ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant_application_confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sekar_gm
Newly Registered

Dependant_application_confusion

Post by sekar_gm » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:17 pm

hi all,

I had my ILR last year and applied for citizenzenship 01/aug/12 via NCS, payment taken on 08/08/12, but still awaiting for the outcome.

In the mean time i want to apply dependant Visa for my wife(married abroad- got marriage certificate), currently in Tier-1 expiring march2013.
Got a baby now aswell. still my wifes urname is not changed in her indian passport.

i though of applying after citizenship as it would be only one fees.

i heard that if i need to apply depandant visa is it true that my wife need to leave the country, even though she has been in the country for the past 4-years.

Please advice what would be the best way to apply without leaving the country.
Shall i wait till my passport or could i apply after the ceremony with the certificate if i got my approval

Do i need to register my marriage here even though i done abroad.

Do i need to include my name in my wife's passport before i apply.

I know its bit of confusion please hep me out

Dhan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:37 pm

FLR(M) from within UK anytime between now and March 2013 (the earlier the better).
No.
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sekar_gm
Newly Registered

shall i wait for my citizenship and apply

Post by sekar_gm » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Can i apply for my dependant visa after the ceremony with the certificate if i got my approval.

if i apply now as ILR dependant, i am planning to surrender my indian nationality as soon as i receive the british passport in that case do i need to apply dependant because of my citizenship changes

i would like to be sure before i apply thats why my questions are bit a kind of repetitive

many thnx
dhan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:03 am

Leave to remain as spouse of a settled person is the same as leave to remain as spouse of British citizen - FLR(M). So, nothing will change if she applies now and you acquire British citizenship after such an application.
The earlier she applies the earlier she may become eligible for settlement herself.

sekar_gm
Newly Registered

final question

Post by sekar_gm » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:40 pm

i got my naturalization approved today,

as advised, i have started preparing documents for my spouse dependent visa,

in Regs to my new born child, do i need to include as dependent or as automatically he acquires British citizenship as he is born here whilst i in ILR.

Please let me know

kind regards
Dhan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:47 am

If the child was born in the UK and either parent had settled status at the time of birth of the child, then the child is British by birth.