ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamransh
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamransh » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:34 am

A big thank you to the forum and its members. I have finally received my RC yesterday.

Here is my timeline:
EEA 1 and 2 sent: June 29
HO recvd applications: July 02
Requested Passport for wife (EEA): 9 July
Received Passport, registration card and COA: issued 12th July - received 23rd July
Sent a letter to request RC due to work travel (also attached a letter from my employer): 24th September
Sent a follow up letter: 8th October
RC received: 16th Oct (issued 5th Oct)

It took me around 3 1/2 months.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

craxy1102

Re: gud luck

Post by craxy1102 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:05 pm

azdjani2012 wrote:
craxy1102 wrote:
ruben7 wrote:Yayyy congrats CRAXY !!! Very happy for you... :-)
Thanks a lot ruben. It really is a very stressful time :)

wow gud to hear ya got too, u and me just had 1 day difference, now wait for RC, hope soon will be here
Another 2-3 weeks for the RC you reckon?
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

Petite_souris
Newly Registered

EEA2 waiting times

Post by Petite_souris » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I found this forum to be very helpful when I was eagerly waiting for a COA for my mother. We applied on the EEA2 form for her as a dependant family member in ascending line of a EU citizen, i.e. my French husband. I anticipated there could be delays and possibly refusal as we had 3 refusals and won an appeal in the past to bring her into UK on a 6-month EEA family permit. But fortunately, she was issued with a RC after 4-months of waiting.

I called UKBA twice to ask about COA, first time after 6 weeks of waiting and was told to wait another 6 weeks before calling again. Then I rang beginning of September and was told that her application was received but is currently being checked for completness, something like that.

Here is her timeline:

Application EEA2 sent 07/06/2012
Application received by Home Office 08/06/2012
COA issued 17/09/2012, received 21/09/2012
RC issued 26/09/12 and received 05/10/2012 in pre-paid special delivery envelope

mar100
Newly Registered

COA received

Post by mar100 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi everyone,
today my husband received COA.
Here is our timeline:
EEA1,EEA2 sent on 29/8/2012
Application received by Home Office 30/08/2012
COA issued 12/10/2012, received 18/10/2012
Registration card and RC waiting...

We never call them so I didn't expect to receive COA so soon.
I am happy but I wonder they didnt have to send COA together with Registration card ?

DennisB
Newly Registered

Timeline.. still waiting for FC

Post by DennisB » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I've enjoyed, if that's the word, following your progress.
My wife is still waiting for her RC and both our passports, since sending our application almost 5 months ago. surinder singh case.

Here is our timeline, thus far:
Applied 23rd May (arrived shortly after)
Received COA end of August, dated: 20 August (with right to work)
RC & passports: still waiting.

Called today, as we have to move out, end of November - just as the 6 month period ends. So that's worrying, plus we are desperate to visit family abroad this Christmas, so nerves are on edge. called 0845 010 5200 for info on the status of our application and how to change our address with them.

They knew nothing about our application, he said they take 6 months generally, and that they don't have information on any cases until the 6 months have passed. As for the address change, he recommended a link, and posting a new SAE, as apparently they might just ignore the message to change address, or just send it 2nd class (note, I did send an SAE in the first place, for my current address).

Well I was wondering if any other May applicants had any information to compare.

And does anyone know if changing address has any other unforeseen consequences, like another excuse to delay processing and sending back the residence card!

Sorry if that's not all relevant to this topic, but my main intention is to share my timeline and see if there are any other May applicants on here that I've missed.

Good luck everyone and thank you!

DennisB
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline.. still waiting for FC

Post by DennisB » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:13 pm

DennisB wrote:Hi everyone,

My wife is still waiting for her RC and both our passports, since sending our application almost 5 months ago. surinder singh case.

Called today, as we have to move out, end of November - just as the 6 month period ends. So that's worrying, plus we are desperate to visit family abroad this Christmas, so nerves are on edge. called 0845 010 5200 for info on the status of our application and how to change our address with them.

They knew nothing about our application, he said they take 6 months generally, and that they don't have information on any cases until the 6 months have passed. As for the address change, he recommended a link, and posting a new SAE, as apparently they might just ignore the message to change address, or just send it 2nd class (note, I did send an SAE in the first place, for my current address).

Well I was wondering if any other May applicants had any information to compare.

And does anyone know if changing address has any other unforeseen consequences, like another excuse to delay processing and sending back the residence card!

Sorry if that's not all relevant to this topic, but my main intention is to share my timeline and see if there are any other May applicants on here that I've missed.

I got forgot to add - any tips one getting the RC sooner rather than later? Or finding our where it is?

Thanks

Mr. Ali

My Timeline

Post by Mr. Ali » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi Everyone

I have applied for EEA 2 on the basis of ECJ Surinder Singh Ruling. I have a Residence card issued by the Irish Immigration.

My timeline is

EEA2 application sent 21/09/2012
H.O Received 24/09/2012

COA Waiting
RC Waiting

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:11 pm

I am afraid I dont know much about the Surinder Singh case. :( sorry...
===================

el_fer
Newly Registered

Post by el_fer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:22 pm

That´s the CoA´s week!. I have received mine yesterday. I think there was a big jam with July/August applications. Congratulations!

