ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I-485 approved at Interview, now I-72 says more info needed?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cagarcia
Newly Registered

I-485 approved at Interview, now I-72 says more info needed?

Post by cagarcia » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:33 pm

I have been going through cancellation of deportation proceedings since I was about 12 years old. I am now 18 and recently been eligible for adjust of status.
My mother and father were deported back to Guatemala and since I was in proceedings at the time I was adopted by my grandmother who is a U.S. Citizen.
She filed an I-130 to claim me and it was approved as of April of 2006. Deportation was canceled June of 2006.

I recently had an interview with a local INS officer and she assured me that my application would be approved pending an FBI name check and I should be receiving my Permanent Residency Card in the mail very soon. It seems that the name check has cleared but I received a letter in the mail from another officer (form I-72) that says they need proof of Divorce and Marriage from my mother and father and a "Withdrawal of prior I-485" that apparently my father had submitted for me back in 1993 and was Suspended in May of 98.

My question is why would they need these documents if the Adjustment of Status was submitted through my Grandmother, Adoptive Mother (U.S. Citizen)? Has anyone ever heard of this?

I have faxed the letter over to my lawyer but I was just wondering if this was going to be a problem for me? How long does it usually take to resolve something like this and WHY would they need this type of paperwork?

As I said I am 18. No work permit. Non-resident. I NEED this as soon as possible. I am stuck.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Carlos in Nevada.

ozziewench
Newly Registered

Post by ozziewench » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:46 pm

Hi Carlos

I see that you haven't gotten a reply to this yet. Try here

All the best to you.