ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 is 5 years' tax return and NI contribution bill enough?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

roza369
Newly Registered

EEA4 is 5 years' tax return and NI contribution bill enough?

Post by roza369 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:31 am

Hi, everyone. I am non-EEA family member and filling EEA4 form. My spouse is self employed. Is it enough just to supply EEA national's 5 years tax return forms and his NI contribution bill with the form? Thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Does your spouse have their self assessment statements of account for 5 years?

These are normally sent by HMRC once one's SA forms have been scrutinised and given the 'OK' by the tax man for each tax year, and should suffice.

roza369
Newly Registered

Post by roza369 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Yes, I have my spouse's self assessment statements for last 5 years Is it really going to be enough? I have read some posts saying that there should be a lot of proof, however nobody says what exactly needed. And in EEA4 guidance it says that evidence needed which shows income earned from self-employment or accountants letter...

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:47 am

The most important evidence that the caseworker most frequently asks is the account statements indicating trading.
Success is a journey, not a destination. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

roza369
Newly Registered

Post by roza369 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:51 am

Englandd wrote:The most important evidence that the caseworker most frequently asks is the account statements indicating trading.
Could you specify please. Tax returns seem to satisfy that someone did some trading and paid taxes and therefore returned overpaid tax. Am I right? So may I assume that tax returns forms showing the amount of returned tax to be sufficient in indicating trading activity?
Last edited by roza369 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:56 am

yes that is right but business account statement shows the broader picture of trading activities and the same caseworker most frequently but not always want to see.
Success is a journey, not a destination. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

roza369
Newly Registered

Post by roza369 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:58 am

And also may I ask - should my EEA spouse prove that he has not been absent from this country for more than 6 months in a year? And if he should prove it would be the same tax return statements be a profe or do we need to show letters dated no more than 6 months between them? Thank you.

roza369
Newly Registered

Post by roza369 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Englandd wrote:yes that is right but business account statement shows the broader picture of trading activities and the same caseworker most frequently but not always want to see.
Sorry for my dumb questions. Do you mean bank statement? I do not have that... What else might be used? And if I won't supply the bank statements, will my application be refused? All I have actually are letters from tax office and tax returns... Can the EEA4 application to be refused at all, except the case when I am not sending my passport with it?

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:11 pm

But it looks strange as you are saying to have tax returns because of doing trading activities but not have business/trading bank statements. I do not think that is there any mode of self employment without banking and is based on cash.

roza369
Newly Registered

Post by roza369 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:16 pm

You are right. Of course there are statements, but my spouse refuses to cooperate therefore I would not get them. So I need to find a solution and act quick... We did not file a divorce yet so I decided to send EEA4 form now - as it seems to be easier that way than retain a right of residence later... See full story here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=115715