ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier - 1 new baby and travel

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kroy
Newly Registered

Tier - 1 new baby and travel

Post by kroy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi,
I am currently in UK from past around 16 months on Tier 1 (General) and my wife as my dependant. (We both are working).

We are expecting a baby in next week. (24th Oct Due date).

Our visa is expiring in Feb 2013. However the plan is that my wife and my new born child will be travelling by Dec 2012 end to my home country for 4 months and will come back in April 2013.

Now my questions are:
1. If I apply for my baby's dependant visa, will it be only till Feb 2013?
2. How soon can I apply for extension, Can I apply for my and my wife's extension in Nov 2012 (Since by the time my family will come back in April 2012 the visa will be expired hence it needs to be done before they go).
3. Do I need to file by baby's visa first and then again his extension. ?
4. If I apply in Nov will the extension be valid from Nov or after my original visa expires.?
5. What are the timelines for getting the visa's back. (I am thinking that after my baby is born i need to apply for his Indian citizenship and then Indian passport and then UK visa, so if after all this we 3 apply for our extensions will I be able to get it back by end of Dec 2012).

Or is it recommended to apply for our extension and baby's passport in UK and then apply for baby's visa in India ?

Thanks for any response.

Kartikeya Roy

kroy
Newly Registered

Post by kroy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:58 pm

another option is that I apply for my visa extension in Jan and then by wife and child apply their extension from India after my visa is extended but that will cost me around INR 30,000 more, (additional cost for visa + travel cost to new delhi, etc)

The best is to apply for baby's citizenship and then passport and then apply for My and my wife extension and baby's new application all together but I am worrying this might take middle of Nov and will I be able to get our passports back by Dec end for my wife and baby to travel back.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Re: Tier - 1 new baby and travel

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:20 pm

kroy wrote:Hi,
I am currently in UK from past around 16 months on Tier 1 (General) and my wife as my dependant. (We both are working).

Our visa is expiring in Feb 2013. However the plan is that my wife and my new born child will be travelling by Dec 2012 end to my home country for 4 months and will come back in April 2013.

Now my questions are:
1. If I apply for my baby's dependant visa, will it be only till Feb 2013? yes
2. How soon can I apply for extension, Can I apply for my and my wife's extension in Nov 2012 (Since by the time my family will come back in April 2012 the visa will be expired hence it needs to be done before they go).
4. If I apply in Nov will the extension be valid from Nov or after my original visa expires.? it depends on case worker.
5. What are the timelines for getting the visa's back. (I am thinking that after my baby is born i need to apply for his Indian citizenship and then Indian passport and then UK visa, so if after all this we 3 apply for our extensions will I be able to get it back by end of Dec 2012). its difficult to say anything, only ukba knows

Or is it recommended to apply for our extension and baby's passport in UK and then apply for baby's visa in India ?

Thanks for any response.

Kartikeya Roy
ideal scenario would be to get a PEO appointment in dec 12, and apply for visa for yourself,wife and newborn baby together, in PEO you can request the caseworker to grant new visa from the date of your visa expiry, although he may decline your request.

as soon your baby born you can arrange for her/his new passport from london, new passport doesnt take that long these days.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:05 pm

[quote="kroy"]Hi,

Now my questions are:
[b]Yes, if you apply before your extension.
[/b]

[b]Yes, you can apply for extension anytime but the new visa will start from the date the extension is granted rather than the current visa expiry date.[/b]

[b]If you file for the baby's visa now, you will have to extend it later with your own. You can let a baby remain in the country or travel outside without filing a visa for him/her but you will need a visa to get him/her back into the country.[/b]

4. If I apply in Nov will the extension be valid from Nov or after my original visa expires.?
[b]As above[/b]

5. What are the timelines for getting the visa's back. (I am thinking that after my baby is born i need to apply for his Indian citizenship and then Indian passport and then UK visa, so if after all this we 3 apply for our extensions will I be able to get it back by end of Dec 2012).
[b]Getting an indian passport is fairly quick (I guess 2 weeks or so). However, visas are taking quite some time now.[/b]

[b]This sounds like a good idea.[/b]

Kartikeya Roy[/quote]

raja1082k1

Post by raja1082k1 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:40 pm

kroy wrote:Hi,

Now my questions are:

Thanks for any response.

Kartikeya Roy
Hi

I would suggest the following:

1. Go for early extension using PEO services before dec traveling date. OR
2. Get the baby's passport from your home country embassy and then your wife & baby can travel to your home country. You can apply here by postal service(now waiting time is over 3 months) and once you get the extension, you can send docs for your dependants who then can apply in the home country where the turnaround time is upto 3 weeks at the moment.

Note: I had applied for my baby's visa(within UK) on 9th July and still awaiting.