ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for Turkish national

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gigixx
Newly Registered

Visit visa for Turkish national

Post by gigixx » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:26 am

I am just looking for some information about applying for a general vist visa for my Turkish partner for a holiday. He saw somebody in Turkey who said forget about your girlfriend sending you an invite letter as the chances are it will be refused. Instead he has said to get friends preferably a married couple to invite him. Also mentioned was that if he stayed for more than a few weeks next time he applied it would be frowned upon if he stayed eg 2 months. I have been to Turkey several times over the past 18 months and travelled in winter to visit his family and just want him to meet mine. I merely want to be honest in this application.

saw87
Newly Registered

Post by saw87 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi gigixx, I just came across your post when browsing the site now.

I think your boyfriend has received bad advice. In my opinion you should be as honest and open as you can be in your application. Remember anything he says in this application may affect future applications (I.e. fiancé or spouse visa if your relationship progresses).

My partner is also Turkish. We were refused a visitor visa twice but challenged the second decision and (after a long and expensive fight!) managed to get the UKBA to overturn the decision and issue the 6 month visitor visa.

Here's a list of the documents we submitted with the application:

Copy of my passport (certified by solicitor)
Copy of my Turkish visas (certified by solicitor)
Personal Statement from my Partner, the Applicant
Personal Statement from me, the Sponsor
Letter of support from my Mother
6 months bank statements (sponsor)
6 months pay slips (sponsor)
P60 document (sponsor)
Housing Report (from the local council)
Council Tax Bill
Letter from Sponsor's employer
Bank statement (applicant)
Letter from current and previous employers (applicant)
Family document (applicant)
Utility bill from applicant home (in his fathers name)
Letter from applicants parents
Invitation to applicant from my parents to my Sisters wedding
Invoice for the wedding reception
Mobile phone records
Photographs

The main thing your boyfriend has to show is that has strong ties to Turkey, like a job to return to, property, family ties etc.

I hope this helps you. Good luck.