ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ali141
Newly Registered

Rejection

Post by Ali141 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Once it starts messing with my head I will end up not doing it and causing a whole lot of problems for everyone including myself so I would rather sort it out before I get to that stage

Thanks

Ismail_Asghar

Post by Ismail_Asghar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:35 pm

Guys,

Just a quick question.

Seeing as next week is Eid does any1 know what updates/Decisions will be made by Gerrys/BHC.

I'm sure Pakistan will have at least a 3-5 days holiday.

whoesnext

Post by whoesnext » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Ali i think its administrative review that your solicitor is talking about but its only available for point based visa categories like (tier 1-5) so you have to go through the tiring appeal process.......I think king2b will guide you better dont get panic he l reply soon....:D

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Ali, only those who have applied under the points based system can opt for a review:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... o/appeals/

Shah12

Post by Shah12 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:57 pm

:( no change in status

Alyzah
BANNED

Post by Alyzah » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Ali brother, I am sorry your visa got refused and pray that everything gets sorted for you
Application submitted at Islamabad 28/06/12
Forwarded to BHC 12/07/12
Please remember me in your duas Insh'ALLAH

Patience is very healing...

ammar91

Post by ammar91 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:30 pm

hi friends dont worry about proccessing times my friend is working in gerry office and he has told me now the early june applicants are getting replies an british high comission has decided to speed up proccessing times and in the end of the november or starting of december they will again set proccessing time 3 months so dont worry its 100% true they are speeding up there proccessing times the applicants who applied before 15 june they will get there responce before this eid so dont u worry guys and chill up everything will b oright
I hope your friend is right and not just getting our hopes up. That would mean my wife will get a reply before next Friday insha'allah.

Ali- Try to relax and discuss it with someone who knows what to do. Don't do anything too rash. I can understand how hard it must be for you.

App- 08/06/12
Reply- Well according to shahbazahmed779's friend, then before Friday insha'allah.

amjidkhan
Newly Registered

Post by amjidkhan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Visa was granted today, got the reply in 4 1/2 months which I thought was pretty quick compared to some people on here.

Hope everyone else gets theirs sorted soon.

Shah12

Post by Shah12 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:29 pm

ammar91 wrote:
A letter from a lawyer is usually not enough. You need to actually provide the title deed from the local land registry office. If you have sent a copy of the title deed or an original version with your lawyer's letter, you'll be fine.
Is a mortgage statement sufficient?

Please clarify as I'm getting a bit worried. :?
What if i included a transfer of Title Deeds from my parent's name to my name from my local solicitor and i am a joint owner of the property is that sufficient for a spouse visa?

HKamy20
- thin ice -

Some advice & Karachi applicants

Post by HKamy20 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Asalaam u Alaykum everyone

How are you? Mubarak to all those who have received their visas. May Allah Bless your marriage and for all those who are still waiting ..

My wife applied in Karachi on 6th July,
Under processing at BHC on 20 July..
No update since..

However messaging ppl to ask about contacting my local mp about my Wifes application...is it a good thing to do? a very serious incident is making me think about asking mp about our application..

1 reson is cos young man got shot nr Wifes home.he only lives two doors away...

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:10 am

Walaikum salam brother, no harm in getting in touch with your MP.
I contacted my MP at 13 weeks and still waiting to hear back. You never know, you may be lucky. Some MPs only get a standard answer from UKBA, others get a progress report. No harm, go and get in touch with your MP and good luck :)
Last edited by Shazia1104 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Applied at Islamabad: 25/06/2012
Under process at BHC: 09/07/2012

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:21 am

ammar91 wrote:Is a mortgage statement sufficient?

Please clarify as I'm getting a bit worried. :?
Yes it is, a mortgage statement is an official documentation which would prove that portion of your application.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: Rejection

Post by king2be98 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 am

Ali141 wrote:My Solicitor said I have 2 options - one of which is a review.

Alternatively to lodge an appeal - What is the difference can anyone help whichever takes the least time to be honest, not so much to get the wife over but these kind of things tend to irritate me and I get wound up.
Depends on the type of application you made. Was is Settlement or a points based application? If settlement, then the ECM review is a part of the appeal process. If it's points based I believe you have the option of both.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 am

Shah12 wrote:What if i included a transfer of Title Deeds from my parent's name to my name from my local solicitor and i am a joint owner of the property is that sufficient for a spouse visa?

If the transfer was done purely for the application then it may look suspicious to the ECO, however if it was done a while ago, provided your down as a name on the title deed and there is sufficient space in the property (proved through a housing inspection report) then you'll be fine.

