ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:41 am

IScott wrote:
Ged wrote:Here is the link;

SkyDrive - http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N
Hi Guys,

I don't know what I have done. It seems I deleted the spreadsheet.

Anyone could check it? I am really sorry ............. :(
Indeed you had deleted it.

I have now restored it.

It is best just to leave your details on the forum and leave someone who knows what they are doing to add it on the spreadsheet.

Thanks for informing us.

IScott
Newly Registered

Post by IScott » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:50 am

[quote="mbnarayn"][quote="IScott"][quote="Ged"]Here is the link;

Indeed you had deleted it.

I have now restored it.

It is best just to leave your details on the forum and leave someone who knows what they are doing to add it on the spreadsheet.

Thanks for informing us.[/quote]

Thank you very much!! You are star!!!!!

I am really sorry about it! :oops:

meemyself&I

Post by meemyself&I » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi all

Good news for my husband. He has received his ILR today (BRP card only). Below is his timeline.

Application made: 28 May 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 6 June 2012
Biometric enrolled: 1 August 2012
Biometric card received: 18 October 2012
Passport & Letter : not yet received (the BRP card was delivered before these documents)

Application made on the basis of 10 years long residence under student category (was student the entire period).

Thanks to everyone who contributed in making this a success and most of all to God Almighty.

My prayers are with all those who are waiting.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

meemyself&I wrote:
meemyself&I wrote:
Desigirl wrote:
hello32 wrote:hello ever one

"on 1st June 2012 I received my passport back with the refusal as I have 6 days gap, as when I applied in 2009 my visa was going to expire on 30th of September I sent my application on 24th and got application back on 18th November 2009 because of invalid photos UKBA gave me 28 days to submit new application or sent them same application with new photos I was granted visa but when I applied ILR they refused and said that I had 52 days gap"

I am now scared as I have read Hello32's post, I am also in a similar situation, as in 2008 my application was returned due to incorrect photos , within a week I had sent the correct photos, did anyone else have this situation?

I pray God please send the people in this forum our ILR without hassle and with haste.
Don't worry, keep positive. One thing I have learnt is that there are no two person's case that will be the same. What one caseworker will take seriously, another caseworker will overlook. So let's hope that yours is overlooked. Keep positive and hang on in there, its only a matter of days or at most 2 weeks (by God's grace). This is my personal opinion.

Well I think it is almost good news for my husband. He has received a DX delivery form to say he has a parcel from them, and he has rescheduled a delivery date. However, I am so optimistic that it is the ILR on its way.

I will update you all when once it has landed in his hands.

So far, this is his 20th week.

PS - the letter and supporting documents has not yet been received, maybe delayed and hopefully they might come on the same date.

Wishing all others who are waiting all the very best.
God's divine child

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Congratulations. Was your husband already on the sky drive waiting list with a nick name of his own?

meemyself&I

Post by meemyself&I » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Ged wrote:Congratulations. Was your husband already on the sky drive waiting list with a nick name of his own?
Thank you. No he wasn't, please include it, so it will help others.

Also update is that his passport and letter has just been delivered, so in essence they arrived the same day. However, if he was home yesterday, he would have been able to receive the BRP card a day before the docs arrived.

Thanks again everyone.
God's divine child

flyingv26
Pakistan

Post by flyingv26 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Congrats memyself&i, it is a gr8 news indeed, and gives me much needed hope, as we have only 2 days difference in our acknowledgement letter dates, i keep looking through the window when its time for my postman to come, its really nerve wrecking, but atleast i know now, its going to be DX delivery, could you please tell me at what time they dropped card at your place, so i could just make sure i wont let them go without handing me my ilr :~)

meemyself&I

Post by meemyself&I » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:29 pm

flyingv26 wrote:Congrats memyself&i, it is a gr8 news indeed, and gives me much needed hope, as we have only 2 days difference in our acknowledgement letter dates, i keep looking through the window when its time for my postman to come, its really nerve wrecking, but atleast i know now, its going to be DX delivery, could you please tell me at what time they dropped card at your place, so i could just make sure i wont let them go without handing me my ilr :~)
I know that feeling, for the past few days I even limited the noise in the house, so that we could hear the tiniest of any sound at the door.

