ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to complain about my Employer (Company) at UKBA

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Priya2012uk
Newly Registered

Need to complain about my Employer (Company) at UKBA

Post by Priya2012uk » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi All,

Please can any one guide or assist me how to approach UKBA to complain about my sponsoerd employer for sexual harassment and abusing very vulgarily everyday.

He is also not paying salary and trating other employers as slaves here in UK.

He treats the girls as very vulgarily.

Please let me know the phone numbers and email address of all the UKBA centres and let me know how to approach to file case against this employer ( company) in UKBA.

Please help me i'm in big trouble.

Thanks,
Priya

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:51 pm

UKBA is not the organisation to get in touch with or complain to for the problem you are facing. UKBA is not concerned with how employees in an organisation behave with their coworkers!! UKBA is a "border control agency" !!!

Get in touch with Citizens Advice Bureau for help and guidance in the matter. The following organisations may also be approached:
1. National Commission for Women,
2. Women's groups like Jagori
3. Human Rights Law Network
4. The Lawyers Collective
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:41 pm

crazy_ram wrote: Hi Priya,
Sorry to here that you are facing trouble. If that is the case, you should contact your local police first and give a complaint and tell them that you have got threat from them. Make sure you have some evidences before approaching police as the police are also helpless with out proofs. Once you approach them, they will provide you protection and they will guide to how to complain to the UKBA if the employer bring you into the country. You can make a complaint to HMRC for not paying the wages.

I hope this helps,

Regards,
RAM

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:42 pm

jonbca wrote:This is probably not the place to go for this kind of advice.

You should contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau for help. Whether you are in the country legally or not, they will be able to help you, and put you in touch with the right people to make sure you're safe.

The Border Agency is not the appropriate department to discuss this with.

Edit: If you really believe that your life is in danger immediately go to the police.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Not an immigration matter.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:43 pm

t1s2010 wrote:No overlap with immigration matter as well?

Employer is actually 'sponsored' and thus misusing his position to abuse the employee. Employer knows that employee is at his mercy at the moment (changing job to prevent yourself is secondary step).

priya, what proof you hold before going to UKBA or any authority?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:00 am

sushdmehta wrote:
t1s2010 wrote: priya, what proof you hold before going to UKBA or any authority?
It is important to have witnesses who are prepared to provide witness statements, so that it is not just your word against a manager's word.

PJANI
Newly Registered

Sexual Abuse

Post by PJANI » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Priya

I am sorry to hear about your problem...

Let me clarify one thing - UKBA is not dealing with any such matter as it is an independent agency to look after immigration releated concerns only..

I would like to advice you - without wasting your time, visit the nearest police station and lodge your official complaint against the person harrasing you...Obtain an official copy of your complaint by paying nominal fees (around 5 to 10 pounds)..Its an official proof of your compaint...

No need to waste time to ask help from any other association or organisation because such organisation will lead you to lodge a complaint to a police station - again, waste of your valuable time...

Rush to the nearest police station and discuss everything with them..if you need, they will provide Lady Police as well to discuss your case with her in detail...

Good luck...

Jani

mb13
Newly Registered

Re: Need to complain about my Employer (Company) at UKBA

Post by mb13 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi Priya

While it's true that UKBA don't deal with employment matters, per se, we all nevertheless have a right--stated on the UKBA website, Rights and Responsibilities--to be treated fairly and lawfully:

"During your stay here, you have the right to:

be treated fairly and lawfully regardless of your race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation or any disability;"

You are being treated unlawfully, and you have a right not to be subjected to unlawful treatment. As others have said, though, I wouldn't complain to UKBA. Nor would I bother to complain to police--police here will NOT get involved in an employment matter unless there is a very serious, clear-cut criminal issue involved. I don't see where you have said (as some have stated) that your life is in danger. You say you're 'in trouble'--what kind of trouble? If it is a criminal matter, and you are being threatened, then definitely go to the police. Just don't be surprised if they claim an employment issue is a civil rather than a police matter.

If unpaid wages are at issue, you need to file an ET (Employment Tribunal claim) for withholding of wages. You don't need a lawyer for this, but it helps if you do. You can file the claim on your own.

So sorry you're experiencing this. You're not alone, by any means.

Good luck!
Priya2012uk wrote:Hi All,

Please can any one guide or assist me how to approach UKBA to complain about my sponsoerd employer for sexual harassment and abusing very vulgarily everyday.

He is also not paying salary and trating other employers as slaves here in UK.

He treats the girls as very vulgarily.

Please let me know the phone numbers and email address of all the UKBA centres and let me know how to approach to file case against this employer ( company) in UKBA.

Please help me i'm in big trouble.

Thanks,
Priya

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:09 pm

I would just like to add that if your employer is not paying the wages that they have told the UKBA that you will receive, the UKBA would be interested in that aspect.

However, the end result could be that the employer gets their licence revoked and then you would need to find a new employer to sponsor you.

You can report the employer, if they are not paying the correct wages then it is a crime to lie to UKBA to sponsor people to work in the UKBA.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... ort-crime/

The citizen's advice bureau should also be able to help you.