I must keep stating, ECOs have shown time and again they can and will refuse on reasons which they shouldn't. Sometimes you comfortably meet a certain criteria and they still refuse.

Shah12

Post by Shah12 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:53 am

king2be98 wrote:
Shah12 wrote:What if i included a transfer of Title Deeds from my parent's name to my name from my local solicitor and i am a joint owner of the property is that sufficient for a spouse visa?

If the transfer was done purely for the application then it may look suspicious to the ECO, however if it was done a while ago, provided your down as a name on the title deed and there is sufficient space in the property (proved through a housing inspection report) then you'll be fine.

It was done a while ago. The ECO are therefore using subjectivity rather than objectivity and therefore are unfit for their roles.

HKamy20
- thin ice -

Post by HKamy20 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:15 am

Shazia1104 wrote:Walaikum salam brother, no harm in getting in touch with your MP.
I contacted my MP at 13 weeks and still waiting to hear back. You never know, you may be lucky. Some MPs only get a standard answer from UKBA, others get a progress report. No harm, go and get in touch with your MP and good luck :)

Jummah Mubarak to everyone

Okay. I have contacted them before and i got the update that its in some pile not even been looked at; which was at 2months. Then i got another answer about 10days ago saying the same as someone mentioned here earlier that they have hired people to speed up the process. My Wife is finding it very difficult at the moment particlularly with recent events..hmm..
Okay I'm going to speak to my manager to contact them on my behalf this time.

JazakAllah

Asalaam U Alaykum

som1984

Post by som1984 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:23 am

HKamy20 wrote:
Shazia1104 wrote:Walaikum salam brother, no harm in getting in touch with your MP.

Jummah Mubarak to everyone

Okay. I have contacted them before and i got the update that its in some pile not even been looked at; which was at 2months. Then i got another answer about 10days ago saying the same as someone mentioned here earlier that they have hired people to speed up the process. My Wife is finding it very difficult at the moment particlularly with recent events..hmm..
Okay I'm going to speak to my manager to contact them on my behalf this time.

JazakAllah

Asalaam U Alaykum
what email address do you contact them on?

Shazia1104
BANNED

hi

Post by Shazia1104 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:28 am

You need to find your MP, everyone's MP is different based on where your live. Just type in google "find my MP" and your post code!
Applied at Islamabad: 25/06/2012
Under process at BHC: 09/07/2012

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:29 am

i went to see my MP on saturday last week. Hopefully i will here fronm his office next week sometime.

laiba85
Newly Registered

Post by laiba85 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:35 am

Hi

Can someone update the timeline please

aa786
Newly Registered

Post by aa786 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:42 am

Scottishraja wrote:RFC RECIEVED

Your application is ready for collection. PLease visit the UK visa application centre where you subm,itted your visa application to callect the same 18/10/2012

Missus going up tomorrow

Applied 14/05/2012 in Islamabad

Employer not been contacted or me or missus...............very worried

Insallah good news :? :? :o :( :) :D :shock:
dont worry bro i am self emplyed too and i was contacted at all

angelkhan

Reply ?

Post by angelkhan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:00 am

Anyone hu has applied at the end of may eg near enough 22nd nd processing started in June 2nd gt any reply yt really stressed I applied on the 22 nd of may nd it went under process on the 2nd of June it's been 100 wrking days today in the 19th of October nd 20 weeks plz let me knw thank congrats everyone hu has been granted a visa nd congrats samiyla really happy 4 u nd thanks alot for the help nd support will always remember u in my prays nd all ov the rest of my brothers nd sisters on her and even the rest huhave applied best wishes

HKamy20
- thin ice -

Post by HKamy20 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:45 am

I have been emailing the Local MPs secretary whose been in touch with the UKBA.

My cousin and manager suggested it would be good idea to use the employer to speak on my behalf to emphasise the negative impact the delay is having on me.

So my manager is looking into it. (i work in NHS so he has to ask at HR etc).

aisha21
- thin ice -

Post by aisha21 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 am

amjidkhan wrote:Visa was granted today, got the reply in 4 1/2 months which I thought was pretty quick compared to some people on here.

Hope everyone else gets theirs sorted soon.
Congratulations! :) Remember us in your duas.

Inshallah the rest of us will hear some good news soon.

ammar91

Post by ammar91 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 am

Come on Scottishraja, give us some good news!!!

App- 08/06/12
Reply- Well according to shahbazahmed779's friend, then before next Friday insha'allah.