They dropped the card between 11 & 12:15 (they did not state the time on the card). Today they delivered it just before 12pm. Don't worry, yours is on its way. Funnily I was even looking out for your posts on here, as I said it should all come around the same time, as not much difference in time.

His passport and other documents delivery also required a signature, as I have read other posts, that others did not require signature.

PS - on his BRP expiry date, they put down the date the application was sent which was (28 May) but the year 2022. I guess it is not a coincidence.
God's divine child

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 pm

flyingv26 wrote:Congrats memyself&i, it is a gr8 news indeed, and gives me much needed hope, as we have only 2 days difference in our acknowledgement letter dates, i keep looking through the window when its time for my postman to come, its really nerve wrecking, but atleast i know now, its going to be DX delivery, could you please tell me at what time they dropped card at your place, so i could just make sure i wont let them go without handing me my ilr :~)
flyingv26 i am looking forward too. mine and your biometrics were received and done on the same day. On the one hand it makes me think we will receive ours soon but looking at the list, a few people are still waiting from march, april and may. Wonder how many of them have infact received ILRs and not bothered to update on the forum.

It will be nice if those of you from march, april and may who are still waiting for their ILRs let us know.

Congratulations memyselfandI and I have 2 questions for you. How many days was your husband outside the UK in total and did you send any prepaid recorded envelope for the return of your supporting documents? Thanks.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Congrats @memyselfandI.
Others, hang in there. It will come.

meemyself&I

Post by meemyself&I » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:04 pm

mbnarayn wrote:
flyingv26 i am looking forward too. mine and your biometrics were received and done on the same day. On the one hand it makes me think we will receive ours soon but looking at the list, a few people are still waiting from march, april and may. Wonder how many of them have infact received ILRs and not bothered to update on the forum.

It will be nice if those of you from march, april and may who are still waiting for their ILRs let us know.

Congratulations memyselfandI and I have 2 questions for you. How many days was your husband outside the UK in total and did you send any prepaid recorded envelope for the return of your supporting documents? Thanks.
Hello,

My husband has only been out of the uk for not more than 30 days in the entire period. He did not send prepaid recorded envelope.
God's divine child

Desigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Desigirl » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Congratulations memyself&I , I can imagine how happy you all are!

Zim1

Post by Zim1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi Guys!

Just a quick question. My wife and I have applied separately on the 10 year long residency route. I have a slight concern that maybe some of you may shed light on. My stay has been continuous for 10 years and so has my wife's but however there is a time when my wife was applying as my student dependent she used a wrong application form. After HO send back the application, we literally filled the application next day or 2 using correct application form and send back application which was then duly approved. Have we now got reason to worry that her long residency application might be affected or they'll view this as a minor oversight?

Many thanks!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Honestly speaking you've not mentioned the time line. I mean which date did you applied and when was your wife's visa expiring...Yela Yela Yela...

Ged

Post by Ged » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:36 am

Zim1;
Read this document carefully, it should help to decide by yourself;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

You will find a single gap of no more than 10 days is very likely to be overlooked.

manwar

Sending by lawyer

Post by manwar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Does it make it faster if you apply through a lawyer. one of my friend applied through immigration lawyer who charges 400 for set (0) ten years. is there any gurantee. I heard lawyer can write to homeoffice and HO would reply to them if its delayed??

as268
Newly Registered

Fee taking

Post by as268 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Should I be worried that the HO have still not yet taken the fee for my application? Below is the timeline for my application 10 yr residency application via SET(O) form

Application sent: 10/Sept/12
Acknowledgement letter dated: 12/Sept/12 received: 17/Sept/12

I applied by debit card and to this day they have not even attempted to take the money out of my account and it worries mebecause it's practically been 6 weeks since they received my application. I have checked with my bank numerous times and they have confirmed no attempts have been made by UKBA.