Mr. Ali

Surinder Singh Case

Post by Mr. Ali » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks Craxy1102

I just want to share my timeline on this forum.

craxy1102

Re: Surinder Singh Case

Post by craxy1102 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Mr. Ali wrote:Thanks Craxy1102

I just want to share my timeline on this forum.
ahh ok , all the best to u :) I was actually responding to DennisB ...can you help him?
===================

Post by 1878 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:32 pm

My wife got her COA on tuesday, dated 11 October.

Hope her RC will come soon. Need to travel for Christmas.

Mr. Ali

RC

Post by Mr. Ali » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi DennisB

I believe there is nothing you can do but wait until the 6 month period is over. And i hope you will get the RC and your passports before November. But the last date of the 6 month period would be 23rd November. I believe then only you can make complain against them in the European Complaints body. But i suggest send them a letter with your travel planes and don't forget to mention that 6 month time is getting closer.

All the best.

DennisB
Newly Registered

Re: RC

Post by DennisB » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Mr. Ali wrote:Hi DennisB

I believe there is nothing you can do but wait until the 6 month period is over. And i hope you will get the RC and your passports before November. But the last date of the 6 month period would be 23rd November. I believe then only you can make complain against them in the European Complaints body. But i suggest send them a letter with your travel planes and don't forget to mention that 6 month time is getting closer.

All the best.
Thank you Mr. Ali! I think you're right. I'm afraid to get into changing my address yet. But I might sent up that post forwarding service with the post office.

Fingers crossed!

DennisB
Newly Registered

Post by DennisB » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:20 pm

craxy1102 wrote:I am afraid I dont know much about the Surinder Singh case. :( sorry...
no worries! Thanks for replying

ruben7
Newly Registered

el_fer

Post by ruben7 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Congratulations on the COA :-) you and I applied on very similar dates, let's hope to get the RC soon !!

topixtrader
Newly Registered

Post by topixtrader » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Hey Dennis

I'm in a similar situation, we moved to a new flat and we changed the address on the UKBA website and we don't know if they are going to send it to the new address. I'm checking the Royal Mail tracking code every day to see if it got activated.

Our timeline:
EEA2 Application: 8th May
EEA2 Arrival: 9th May
COA with right to work: 20th Aug
RC: outstanding

Let's face it, they can look-up the case status if they want to. On a lucky day with the right person on the phone, some forum members got an update. However, if they do it each time, everyone would call them every week asking for the status.

It would be interesting to know from those who already received their RC, if UKBA sends out an email when the case is decided. There was a dedicated field on the EEA2 form to provide your email address.

UKBA could reduce their call volume probably by 90% if they simply send out email updates for every process step. Nobody would call them any more.

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:05 pm

topixtrader wrote:Hey Dennis

I'm in a similar situation, we moved to a new flat and we changed the address on the UKBA website and we don't know if they are going to send it to the new address. I'm checking the Royal Mail tracking code every day to see if it got activated.

Our timeline:

Let's face it, they can look-up the case status if they want to. On a lucky day with the right person on the phone, some forum members got an update. However, if they do it each time, everyone would call them every week asking for the status.

It would be interesting to know from those who already received their RC, if UKBA sends out an email when the case is decided. There was a dedicated field on the EEA2 form to provide your email address.

UKBA could reduce their call volume probably by 90% if they simply send out email updates for every process step. Nobody would call them any more.

just to be on the safe side, I suggest you could request a "Royal Mail redirection" service ,

https://www.royalmail.com/delivery/inbo ... directions

I don't know if you can do it "after" you moved, but it might be a good idea in case the UKBA does not update your address details.
===================

topixtrader
Newly Registered

Post by topixtrader » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:18 pm

I did and so far I haven't received any redirected mail ... Royal Mail and UKBA play in the same league ...
craxy1102 wrote:
topixtrader wrote:Hey Dennis

Our timeline:

just to be on the safe side, I suggest you could request a "Royal Mail redirection" service ,

https://www.royalmail.com/delivery/inbo ... directions

I don't know if you can do it "after" you moved, but it might be a good idea in case the UKBA does not update your address details.

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:20 pm

topixtrader wrote:I did and so far I haven't received any redirected mail ... Royal Mail and UKBA play in the same league ...
Oh maaaan! :(
===================

Ati
Newly Registered

Post by Ati » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:46 pm

eea2 sent 21 august 2012
coa ....received on 18 october
rc.../////??????
best of luck every one...

waki

Post by waki » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Received my COA today with the right to work and an appointment for NI was immediately made.I will appreciate any suggestion or advise in this regard.Secondly,No refference was made to my wife's eea1 application which i submitted with my Eea2 application.Any idea with the procedure please?

Best of luck to everyone!!!
Last edited by waki on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

cancerionn11

Post by cancerionn11 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Hi#
Is there anybody who has recieved from may applications.

Post by 1878 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:11 pm

What does receiving a COA actually mean? I reckon it is a good sign but why are apps being rejected after receiving COA?

Egyptian lover

i wonder why!!

Post by Egyptian lover » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:13 pm

1878 wrote:What does receiving a COA actually mean? I reckon it is a good sign but why are apps being rejected after receiving COA?

i wonder why!!
Application sent : 18/10/12
received : 19/10/12
COA received : 21/10/12 ( with right to work)
Passport requested 9/3/13.
Passport received with RC 3/4/2012
(RC issued 15/3/13 , Letter dated 27/3/13)