ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help - My immigration solicitor is disappeared

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bilal_mushtaq2003
Newly Registered

urgent help - My immigration solicitor is disappeared

Post by bilal_mushtaq2003 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi,

I have applied for student extension application two months back. My friends who applied for extension at the same time (for same university) have got their extensions. All I know two weeks before my solicitor told me that he has got an approval letter for my extension but not the documents (passport, & BRP) and since then he is disappeared. I don't know where the hell he has gone?

I need an urgent help. All of the sudden my immigration solicitor has been disappeared. I have been contacting him for long time but his office telephone and mobile are not responding. I am bit concerned that he might has run away from the country :-(

All I have got the acknowledgement letter from UKBA where it has been stated that I can contact them directly if required.

Now, I need a suggestion. Should I contact home office (UKBA) myself on the telephone number they have mentioned in the acknowledgement letter or should I contact any other solicitor who could declare that he will represent me for all future correspondence?

I will be waiting for a quick response.

Many thanks in advance.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Is the solicitor listed here?

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/

Have you been to the solicitor's office?

Here's how to report a problem with a solicitor that has shut down:

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problem ... -down.page

You can contact UKBA yourself and/or use another solicitor.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:20 pm