ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:23 pm

iloveireland wrote:I talked to someone in Citizenship section yesterday and was told that I will get the decision in 2-3 weeks.
So I believe they will send out the invitation letter for Dec in 2-3 weeks. This doesn't mean I will get the positive reply though as I had some court fines which they asked me to submit the receipt for few weeks back.
Lets see and I will keep you posted.
By the way I have applied in July 2011 on the basis of 5 years residency (was 7 years in my case)
Thanks
How many weeks ago were you sent the letter from inis to submit the receipt? and did you get an acknowledgement of your submission?

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:39 pm

minniepoe wrote:
iloveireland wrote:I talked to someone in Citizenship section yesterday and was told that I will get the decision in 2-3 weeks.
So I believe they will send out the invitation letter for Dec in 2-3 weeks. This doesn't mean I will get the positive reply though as I had some court fines which they asked me to submit the receipt for few weeks back.
By the way I have applied in July 2011 on the basis of 5 years residency (was 7 years in my case)
Thanks
How many weeks ago were you sent the letter from inis to submit the receipt? and did you get an acknowledgement of your submission?
My wife was asked for 3 preuves of join address, I submitted them and ack was received 2 days later
I will wait a couple of weeks before ringing them

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:44 pm

[quote="maya1"]Hi,IQU saga,You have any idea Which minors applications they dont have to take oath.?
:shock:[/quote] person who is under 18 years are minors when they applied for citizenship if they granted the citizenship they dont have to take any oath.also minors application is quick process because they dont have to do any kind of socail welfare,garda check................................good luck

moro1

Post by moro1 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks
I don't really know but i suppose if hey were minor traffic offences its should not be a problem. Hopefully some good news for all of us
good luck

iloveireland

Post by iloveireland » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:28 am

moro1 wrote:
Thanks
I don't really know but i suppose if hey were minor traffic offences its should not be a problem. Hopefully some good news for all of us
good luck
Thank you

iloveireland

Post by iloveireland » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:29 am

minniepoe wrote:
Thanks
Well actually they haven't ask me to submit receipts by post but I came to know by calling helpline so I submitted the receipts. It was before 10 days I have sent the receipts and on Monday I got the acknowledgement.

aya101

Post by aya101 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:44 pm

Called today and asked about the next ceremony which is on the 13th of December.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:23 pm

that is such a good news so few thousands people going to get in dec .good luck

iloveireland

Post by iloveireland » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:42 am

What do they mean by "Ready for Ceremony" and "will update on any shortfall"?
I was told these two words when I called them last time.
Any ideas guys?
CitationCj2 wrote:
Hoping2bIrish wrote:
CitationCj2 wrote:
iloveireland wrote:Hi guys,
Eventually I got hold of someone through citizenship helpline last Thursday . I unfortunately have some court fines for traffic offences in 2004. They said that they are going to send me the letter for submitting the receipt of those fines. They didn't give out any other information so I am now worried.

Hello again,
Have anyone have experienced case like mine? Please share.
Thanks,
Im in the same boat as you.
I commited a traffic offence back in 2003, got summons and was in court.
I paid my fine and got penalty points.
Now bear in mind that was nearly 10 years ago, and i was told when i rang them last week that i was ready for ceremony but unfortunately my case needs to reviewed again due to traffic offences:(

I dont know what will happen now, its all in the hands of who ever will review my file again..

Fingers crossed all goes well
Did you disclose the traffic fines in your citizenship application form?
Hi,
No i didnt disclose it for a genuine reason as i completly forgot.As it happend so long time ago, i didnt even think about any offences when i was filing out the form.
No that i am regular offender, so it slipped my mind.
I honestly dont know why such a minor thing from the past could make a problem now.
Regards

seraph

Post by seraph » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:24 pm

That means if your application is a standard one, you will get an invitation for December ceremony. In that case you will get the letter within 2 weeks. Could you please inform us when did you apply?

moro1

Post by moro1 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:16 pm

seraph wrote:That means if your application is a standard one, you will get an invitation for December ceremony. In that case you will get the letter within 2 weeks. Could you please inform us when did you apply?
What is a standard application ?

malikscompany

I got reply

Post by malikscompany » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:48 pm

I applied on july 2012 and got confirmation letter about a months later , then got another letter from them asking for 3 proofs of address should be sent within 28 days of recieving the letter , I am sending these proofs tomorrow. I think they are asking 3 prrofs of addresses to many people coz one of my friend was asked same.
I hope I get called for ceremony for dec .

