ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce and Naturalization

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jtp20039
Newly Registered

Divorce and Naturalization

Post by jtp20039 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:19 am

My ex wife and I married in 11/01. CR was granted in 5/02. Filed I-751 in 3/04. Divorce became final in 4/05, just 6 days before I-751 was approved. I called NSC to find out whether I needed to file a waiver since the divorce preceded the approval of I-751. An examiner at NSC claimed that notification was all that was needed in my case. A letter of notification of the divorce and a certified copy of the divorce decree were sent to NSC in 5/05. No response from NSC of any sort. Now I will be eligible to file N-400 in 3/07. I have been reading some horror stories about denials, and deportation…etc. I was in a real marriage, with plenty of evidence to prove it. I broke no laws. I paid my taxes every year. I was present in the US the entire past five years. Has anyone seen a similar situation? If so, what was the outcome? Thank you.

ozziewench
Newly Registered

Post by ozziewench » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:15 pm

Hi there

It seems no-one was able to assist you with any knowledge or experiences. You may find your answers here
FAQs: CHANGES IN FAMILY STATUS ON THE IMMIGRATION PROCESS ~ DIVORCE