ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

just married US citizen in US on visa waiver???

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrrobotic
Newly Registered

just married US citizen in US on visa waiver???

Post by mrrobotic » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:55 am

Hi,

I have just married my girlfriend of 4 years whilst here visiting her in the US. We have been going backwards and forwards for what seem like an eternity. I am from the UK and only entered on the VWP, we are just filing the I-130 and after reading alot of info on this site and others I am now confused as to the probability of staying and settling here in the US?

What can we expect and what timescales are we looking at? We are in Nevada. One of the reasons i ask is because i have a house in the UK that is going to need to be sold at some point but im unsure now as to when i will be able to travel back to the UK to do this?

Regards,

cartaverde

Post by cartaverde » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:42 pm

http://www.visajourney.com/ has usually timelines for what each part of the process takes. I hope it will not take months. Good luck.

ozziewench
Newly Registered

Post by ozziewench » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:21 pm

mrrobotic

Until you have GC in hand it is not generally advised to leave the US when adjusting status through marriage to a USC after entering on the VWP. Even with Advance Parole there is no guarantee of re-entry. Another great source for immigration resources for fiance(e), spouse, or family based immigration is www.familybasedimmigration.com There is also a good knowledge base there in the forums.