HAs this ever happened to anyone else and am I right to be concerned?

mbnarayn

Re: Fee taking

Post by mbnarayn » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:25 pm

as268 wrote:Should I be worried that the HO have still not yet taken the fee for my application? Below is the timeline for my application 10 yr residency application via SET(O) form

Application sent: 10/Sept/12
Acknowledgement letter dated: 12/Sept/12 received: 17/Sept/12

I applied by debit card and to this day they have not even attempted to take the money out of my account and it worries mebecause it's practically been 6 weeks since they received my application. I have checked with my bank numerous times and they have confirmed no attempts have been made by UKBA.

HAs this ever happened to anyone else and am I right to be concerned?

Did you receive an acknowledgement letter? Did you send your application by recorded delivery? This happened to a friend of mine when he applied for his tier 1 extension. They deducted the fees a month after his application date.

as268
Newly Registered

fee entry

Post by as268 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Yes as I've said above I recieved the acknowledgement letter which was dated 2 days after I had sent the form. That's why I'm conused. It's been 6 weeks and the money is yet to be taken

mbnarayn

Re: fee entry

Post by mbnarayn » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:51 pm

as268 wrote:Yes as I've said above I recieved the acknowledgement letter which was dated 2 days after I had sent the form. That's why I'm conused. It's been 6 weeks and the money is yet to be taken
Sorry I missed that. You should not be worried as they have sent you an acknowledgement. But guess it is worth a ring though to the UKBA and explaining the situation and see what they say.

as268
Newly Registered

Re: fee entry

Post by as268 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:42 pm

mbnarayn wrote:
as268 wrote:Yes as I've said above I recieved the acknowledgement letter which was dated 2 days after I had sent the form. That's why I'm conused. It's been 6 weeks and the money is yet to be taken
Sorry I missed that. You should not be worried as they have sent you an acknowledgement. But guess it is worth a ring though to the UKBA and explaining the situation and see what they say.

Hi, Yea called the UKBA and they weren't very helpful. they basically said they cant access my application as it's not even been processed so it seems it may just be sitting somewhere untouched. I don;t know. They've given me an address to post my concerns through to. don't know how helpful that will be though :(

Ged

Post by Ged » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:44 pm

as268; Yes it was well worth asking them about it. I am not surprised that they were not helpful though. Another issue is to making sure that your bank is expecting the payment. For any security reason, if your bank stops such a payment, you probably know what the consequences would be. If you have already done that, and notified your debit card issuer, you have much less to be worried about.

as268
Newly Registered

Post by as268 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Ged wrote:as268; Yes it is worth asking them about it. Another issue is to making sure that your bank is expecting the payment. For any security reason, if your bank stops such a payment, you probably know what the consequences would be. If you have already done that, and notified your debit card issuer, you have much less to be worried about.
thanks for that GED. Yea, have been liaising with my bank and asked if any payment had been declined or whether there had been any attempts to take payment ut nothing. I have used this account for previous applications made by post so not sure what the issue is. I was worried they maybe sending the forms back but there is absolutely no reason too. I've sent a letter to the adress I've been given and hope I'll hear something back asap because now I'm worried they've lost my things

rohitchy
Newly Registered

Please include and update my time line

Post by rohitchy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:46 am

Hi,
Can some one please include me and update the time line please.

8 years student + 2 years PSW,

Application sent : 20/06/2012
Acknowledgement letter received : 26/06/2012
Biometrics request received : 18/08/2012
Biometrics given : 21/08/2012

Document + Passport + BRP card received : Waiting.

Many thanks.

hope123
Newly Registered

Re: Please include and update my time line

Post by hope123 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:55 am

Same for me...

8 years student + 2 years psw

Application sent: 06/06/2102
Biometrics letter received: 09/08/2012
Biometrics submitted: 13/08/2012
Passport + BRP: Waiting

[quote="rohitchy"]Hi,
Can some one please include me and update the time line please.

8 years student + 2 years PSW,

Application sent : 20/06/2012
Acknowledgement letter received : 26/06/2012
Biometrics request received : 18/08/2012
Biometrics given : 21/08/2012

Document + Passport + BRP card received : Waiting.

Many thanks.[/quote]

Ged

Post by Ged » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Hope123 and rohitchy are both included. Good luck to everyone.