ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Please Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Seena

Spouse Visa - Please Help

Post by Seena » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi All,

I would really appreciate your help on my post. Here is my history.

Currently i am on PSW visa which is valid for another 18 month.

I got married to a British citizen in Pakistan in June 2012, On our return to the UK i applied for my spouse visa on 3rd July 2012.

In few days time after submitting my application, I got an acknowledgement letter from the home office that they have received my application for the spouse visa and they will contact me in due course. So far three and a half months are passed and i haven't received any news or letter from the home office. IS THAT NORMAL ?

Please share your experience or comment ? I am worried now as why they are taking that long ? Would that be an issue if we got in Pakistan and not in the UK ?

My wife is a civil servant & she is working for the past 5 years, I am also in full time employment.

Thanks in advance and would be grateful if you could comment on m y post please.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa - Please Help

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Seena wrote: IS THAT NORMAL ?
Three month was not abnormal even without taking into account the changes in the rules, so you can perhaps imagine that the stampede of applications ahead of the 9 July deadline will have created a very large back-log. Don't worry!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Visa applications submitted in the UK are taking on average 6 months to process. As Lucapooka has advised, the UKBA have a large back-log and staff taking their Summer holidays won't have helped. :?

Seena

Post by Seena » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Thanks very much Lucapooka and Casa for the prompt reply.

One last question, As we got married in Pakistan and not in the UK, would that be any issue ? Would home office accept our marital status or marriage certificate from Pakistan ?

Thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:53 am

If you marriage is legal under Pakistani law, it is legal under UK law as well.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!