ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier1 dependant child out of country

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

varghesejim
India

tier1 dependant child out of country

Post by varghesejim » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:32 pm

I need to apply for my wife and kids entry clearance from India shortly. I am staying in a room in a shared house. Is it ok to get a sublet agreement from my house owner and provide it with the application for my wife and kid. Have anyone done this?

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:40 pm

you can certainly do this, but there is a risk of visa being refused on the basis of overcrowding in the house. how many people live in the house? if you still intend to show your room for your kid and wife make sure its a big double size room, house is not overcrowded and should be mentioned in the letter.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:37 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:you can certainly do this, but there is a risk of visa being refused on the basis of overcrowding in the house. how many people live in the house? if you still intend to show your room for your kid and wife make sure its a big double size room, house is not overcrowded and should be mentioned in the letter.
Thank you. All the rooms are occupied in the house so if checked it will fail the overcrowding test. Of course, I am intending to get a rented house before bringing the family. If I rent a house now, I stand to loose some money because the family could come as late as 4 months from now, I could end up living alone in the house(which I don't enjoy) paying considerable rent. We would like to get the visa ASAP and then plan for the house.

Hope I need not explain London rental rates:-)

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:46 pm

There are some other options as well which ill discuss vía pm for obvios reasons.

Rent a room in a big house where not every room is rented out, ive seen the houses where only One person or couple living there n they only want to let One room only, that way u can avoid overcrowding problem .

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:55 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:There are some other options as well which ill discuss vía pm for obvios reasons.

Rent a room in a big house where not every room is rented out, ive seen the houses where only One person or couple living there n they only want to let One room only, that way u can avoid overcrowding problem .
Thank you for your help. I got my dependents visa successfully.