ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant's maintenance fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amy_le
Newly Registered

Dependant's maintenance fund

Post by Amy_le » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi, I'm applying for my extension of stay as a Tier 1(general) dependant after my husband has got his visa granted.

He has been in the UK for 9 years, and I have been here for 5 years.

I just have a question about the maintenance's fund, as UKBA stated on their website:

'If the main Tier 1 (General) applicant or migrant has been in the UK for less than 12 months, you must show that you or they have at least £1,600 to support you, in addition to the funds needed to support them.

If the main applicant or migrant has been in the UK for 12 months or more, you or they must have at least £533 to support you'

Obviously my husband has been in the UK for more than 12 months however he has just been visiting our home country in December 2011 for 1 month and then come back to the UK. Will that trip make him 'presents in the UK for less than 12 months' ? I'm a little confused here.

Thanks in advance for your help !

[/b]

uday2509

Re: Dependant's maintenance fund

Post by uday2509 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Amy_le wrote:Hi, I'm applying for my extension of stay as a Tier 1(general) dependant after my husband has got his visa granted.

He has been in the UK for 9 years, and I have been here for 5 years.

I just have a question about the maintenance's fund, as UKBA stated on their website:

'If the main Tier 1 (General) applicant or migrant has been in the UK for less than 12 months, you must show that you or they have at least £1,600 to support you, in addition to the funds needed to support them.

If the main applicant or migrant has been in the UK for 12 months or more, you or they must have at least £533 to support you'

Obviously my husband has been in the UK for more than 12 months however he has just been visiting our home country in December 2011 for 1 month and then come back to the UK. Will that trip make him 'presents in the UK for less than 12 months' ? I'm a little confused here.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Hey,

As far as i know its absolutely fine, you can still apply as an applicant more than 12 months been in the UK.

A small correction its not £533 any more, its been changed to 600£ since June 2012.

Thanks,
Uday

[/b]

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Dependant's maintenance fund

Post by prisat » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 am

Amy_le wrote:

If iam not wrong, this 12 months is the total length of stay irrespective of the any short breaks, one should have stayed atleast 12 months continuously or may be with breaks with atleast 12 months stay within UK excluding travel outside UK.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.