ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier1 Extension Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yaseenka
Newly Registered

UK Tier1 Extension Help

Post by yaseenka » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi All,

Last week, I have received my tier 1 visa get extended for 3 years,

I would like to have your kind advice for the following

1. My wife tier 1 dependend visa will get expired on December 11th,2012 and need to get extended.

2. I also need to get the dependend visa for my baby from india (never entered UK).

Please support me to undestand the best way to achieve both of the above requirments

Thans Again
Yaseen

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Your child must apply for a visa in India. Your wife can choose to apply with the baby or stick with her current (and valid) leave and extend this when she enters the UK. Obviously, she must enter before the expiry in December.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:29 pm

If your wife is currently outside the UK then I would suggest that either:
1. she returns to UK before her current leave expires and apply for extension in the UK or,
2. if 1. is no possible, then she applies for entry clearance before her current leave expires.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

yaseenka
Newly Registered

Post by yaseenka » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Thanks sushdmehta for your valuable reply.

I am trying to understand the situation now. My wife is in India now with her baby

As per you suggestion, can I request for both(Wife & Baby) new Entry clearance before my wife's current visa expiry. This means requesting new entry clearance for my wife before the expiration of the current visa. because bringing my wife here to UK and applying for extension by post seems to be little complex. besides, I need to get new EC for my baby.

Your reply is highly appreciated

Thanks
Yaseen

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:54 pm

yaseenka wrote:can I request for both(Wife & Baby) new Entry clearance before my wife's current visa expiry.
Yes.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:35 pm

for your wife its a visa extension and for your baby its entry clearance. both your wife and baby can apply together though.

don't get confuse with entry clearance and visa, both are same thing, your first ever visa is known as entry clearance normally and thereafter simply visa.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:32 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:for your wife its a visa extension and for your baby its entry clearance. both your wife and baby can apply together though.
No. EC and leave to remain are entirely different. You can't extend leave in a situation where you are outside the UK; it would be an application for a new entry clearance in the same category.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Process is almost same, u need to provide almost the same documentry evidance whether it is EC or visa extension in my opinión.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Same / similar process doesn't make an application for entry clearance an application for extension (leave to remain).
Extension cannot be applied for from outside the UK.

In order that the OP's wife maintains continuous leave (a requirement for settlement), it has already been suggested to the OP that his wife should apply for EC before her current leave expires.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:55 pm

A question since EC and visa extension are being discussed - is it not that if the OP's wife applies for EC from India she will fall under the new dependant rules applicable from 9 July this year where as if she comes back to the UK and applies for a visa extension she will continue to be under the old rules?

If the above is true, won't it be better if she comes back and does it?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:09 pm

hsmp1412 wrote:is it not that if the OP's wife applies for EC from India she will fall under the new dependant rules applicable from 9 July this year
The requirement is to maintain "continuous leave" from the time of initial entry clearance to be eligible for settlement. The rules do not state that a new entry clearance instead of extension will reset qualifying residential period to that under new rules introduced on 09-July.
319E(d)(i)

It is never a good idea to make travel plans coinciding with expiry of existing leave!!

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks for the clarification sushdmehta.