ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Registration - Change of Address

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Happy28

Police Registration - Change of Address

Post by Happy28 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Hello All,

Here is my situation: I went to the police station the district where I lived when I first time came to London to registrer, and then after few days I left UK, and seldom live in UK. Since I knew this document is very important, so I put it in a very safe place, a safe place I don't touch them day to day, since I didn't live in UK, so the important document is storing in the basement of my memory storage. And now I moved to UK and decided to permanently live here, and have my permanent address. After clearing my safe box and luggage, and geting the registration certification out, I just realized that it seems that I need to inform the police station where I registered first time within 7 days of moving or absence more than two months. So here are my questions coming out:

1. Which police station should I inform that my address has been changed ?
How should I do this ? Should I just go to the police station in person ?

2. Will there be any issues if I didn't inform them within 7 days, and when I was out of UK more than 2 months ?

Thanks a lot for all the helps here !!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Whereabouts in the country are you living?

Happy28

Post by Happy28 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Greenie wrote:Whereabouts in the country are you living?
Thanks, this issue has been resolved.