has anyone else recieved letter for 3 proof of address ?? share information here please

malikscompany

Re: waiting for garda

Post by malikscompany » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:55 pm

moro1 wrote:
waiting2beirish wrote:
moro1 wrote:
flatpack wrote:just off the phone after 30 redial, lady on the other side told me waiting for garda report. i just wonder how long it will take for garda report to arrive, im from 2009 applicant (more then three years :( ) it looks like i have to wait for next year ceremony
They usually say Garda report when they have nothing to say , which is the the case of the time . i wonder if they pale each others hair down there :?
This is really ridiculous applicants from Jan 2012 got their approval and naturalization cert at the 15 Oct ceremony and some are waiting since 2009 :x
Well apparently the INIS have to stick to their 6 months promise to the 2012 applicants , it is even mentioned in there Ref letter , that they will receive a decision in 6 months .
But sure eventually we are getting a response could not be more than what we already have waited so no harm :)
I applied in 2012 and it doesnt say anything about 6 months. yes they are processing new applications quicker but stil not within 6 months. may be some application .

malikscompany

Re: Initial processing.....

Post by malikscompany » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:48 pm

weeno wrote:Hi Guys,

I've received a letter from initial processing team asking to submit copy of my spouse passport within 28 days. Any body knows how long the initial team take to make the final decision? Will I have a chance to attend the December ceremony?

Thanks,
I got the same letter , asking for my wife's Passport copy, marriege cert and 3 proof of addresses . I think they send same letters to many people

malikscompany

Re: Hello

Post by malikscompany » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:50 pm

Hussein wrote:Hello
He applied as a refugee
its much easier for refugees to get citizenship

iloveireland

Post by iloveireland » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:52 am

seraph wrote:That means if your application is a standard one, you will get an invitation for December ceremony. In that case you will get the letter within 2 weeks. Could you please inform us when did you apply?
I applied in July 2011 based on 5 years residency, stamp 4 (was 7 years then in my case). Lets hope what you mentioned is correct.

mhmh
Newly Registered

Re: Hello

Post by mhmh » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 am

malikscompany wrote:
Hussein wrote:Hello
He applied as a refugee
its much easier for refugees to get citizenship
i don't think so..i applied in july 2011 based on refugee status and still waiting :(

Eastend

Re: I got reply

Post by Eastend » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:51 am

malikscompany wrote:I applied on july 2012 and got confirmation letter about a months later , then got another letter from them asking for 3 proofs of address should be sent within 28 days of recieving the letter , I am sending these proofs tomorrow. I think they are asking 3 prrofs of addresses to many people coz one of my friend was asked same.

has anyone else recieved letter for 3 proof of address ?? share information here please
Hi When you was asked to submit 3 proof of address. I was asked for the same in June this year.

alpha_1

Irish Spouse Timelines

Post by alpha_1 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Guys,

1) any idea, how long it takes the application to process if applied on Irish Spouse basis? Applied in Sept 2012 & paid 175 euros.

Any body who applied on the basis of Irish spouse and get the approval, can you share the timelines details?

In the reference letter they did not mention any timelines.

Virgo
Ireland

Re: I got reply

Post by Virgo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:37 pm

malikscompany wrote:I applied on july 2012 and got confirmation letter about a months later , then got another letter from them asking for 3 proofs of address should be sent within 28 days of recieving the letter , I am sending these proofs tomorrow. I think they are asking 3 prrofs of addresses to many people coz one of my friend was asked same.

I applied in june 2012. Got acknowledgment letter with ref number mentioning that my application has been processed successfully to second stage. Since that day i didnot get any letter hope i will get positive response soon enough :)

weeno
Newly Registered

Re: Initial processing.....

Post by weeno » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:48 pm

malikscompany wrote:
weeno wrote:Hi Guys,

I've received a letter from initial processing team asking to submit copy of my spouse passport within 28 days. Any body knows how long the initial team take to make the final decision? Will I have a chance to attend the December ceremony?

Thanks,
I got the same letter , asking for my wife's Passport copy, marriege cert and 3 proof of addresses . I think they send same letters to many people
Well the thing is they asked me to submit passport copy of my spouse but I got divorced in last Jan and I've got stamp4 on my new circumstances and I've sent them copy of divorce decree and a copy of my new stamp hope they won't make any issue. Good luck to all waiting for approvals

maya1
Newly Registered

Post by maya1 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:39 am

Hi Guys' Do u know citizenship certificate they give us in oath ceremony is irish or english Language version?

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:24 am

maya1 wrote:Hi Guys' Do u know citizenship certificate they give us in oath ceremony is irish or english Language version?
naturalisation certificate is in Irish. The oath is in English

maya1
Newly Registered

Post by maya1 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Thank cleangreen,how to translate naturalization certificate in English?

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:42 pm

maya1 wrote:Thank cleangreen,how to translate naturalization certificate in English?
Why you want translate CON?
The CON is used just in ireland or by Irish Embassies, Irish passport is the document you will be asked by other countries.