in the house

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:53 pm

innocentdevil wrote:i use to claim SPD when I use to live alone. no issues as long as you are single person in the house
cheers innocentdevil!!!